PDA

View Full Version : my imagine won't release the bolt???

carguy
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
i am brand new to this forum, but i have been on many other forums. i am a tippmann man myself, but i was given a broken imagine, and i want a spare for all my poor friends.

i have checked out the diagram, and it looks like the trigger sear is not enagaging hard enough to realease the bolt. the mircoswitch allows the coil set to enage. it clicks,i can feel the click with my finger, but it is really weak. it is a java battery, fully charged. i am not sure if the springs are upgraded and are too stiff?? there is not bulguing of the black thing, all the electrical wires are in good shape, and the solenoid engages everytime i pull the trigger, it is just too weak to release the bolt.

any ideas? thanks for the help

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
if you have any air in one of your bottles put it on to the gun and dry fire it

druid
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Sounds to me like the battery is not holding a full charge, the capacitor on the board needs replacement or the noid needs adjusting in it's cradle.

carguy
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
just did, it leaked air, and did not fire. i had to pull the sear with a screwdriver. then it sputter like the tank ws low, but the tank is full?????

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
i have checked out the diagram, and it looks like the trigger sear is not enagaging hard enough to realease the bolt. the mircoswitch allows the coil set to enage. it clicks,i can feel the click with my finger, but it is really weak. ...solenoid engages everytime i pull the trigger, it is just too weak to release the bolt.

hmm... sounds like a bad noid. even if you don't have air, it should still uncock.

druid
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Take the noid out of the marker and disconnect it from the board.
Pull the clapper off and find the copper disc between the clapper and the main section of the unit.
Take a polishing wheel or jeweler's rouge and clean the copper disc and the inside of the clapper/mainbody where the copper ring touches.
Put it back together with the noid as far forward in the pocket as you can get it and try it again.

M1key24
09-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Noob question but. What's the noid? Cuz I'm having the same problem gun won't shoot, won't recock itself idk.

bigred76
09-12-2009, 05:01 PM
The silver thing that clicks is the solenoid on a Spyder.

chl2onic
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM
wow it seems pretty well covered here. I have never had noid issues, aside from the fact that it wont fire with my heaviest spring.

Could you have used a stiffer spring that the noin just can't move the sear under the added pressure?

big_daddy_d
04-19-2010, 03:42 AM
with a fully charged batter the noid should release the sear regardless of what spring is in there... I may be wrong, im sure if I am someone will correct me ;)