PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know..

ikon
04-22-2008, 04:43 PM
The average time it would take to receive a tracking key from Action Village? I placed an order yesterday at 1 PM EST, and they're FAQ says any order placed before 3 PM CST will be shipped the same day and will receive a tracking key the following morning.

Right now it's the day after and it's 9 PM and still didn't get a tracking key.. Anyone else experience this?

Also when the status is "Processing" does that mean it has been shipped, it's just I do not have a tracking key yet? Their FAQ wasn't clear about that.

Edit: Yeah it's been processing for 2 days, so I sure do hope it has been shipped already.

Edit 2: I called in and they gave me the tracking code, which was invalid.. =P

HelpDeskHustler
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
the tracking code they gave you is the order number. Processing mean's it hasn't shipped yet. It's likely something you ordered wasn't in stock.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I think it took 1.5 days

ikon
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
the tracking code they gave you is the order number. Processing mean's it hasn't shipped yet. It's likely something you ordered wasn't in stock.

The reference order number is not the tracking code. According to the FAQ they say it is emailed too you.

Also, everything was in stock, nothing had a stock alert.

This is frusturating.

ikon
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
When I called earlier this morning they also said "Your order can be shipped already while processing, it's just we don't have your tracking code."

I called about 10 minutes ago, they gave me a tracking code, and it was invalid.

Confusing ;P

irishwarrior
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Don't be impatient. I know what it's like to obsess over a new package (I do it every time), but action village is known to be inconsistent. I got my gun in about a week, other get their stuff in 3 weeks. Just give it time, it'll come sooner or later.

ikon
04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Don't be impatient. I know what it's like to obsess over a new package (I do it every time), but action village is known to be inconsistent. I got my gun in about a week, other get their stuff in 3 weeks. Just give it time, it'll come sooner or later.

Especially when it's my first gun.

But out of the 100+ times I retyped the track code Bob gave me on the phone it works now, so now I can calmdown and stop being a worry wort.

Comes the 24th!

irishwarrior
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
huh. Maybe you typed it wrong the first 99 times?

HelpDeskHustler
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
huh. Maybe you typed it wrong the first 99 times?

Nah, it sounds to me like he's got a case of internet paranoia and that he was typing it as UPS was scanning it. You know, some impatience mixed with a sense that everyone on the internet is out to get you.

Just calm down, be fonzie, be cool. Things take time.