PDA

View Full Version : Enemy at the Gates

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
If any of you know this movie then youll understand. For those of you who have not seen it, it is a sniper vs. sniper movie set in WWII. I have never had to encounter this before on a scenario but you never know. How would you go about kill the opposite sniper.....Now i am a sniper my self. and have normally taken out infantry and 1 tank......what should i do if i encounter this.:cool:

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:45 PM
let him make the first move, don't give away your position until you're 100% sure you can make the shot

if possible, try to keep moving. if he can't really see you, it'll keep him guessing.

try to find some one-way cover if possible.

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I have done this alot, with bush sniping only not urban. The key is to go very slowly your movement is what always gives you away. If you have other people in the area and the oposite sniper has a shot they will take it use this as a homing becone to zero in on them. Attempt to come from behind as they will likly be laying down or kneeling this will give you adiquate time to shoot them before they get you. If there is any chance however go for the silent kill (Barrel tag or capture) and take his or her position where they were previously sitting or laying. Sniping is buy far my fav position and I have played it for years.......although I have never got a tank.....:confused:

xsvly-fat
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
:yeahthat: or you could just shoot him before he shoots you but that would be to easy

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:48 PM
I would emagin if you are in an urban invironment setup would be key, that and a lack of movement hopefuly beat them out with patience and let them come to you.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I play in every position (prone, kneeling, etc.) imaginable....last time i actually stood next to a tree as the opposite team walked past me and i took them out...i tend to stay away from buildings if i can

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:52 PM
ive done that before in a 1v1 game. my friend claimed that the yellow thermal lens kept him from seeing my nighttime desert jacket up against the tree...

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Thats why i love playing the sniper position it is so versatile and there is alot more to it then people think. Every game there is a different role the commander wants the snipers to do.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
yeah right..........yellow block out black.......favorite position that ive killed people from was i layed next to a log on my back and looked through a hole in the wood to see who was coming and with out any notice i sat up killed 4 and 5th and 6th guys just said we surrender

slim and shady
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I usually dont rack up a tone of kills a game 20-30 at best, I try to hold ou for high profile targets small groups or loaners. Lot's of times to you are restricted by your command to just lay athere as an observation post, I dont even mind doing that I really enjoy the sniper role thats why I get so ticked off when people say there is no such thing as a PB sniper.

SUNNYboi
04-24-2008, 02:48 PM
your gonna love this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soe-fbP17VY

lol

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with you shady
Sunny give me bout a hour to see it my computer is acting up with youtube

SUNNYboi
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
the guy pretty much compares a real sniper to a "PB sniper" and says theres no such thing. Uses good facts tho.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
oh ive seen vids like that but there is a lot of facts that can be made about snipers in paintball

slim and shady
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
My computer so hates you tube.

slim and shady
04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Well thats enough of that idea I think i could do without watching it thanks anyway.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah i agree

slim and shady
04-25-2008, 04:31 PM
There is alot of different opinions about what sniping is. I agree fully that sniping with a rifel, and sniping with a paintball gun are no where near the same. However that doesnt mean that sniping does not exist iin paintball it is just a different form of it. Lots of times you dont even get to shot anyone you just lay there as reconisence. It is a real versatile position and thats why I love to play it.......still gotta figure out how to snipe that tank though ;)

DFSniper
04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
:yeahthat:

theres sniping as a verb and sniping as a noun.

slim and shady
04-25-2008, 05:10 PM
theres sniping as a verb and sniping as a noun.

Well put DF

XSiv Force
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM

DFSniper
04-27-2008, 03:01 PM
5 years of "paintball sniper" arguments FTW! over the years, thats become my trump card.

SpyderMan723
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
I wish fields let snipers set their FPS higher so the ball would travel farther, kinda simulating the role of the sniper. Otherwise the ball is traveling just as far as anyone else. Naaa meean?

DFSniper
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
yeah. actually, yesterday, my hammer was set about 5-10 fps lower than my spyder (didnt have a spare screwdriver), and just plinking around, the hammer was outdistancing the spyder by maybe half the distance, using the same barrel and paint.

i dont know if its still like this, but i was reading an article on OK D-Day a few years back, and they said that the "snipers" don't even really shoot. they just point their targets out to a ref.

XSiv Force
04-27-2008, 04:15 PM
That would be too easy for me then

slim and shady
04-27-2008, 07:47 PM
yeah. actually, yesterday, my hammer was set about 5-10 fps lower than my spyder (didnt have a spare screwdriver), and just plinking around, the hammer was outdistancing the spyder by maybe half the distance, using the same barrel and paint.

i dont know if its still like this, but i was reading an article on OK D-Day a few years back, and they said that the "snipers" don't even really shoot. they just point their targets out to a ref.

:confused: WTF:confused:

That kinda kills the fun! there are lots of aids for shooting farther my personal fav is the Apex. I think of it this way.
-When you reach the balistic limits with a sniper rifle your accuraccy goes down, I hold this the same for paintball. When you reach PAINTBALLS ballistic limits your accuracy goes way down. So even though the apex lets you shoot farther you are givin the choice atempt the long less accurate shot with something like the apex or wait till the target comes closer so you can shoot them more accuratly without a "aid" like the apex. I understand with a real rifel you dont need an aid but we have already established they are 2 different worlds. And IMO again the "Long shot" is more with the rifle sniping not paintball. For paintball to me the perfect shot is 50-70ft and right in the middle of the back after they walked past you. But to be honest the most useful is the sighlent kill if you are willing to go into the thick bush and creep slowly you will be very suprised how many of these you actually get.

Another of the most valuable things for a sniper to is not shoting being able to just sit there and radio back to your command and let them know what is happening and whats moving in your area. Sometimes i never shot a ball all game because my command just wanted me to lay there and let them know what was heading around the shy side of the corse in attempt to flank our CP. Some people just wouldnt have the patience to do that or think it was a waist of there entry fee. Not me I understand that it comes with the role I "Choose" to play.

Lots of times to you are sent as defensive flankers just to hold the enemy back long enough to let your main force fall back to a better defensible position. You cant expect to get alot of kills all you expect is to distract them enough to put there heads down and then melt back into the bushes before you are seen.

Lots of the people who say snipers in paintball dont exist would change there mind i think if they went to one or two good orginized PB scenarios where rolls are actually givin out and the guys who choose to play "Sniper" have done so for years and know what there doing then i personaly belive those people when they seen what a PB snipers role is, not a rifle snipers role, would change there mind.

Just my .02 cents or .10 hell if you want I will give you the full buck!

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
speaking of roles explain something to me....ive always been either a commander or a sniper. I am going to scenario on the 24 of may where they have medics, grenaders, engineers, snipers, and commanders. Explain the engineer and grenader roles

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Engineers are there to throw up fake props like bridges ect. To an extended ability if you are in a scenario with helicorpers and one gets "taken down" the engineer can tow it back to base and fix it so you dont lose your prop. Basicaly the engineer creates and fixes props.

The grenader or most commenly referd to as the "demolitions expert" is the exact oposit they blow the props up with props of there own. The most common one givin to them is a C4 pouch that they carry around to blow stuff up.

Here is an example. There is a stream running through the corse so the creaters of the scenario instatute a rule "No armor can move across the stream unless its over a bridge." Now team Blue wants to move armor in vast amount to the North ridge and they need to cross the stream. they send in the engineer to build the bridge (Most rules state he must attampt to look busy for half hour before the bridge is compleate) Now they start to move there armor across the Red team sees this and knows what a dissadvantage it is so they attack the bridge and secure it long enough for a demo expert to place a C4 charge they then notify the reff and the bridge is caput and there all back where they started.

Get it?

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
some people also refure to grenaders as "Artillery" the ones who hunt the tanks, put down artillery berages with frag grenades ect.

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
ah, think ill stick to sniper........not my cup of tea....even tho i am an engineer

DFSniper
04-28-2008, 07:13 PM
word of advice: "stop thinking prague police and start thinking playstation. blow **** up!" vin diesel in triple x

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:14 PM
haha......id rather shoot the guy with the grenade as he is throwing it have it blow up on all of them........100 uber points if you find a vid of someone doing that

DFSniper
04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
lol. i just remembered that the local shop sells 4 packs of big boys... gonna have to use them next time i have to storm a fort!

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
If your in a large scenario I honestly belive the Sniper roll is the most fun because its never repetative you never know wht your command is going to think the best use of a "sniper" is. For me I ALWAYS play sniper, however with this new gun project I suppose I may have to use it once in a wial too!

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:27 PM
i played in a scenario in december when i went up to conneticut(cold as ____insert funny saying) and i shot this one guy......he walked away hands up.......he went back and checked in and decided i was his new target.....HE CAME BACK USING THE SAME TRAIL AS BEFORE......i shot him same spot as before.....he repeated this lik 5 time in a row and then finally scurtted around just outside my range and tried to flank me as i was watching him (hard to see someone laying down in snow as it was still snowing).....friend with a grenade launcher decided to take a shot at him from well behind me and hit him dead center with it....i could not stop laughing

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Crazy, im not sure if he thought he was rambo or what most people try teamwork to eliminate the oposition!

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:34 PM
i think he was a sniper.......terrible at that but still.....i spoke to him after words.....or atleast tried he got really upset when i came over to shake hands he said i was cheating by not letting him move out far enough

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Out of the dead box?

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
No in the staging area...after the game was over

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
oh ok, lots of people get a little pi**y if they get owned.
I was flanking a group one time, they already had a sniper on that side that was pickin our guys of constantly so i was told to netralise him (It wasnt a him it was a her and she was damn good!! I like to see that cuz my sister takes alot of heat for being a girl PB player)So I was slowly beating the bush listining to her shots using them a s a becon I came around thick shrub bush perfectly parallel to her I tried going for the silent kill but the ground was just to crunchy so I didnt feel comferitably I was only about 7 ft away. So i had a choice since I abandond the silent kill where would i shoot her? I thought im close, dont wanna shoot point blank yadda yadda. So I settled on the side of her head, least it dont hurt if you get it in the mask right? It scared her and bad, she called me every damn name in the book a few times! What could I say I was just playin the game. But it was a good flank and sniper execution.

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
yep i understand i have never gotten upset at someone that shot me.....i have an issue when they stick the barrel through a crack in a wall that is three inches from my head and pull the trigger....it missed thank you very much

slim and shady
04-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Our "Clear the building" games that we play to practice for our scenarios that require it are all like that. Most shots taken are under 10' usually around 5' or average i would say. But I love it it is so adrenelin filled its unreal its pitch black in there as the team that protects the building gets to rig it up. Most of the time doors are barricaded light bulbs are unscrewed and your only working with tac lights, that scream im right here shoot me! But its alot of fun and it sure gets your heart goin.

DFSniper
04-29-2008, 10:11 AM
i shot my best friend in the back with my hammer on saturday, just like you mentioned, through the wall. i knew it would hurt, but it was too good of an opportunity to miss. and i knew he'd forgive me anyway :D

XSiv Force
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
i dont have an issue if i get shot through a wall...i have an issue where the barrel is literrally right next to my face

slim and shady
04-29-2008, 04:09 PM
I dunno thats a very thin line to me its part of the game. You give you take the only time I would ever get worked up is like point blank shots to the back of the head if they had an option to shoot in the back, mask legs ect.

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 03:42 AM
I dunno thats a very thin line to me its part of the game. You give you take the only time I would ever get worked up is like point blank shots to the back of the head if they had an option to shoot in the back, mask legs ect.

or they could say surrender and not be a ****

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 07:30 AM

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 07:31 AM
We tried the surrender stuff at the start, everyone said they couldnt hear. Then if the people asked to load they were likly to be shot bu somone else. So the surender kinda went out the window. But its a good group of people so everything is usually in controle.

Im a little upset I just found out today they cancelled our scenario leage. htat sucks.

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
what do you mean

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 07:42 AM
We had a scenario leage, same as any paintball leage or club or whatever. But now it is no more. But im going to talk to the owner again and see if I can manage it to keep it going, the only problem is I have so much to do already i dont know if I have the time you know? It's really sad to see it go. At least we still have the large scenarios, dont know whos gonna makke the ideas for them now though? :confused:

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
What caused it to be caputs

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 11:07 AM
We had a scenario leage, same as any paintball leage or club or whatever. But now it is no more. But im going to talk to the owner again and see if I can manage it to keep it going, the only problem is I have so much to do already i dont know if I have the time you know? It's really sad to see it go. At least we still have the large scenarios, dont know whos gonna makke the ideas for them now though? :confused:

watch a random war movie,and POOF!:dodgy:

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 11:48 AM
:yeahthat: basicaly..im going to one near the talledega raceway on the 24th called we were soldiers

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
I would emagine that the corse owners will do it again and there staff. It is sad though. I like the war simulated ones the best personaly, especialy if they involve artillery strikes! Tanks! and no clear victor at the end of it all!

GR34
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I personally dont think your a sniper in paint ball, your are more or less a marksman, engaging targets with really accurate fire same as a sniper yes but snipers use extream range to engage targets. and Spec ops solders (SAS JTF2) go behind enemy lines and spot out enemy positions and then use there Marksmen to take out key targets (officers). just my 2 cents

XSiv Force
08-08-2008, 05:02 PM
explain the difference between marksman and sniper?

slim and shady
08-09-2008, 05:41 AM
I personally dont think your a sniper in paint ball, your are more or less a marksman, engaging targets with really accurate fire same as a sniper yes but snipers use extream range to engage targets. and Spec ops solders (SAS JTF2) go behind enemy lines and spot out enemy positions and then use there Marksmen to take out key targets (officers). just my 2 cents

think its best I ignor this one. :dodgy:

interceptorMR2
08-09-2008, 08:41 AM
okay slim, let me have this one hehe

okay first of all, you dont have to be at extreme distances to be a sniper. Snipers hit their enemies often from concealed cover. Heres a definition for ya. Nowhere does it say extreme distances.

1 A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
2 One who shoots at other people from a concealed place.

Snipers often use extreme distances to their advantage because it is safer for the sniper in most cases and the enemey doesn't have the slightest clue what hit them. Snipers shoot from concealed spots, even if you are an urban sniper hiding in a room shooting at a guy running down the street about 50 yards away, if you are concealed, you have him scoped out, and you take him out with a minimal amount of shots wasted, you can technically say you sniped him. Snipers are ambush artists first, extreme distance shooters second.

If some of you don't believe me, I looked it up in a REAL dictionary, not some dictionary website, look it up for yourself. It specifically says form a concealed position, extreme distances are only used as a safety procaution and you can pick off enemies without them knowing where the shots are from.

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 02:35 PM
I LOVE YOU GUYS :flirt: :D

interceptorMR2
08-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I couldn't resist it. :D

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Honestly marlsman is just a dressed up word for sniper

police_brutality
08-09-2008, 04:51 PM
but still your sniper will shoot roughly about the same fps has my cocker or ion

slim and shady
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
it better or you shouldnt be on the corse, im missing what your point is?
Of corse part of being a sniper is long shots. This is playing a "paintball" sniper, there are certin things that have to be adapted, and with the adition of barrels like the flatline and the apex you can shoot alot farther then a normal paintballgun at the same FPS anyway. I cant understand why people limit the role of a sniper to a long distance shot when it is so much more then that, sometimes snipers dont even shoot at all! :eek:

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 05:01 PM
doesnt matter how fast you shoot if you cant aim for beans :D you know what im talking about :D

Police you and i have had this conversation and we have even tested it out :D

police_brutality
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
yea we have, thats y i got my mech cocker

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Exactly but we need to test this one out......still doesnt matter if ya cant hit me standing still :D

slim and shady
08-09-2008, 05:42 PM
geez you two go at it more then me and my wife! :confused:

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 05:43 PM
you should see us when we ar in the same room :D

interceptorMR2
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
oh god. that would be another world war. Shoot, my underground bunker isnt ready yet.... would you consider waiting a few weeks before you guys enter the same room again? PLX? THANKS, it would definetly prepare me for the coming days.

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 06:15 PM
well you have until tomorrow
:D

interceptorMR2
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
jesus christ! (what?) get the escalade, we're outta here!

XSiv Force
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
:D ha