PDA

View Full Version : What Markers used for Tournaments...?

Cmudge26
04-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Can you use Spyder RSX for tournaments??

Also... what are known markers that YOU use in tournaments or others have used in tournaments??

xsvly-fat
04-22-2008, 12:29 PM
well you can use any marker in a tournament. what tournament level are you planing on playing in?

LostCause
04-22-2008, 12:34 PM
ive seen pumps to SL8R's so really anything. heck saw somebody use two markers in a pro game before lol.

Ace24
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
We use pumps... haha.

bigred76
04-22-2008, 01:00 PM
And you lose, Ted. ;) Us 1337 ball3rs use Borgs. ;)

Cmudge26
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
what type of style are in tournaments? im a newbie at Tournaments but not at wood ball... i wanna try to get into Tourney style but i dont wanna go in getting my butt kicked... right now im playing with Spyder RSX Halo B v35 w/ rip drive....?

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Well are you on a team? if so is it a college? or is it a local field team?

irishwarrior
04-22-2008, 01:42 PM
There Are College Teams!?!?!?!

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes im on one

king-man
04-22-2008, 01:54 PM
you play for auburn? do thy not recognize it as a collegiete sport, cuz i would at least think they would at least help you pay for a gun
back to the suject, you can use a rsx in a tourney, but make sure you play beginner, if you've never played in a tourney dont make the mistake in thinking you can play open

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
No as of right now we are not funded by the unuversuty, but we are sanctioned as a team of the school.
Back on subject, basically it is up to the team as what gun it is you can use. With my auburn team the captains want only ramp able markers and Nitro to be used at tourneys AND at prcatice. If it was up to me id still play with my mech.

vikingshadow
04-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I've played with everything from a Spyder to a Shocker, from T1's to Timmys and everything in between in tournaments. I loved my Spyders, but I loved playing tournaments with my Shocker much more! My next tournament is going to be played with Rail, and I'm sure it'll be equally enjoyable...

Eventually, I want to play in a tournament with my Phantom. THAT will be fun!

king-man
04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
i kinda agree with your teammates on that XSiv, do you all win alot?
anyways, ive seen any gun you cna think of in tourneys, but what pissed me off this one time, i was playing begginner and these guys with sl74's(?) were playing against us, they wooped everyone except these other guys who had ions, as much as i hate ions i loved to see them beat them

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
i kinda agree with your teammates on that XSiv, do you all win alot?
anyways, ive seen any gun you cna think of in tourneys, but what pissed me off this one time, i was playing begginner and these guys with sl74's(?) were playing against us, they wooped everyone except these other guys who had ions, as much as i hate ions i loved to see them beat them

Well it wasnt a vote or anything it was the co-captains that decided this with out consulting anyone.....Yes we are pretty good two weeks ago i think it was a tourney in monroe, Ga we placed second in the pro divison.
On topic depending on what league your in different rules can apply but i think its up to the team. My other team doesnt really care as long as you can run nitro and know what to do on the field

LostCause
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Piolt ACS FTW! lol. when it gets to ramping i get owned.....cant hit a steady stream of 13bps......though we have two trigger happy ion guys...one a back guy.....I swear he enjoys it to much....hes going to be a good Marine lol

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Ha

fatkidfrompbaz
04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
any marker thats under requirements in any league for example PSP 13.?? bps max, semi auto