PDA

View Full Version : Leak!

BYUrdneck
04-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Ok, so I just finished putting all the air lines in and all the fittings and I get it all hooked up and turned on the air and I hear a faint hissssssss. I checked my macro fittings, they are fine, checked the line, they are fine. I cocked the gun and thought it would stop - I know that it does that if you don't cock the gun at first - but it is still hissing. I took everything out - bolt, valve, striker - everything. I oiled and cleaned it all - put it all back together and it still is leaking. The sound seems like it is coming out of the barrel. All the o-rings are fine and oiled - which is what I had initially thought - but now this all baffles me. Any help would be great.

irishwarrior
04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Maybe the o-rings don't have a tight seal? Something similar happened to me a year ago and I just got new o-rings from Home Despot. Perhaps the barrel o-rings must be looked at? Also, if you had messed with the valve assembly maybe you accidentally damaged it?

oldironmudder
04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Prolly the oring on the valve unless you dropped the valve or cup seal on a hard surface.

Perhaps the barrel o-rings must be looked at?

The oring that seals the barrel to the body? No. If you take the barrel off while its leaking you can hear it still comming out of the upper tube.

BYUrdneck
04-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Well I didn't do anything to the valve - I just took it out and put some oil on the o-rings. I will go look again - but maybe its the o-rings on the bolt...maybeit is letting air through somehow...

oldironmudder
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
If you cock it then gas it up & hear the leak. It will be comming from the front valve oring or the sealing surface where the cup seal sits.

BYUrdneck
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
maybe i put the thing in backwards, but i think i put it in right - I will take it out again and see. And I will replace the cup seal with my spare and see if that does it.

oldironmudder
04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
The valve, Big hole faces the front of the marker.

BYUrdneck
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks everybody - I replaced the valve o-rings and the cup seal and oiled up everything, replaced the striker o-ring and oiled it and the bolt up. I put the valve with the big hole facing the front of the marker and it DOESN'T leak anymore! I am so happy now! One last question - the o-rings for the valve and striker are different colors (black, clear, and red)...are they specific to the parts or can in the future I use normal clear o-rings.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
No they are spec. thicknesses and hardness

BYUrdneck
04-24-2008, 01:38 PM
oh ok, well I guess I am going to have to get some extra ones now.

oldironmudder
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
I have used normal black oring on my striker with out problems.

deano 177
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I have also heard of guys using the white nylon ones too.