PDA

View Full Version : Tank Hunting?

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I am board and would like some decent reading! I was thinking that with the perchase of my new EGL-47 launcher I may upgrade my secondary role to include tank hunting. Since i am willing to take up this new task I thought all you creative minds out there would like to fill me in on some of the best ways to do this. I know alot of you out there are into speedball and dont give a whoot about "Sniping, tactical scenario, tank hunting, ect" so please feel free to avoid this post and continue along your merry way. For the rest of you your ideas are welcome!

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Ive taken out one tank in my times ive played scenario, i got the driver through the eye slit

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL thats one way to do it! Usually th drivers are never hit they are behind vertually unbetable walls and the tank has to be taken out with either Grapeshot (3 of the balls have to break. However this way to kill a tank has bein dropped by most corses) hit it with a Nerf rocket, or hit a 2x2" square with grenader paint (Special paint only used by grenaders)! The corse I play at alows any launched grenade to kill a tank, so I figure why not. Now the fun starts give me all your tactics on tank ambush getting into position you name it i wanna here it!:D

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
well as with any ambush, you need to find a few things, path to which they will enter, escape route for them, paths for you to move easily if out gunned, escape route for you, if at all possible try to let the tank pass before you fire (blind side attack)

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:24 PM
well as with any ambush, you need to find a few things, path to which they will enter, escape route for them, paths for you to move easily if out gunned, escape route for you, if at all possible try to let the tank pass before you fire (blind side attack)

One problem i would have for the back attack is there is usually alot of people walking 20-25 feet behind the tank in a colum(they cant be any closer then 20') at the corse I usually play at. If there is a Tank or APC present the infantry uses them as the spearhead of the colum on an attack and fallows. There arent many grenaders if any sometimes, so armor is a huge advantage there and any team isnt worried about it being taken out. i want to change that! There are alot of great paths through thick woods to set an ambush for the tank where it wouldnt be able to turn around and retreate. So how would you set the ambush up?

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:26 PM
how many are with you?

Hossy
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
draw a overhead picture of what the course look slike and ill draw something up

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
We usually work in a group of 3, we play together ALL the time so we work extreamly well together and unless our commander orders us to work with another group or we find someone who fits in reall well we usually try to just play as a 3 man group. But on each team there can be as many as 200, the biggest turnout there that i have bein to was 400 ppl on 2 teams then a pump mofia. That was for the paratrooper battle.

Hossy the corse is huge I wouldnt be able to draw all the paths ect. does that matter? I wouldnt put detail either hell i dont even know if I could do it period my computer skills suck to say the least but i will try or check out there website and see if they have a pic on there.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Alright say there is 3, now you dont want eveyone to be taken out at once so split up into a triangle shape if possible. then have one person fire at the tank to distract it (one so if he gets taken out you swtill have another hiding), while the guy is distracting the tank load the launcher and hit it like if you wwere in the UFC.....If there is more surround it, post people where the tank first enters, the middle and where it is heading now you have it and anything else caught in a cross fire hurricane

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
http://www.younggunspaintball.com/content/subindex.php?id=35 Sorry hossy I tried to upload it to my computer then put it on this page and I couldnt get it to upload right but this link will take you right to an arial overhead. Keep in ming though they have added 2 new corses I havnt even seen yet and I have no Idea where they are going to be located.

XSiv- What about the onslaught of guys likly walking behind it? should one guy be attempting to keep them bussy? Where are you sugesting to attack, front rear sides? More details please!

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
The following guys coud be distracted if you are able to hide the one guy that i was talking about( not the tank distractor) so that the moment the infantry goes past him he can knock off a bunch just on a flanking manuever....now that all the infantry are running around like a chicken with its head cut off you and the other guy can focus on the tank then immediatly turn your attention to the infantry. just make sure the moment the tank is out of action turn and focus on the infantry the moment you fire they will know what goes on and more than likly hit the forest paths low

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Alright great anyother tips and advice?

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
ok, first, i'd suggest hit and run/ambush tactics so you don't have to deal with a lot of people. if the forward guard doesnt see you, the tank probably wont see you at first either. then, like xsiv said, make sure you split up. you can hit the tank from multiple sides.

but i think the most important tip is to know exactly where the kill zones on the tanks are at, because i know different fields/games have different rules.

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the imput DF, the corse rules are you hit the tank anywere with any rocket launched grenade or nerf rocket and it is out.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
KAMAKAZEE..............joking:dodgy:

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
They allow tanks on the feild to have unlimited fire power(Unlike most feilds that restrict armor to 11BPS semi auto only) So that idea would end in a painful way im thinkin.

:dodgy: Unless I flew a RC plane into it! :dodgy:

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
THAT IS IT I SHALL MAKE A POLICE STYLE RC TANK THAT WILL BLOW UP.....maybe like the tank buster from Once upon a time in mexico

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
^ Lol

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
you think im joking.......never mess with an engineer on this stuff....it shal be done

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
That still isnt going to help ME with anything unless your makin to give to me!

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 04:34 PM
You know what i will and then i will ride it to you.......oh yes....oh yes

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 06:54 PM
i have the best idea for a tank ever, and i think one of you two may actually be up to the challenge!

get a gun with eyes and full auto. then, get a warp feed. then, take a giant bottle of culligan water, and cut the bottom out. then, turn it upside down and mount it to the warp feed. you could hold about 8,000 paintballs in it, and would be the perfect coax mg for a tank!

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:16 PM
i have the best idea for a tank ever, and i think one of you two may actually be up to the challenge!

get a gun with eyes and full auto. then, get a warp feed. then, take a giant bottle of culligan water, and cut the bottom out. then, turn it upside down and mount it to the warp feed. you could hold about 8,000 paintballs in it, and would be the perfect coax mg for a tank!

LOL thats why i love you guys just when i was thinkin I was the craziest one out there you save the day and make me seem compleatly sane DF!

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Hey shadey i was thinking of another tank killing strat. Im going to call it the Faux Strong side
Place about 80%-90% of your group onto one side of the path
place the other 10%-20% on the opposite side
Once the tank gets along side of the group have the larger group open fire on the tank and infantry
then when the tank and infantry are distracted on that side and hiding behind the tank have the tank killer kill the tank and the others open fire on the infantry

Im going to a scenario on the 24 of may i will let you know how this works

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
hmm, have you ever played conflict: desert storm? one of the tank killing tactics my friend and i used to use would be to stick detonators onto the side/rear of the tank. you could do the same thing, but with a paint mine and a pull string.

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey shadey i was thinking of another tank killing strat. Im going to call it the Faux Strong side
Place about 80%-90% of your group onto one side of the path
place the other 10%-20% on the opposite side
Once the tank gets along side of the group have the larger group open fire on the tank and infantry
then when the tank and infantry are distracted on that side and hiding behind the tank have the tank killer kill the tank and the others open fire on the infantry

Im going to a scenario on the 24 of may i will let you know how this works

Sounds like a good idea I will let you be the guinnie pig and let you tell me how it works out! If i dont here from you i will assume it was a bad idea and try it myself ;)

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
How would i get it to stick?

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
wooops forgot I cant unless the mine can be threw on target from at least 20 feet away or I would be sent to the dead box for being in the tank safty zone.

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:30 PM
ah... ok, scratch that idea. wouldnt want to get run over...

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
should just make an anti-tank landmine! :D

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
instead of a land mine why not make it a tree limb mine........take string tye one end off to one side of the road then run the string to another tree or bush then up to a overhanging limb then tie a big boy grenade or another burst ready greande to it.....once the tank runs over the line the grenade drops onto the top

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:37 PM
hey MR engineer designe me an anti-tank mine please! that works kill radius of 30 feet would be nice to, wait 50 then it will get the infantry at the same time! :D

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Thats....ummmm....that have of my name there

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
instead of a land mine why not make it a tree limb mine........take string tye one end off to one side of the road then run the string to another tree or bush then up to a overhanging limb then tie a big boy grenade or another burst ready greande to it.....once the tank runs over the line the grenade drops onto the top

You would have to tie it pretty darn high in order to get enough force when it fell to work. Good concept though.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Not necessarily that why i said like that over stuffed tippmann or something similar....you could actuall take a condom fill it with paint and it would do the same

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.sakworldpaintball.com/mamipami.html

i've always wanted one...or ten!

edit: or http://www.anythingxtreme.com/P-D-2x-Mini-Claymore-Paint-Mines-P5915C1503.aspx?AFID=1

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:55 PM
TOO expensive

DFSniper
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
but its refillable, and 36 oz refills are only like $4.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
True, but i like to come up with funny ways of killing them

I went to one not too long ago and found a small rocket with out the wings on the back so i wanted to see if it would fit into my barrel and shoot ok......well it did but i didnt see any tank that day

slim and shady
04-25-2008, 05:19 PM
http://www.sakworldpaintball.com/mamipami.html

i've always wanted one...or ten!

edit: or http://www.anythingxtreme.com/P-D-2x-Mini-Claymore-Paint-Mines-P5915C1503.aspx?AFID=1

I actually use on of these on a regular basis when I snipe I will set it over the trail im watching if a group comes along I will leave the string low on the ground (I pull it by hand instead of tying it off.) until the group is half buy it then I pull the string and trip it. They work really good and have a huge spray radius. It usually will take the group out, I also will take the oprotunity to take a shot in all the confusion and rarly is anyone paying enough attention by that point to have half a clue as te where it came from.

Im not sure it would be the answear against a tank though im not sure in the ref would be able to tell it went off unless he was on that side and seen it. Over the noise of the tank you surly wouldnt hear it.

I use the other pressure activated mastermine as well with smoke simulation powder and burst tubes those are great for a laugh to. When you step on something and pops like your air cylenders releif valve just broke people tend to jump!

DFSniper
04-26-2008, 04:28 AM
I actually use on of these on a regular basis when I snipe I will set it over the trail im watching if a group comes along I will leave the string low on the ground (I pull it by hand instead of tying it off.) until the group is half buy it then I pull the string and trip it. They work really good and have a huge spray radius. It usually will take the group out, I also will take the oprotunity to take a shot in all the confusion and rarly is anyone paying enough attention by that point to have half a clue as te where it came from.

Im not sure it would be the answear against a tank though im not sure in the ref would be able to tell it went off unless he was on that side and seen it. Over the noise of the tank you surly wouldnt hear it.

do what you just said, and take a shot at the tank in the confusion!