PDA

View Full Version : my escapade to the shop yesterday

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 07:20 AM
ok, instead of creating numerous posts, i'm just going to make one huge one:

1) the guy that runs the local shop called up his dealer and said he could get me a full freak kit for MAP, which is $139.99. good deal, or should i stick with an empire/J&J kit? eventually i'll get kits for both my guns, so if i got the freak, i would just have to get a new back and front, and i'd be set. it would be about $220 for 2 fronts, 2 backs, and 1 set of inserts.

2) he said that if you put vasoline on your spyder valve o-rings, it'll create a tighter seal, anyone else know about this?

3) he also said that theres a new DP gun thats smaller than a mini.

SpyderMan723
04-22-2008, 07:43 AM
2) he said that if you put vasoline on your spyder valve o-rings, it'll create a tighter seal, anyone else know about this?

3) he also said that theres a new DP gun thats smaller than a mini.

2)yes vasoline is a good

3)its called the G3

Critical
04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Vaseline is a petroleum product, which, over time will eat your o-rings. Use Dow 55 on the valve, it swells the o-rings to give you a good tight seal, but will not eat them like Vaseline will.

SpyderMan723
04-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Vaseline is a petroleum product, which, over time will eat your o-rings. Use Dow 55 on the valve, it swells the o-rings to give you a good tight seal, but will not eat them like Vaseline will.

yea thats what I was talking about... :dodgy: its good if you want your o-rings to disappear..

DRAGON
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Lookie what I just got yesterday for a uber Drago special price -

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/edgekit.jpg

5 backs, 3 fronts and a soft carry case. Freaks are really overated. Dunno about the Empire kit but this J&J kit is the shiz. Not much on the kit thing in general but someone made me an offer on a BNIB kit for a great price. You can find this Elite kit for under $100. Look around - ;)

Wouldn't use 'V' or Dow55 on the valve. They're too sticky and you don't want to swell the o-rings. All that'll do is hinder performance. Use regular Gold Cup unless it's the balance. Use 100% silicone RC car shock lube on the balance -

If you wanna see a small marker, wait till you see and hold the new Electra and Pilot. That is unless you must have something not Spyderish -

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 05:17 PM
thanks drago, i forgot about the 3 tip kit, and thats a steal! i'm planning on working my butt of to make some serious pb money this summer so i can get a gun thats non-spyder (possibly timmy or pmr) and if i were to get a freak, all i would need is a new back.

do you have one of the new spyders yet? i'm interested to see if my measurements were correct.

DRAGON
04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
With the Edge, you can buy the backs seperately pretty cheap and you don't need to worry about cumbersome inserts that dent - ;)

I just have an RSX for now and <3 it. Not sure I'm ready for the others right now but will prolly get an Electra of my own when I can spare the cash. Electra and the Pilot will both MAP under $200. They are both the direction Spyder's are headed in the future. Compact & lethal lol -