PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to Elec.

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
My team is now requiring everyone to have an elec. gun with nitro in order to practice and play in tourneys.:( I currently have a TL-R which i love and do not want to sell it. I borrow a Nitro tank from a friend but i need to get elec. trigger. I would like it to be as cheap ($$$$ wise) as possible.
Question #1: What trigger should i get for it?

Question #2: What other upgrades will i need to purchase?

Question #3: Would it be cheaper just to buy an elec. gun? If so, what is the best gun for the lowest amount?

Critical
04-21-2008, 10:32 AM
You can find electro frames here for very cheap, maybe $30-40 or so.

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I know that, i want to find out which i should get

VS3 Sniper
04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
If ur gonna go electro I wouldn't sugest upgrading ur spyder.

If u do want to upgrade ur spyder I would highly sugest installing eyes.

If u just wanna buy a different gun. I would sugest an ion (i've seen them bnib for less than 100 bucks or used for less)

tumtum00
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
If ur gonna go electro I wouldn't sugest upgrading ur spyder.

If u do want to upgrade ur spyder I would highly sugest installing eyes.

If u just wanna buy a different gun. I would sugest an ion (i've seen them bnib for less than 100 bucks or used for less)

right on, you will need alot of upgrades to your gun to make it good with electronic trigger, either acs bolt or eyes (eyes preferably). I have an ion myself and it is great if you can get one for around 100-150 do it, it will shoot around 14 bps stock, and add a qev and you can go to 17 (which is the max the board will allow you to go). and i got around 1100 shots from a 72/3000 tank. You can also get a thread adapter so you can still use your spyder threaded barrels with it. That is the road i would go, well that is the road i went, and it definitely stepped up my game.

xsvly-fat
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
how much money are you willing to spend on a marker? if its about $200 then i say get an electric but if its less then just upgrade your gun

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Thats why im asking, i dont know yet

bigred76
04-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd buy a whole new marker, like an Ion, Promaster, PMR, Alias, etc etc etc... the list goes on and on, but my point is this: if you buy a new gun like those, it will have eyes, and be tournament spec already. If you try upgrading your TL-R, it'll cost you about $100, more if you want a regulator and spring kit to get some actual performance out of your gun. The guns I listed already should come with all of those already, and will sell easier than a Spyder should you decide it isn't for you. If you go and mod your Spyder, you wont want to stop, and after you realize that eventually you want an electro, you'll be hitting your head on the desk when you find that you put $300 into a $150 gun instead of just buying an electro off the bat.

TheDarkShadow
04-21-2008, 12:40 PM
:yeahthat: get an ION or a promaster

SpyderMan723
04-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd buy a whole new marker, like an Ion, Promaster, PMR, Alias, etc etc etc... the list goes on and on, but my point is this: if you buy a new gun like those, it will have eyes, and be tournament spec already. If you try upgrading your TL-R, it'll cost you about $100, more if you want a regulator and spring kit to get some actual performance out of your gun. The guns I listed already should come with all of those already, and will sell easier than a Spyder should you decide it isn't for you. If you go and mod your Spyder, you wont want to stop, and after you realize that eventually you want an electro, you'll be hitting your head on the desk when you find that you put $300 into a $150 gun instead of just buying an electro off the bat.

<3 exactly why im selling my spyder <3

SupaSnipa
04-21-2008, 01:24 PM
My rise into speedball started when I got my VS2, I loved it. I would suggest a VS2 since the RS and RSX's are out you could probly find one fairly cheap on ebay.

DFSniper
04-21-2008, 01:55 PM
i'd get a pmr or used alias timmy

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Alright it needs to be able to ramp will any of these do
Vibe
Promaster
Unless you guys can find any other sub $200 markers

Hossy
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
stock ions go for sub $100
upped ones go for not much more.
get an ion.
/thread

xsvly-fat
04-21-2008, 03:45 PM
the vibe has semi, 3 round burst, and full auto. i believe the promaster only has semi. check pbnation alot of times they have pmrs for around $200

xsvly-fat
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM
stock ions go for sub $100
upped ones go for not much more.
get an ion.
/thread

true, and if you do get an ion you can always upgrade the board if you have to have ramping

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah im considering it, i want a gun that can also be usedin scenarios....the ion has a tactical body that has dual picatiny rails

Hossy
04-21-2008, 04:18 PM
or if you dont want to waste money, you can keep the stock body on it. Its black, so its not like its pink and everyone can see it.

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
No a friend has one laying around after he sold off his ion so im not spending anything on that one

king-man
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
whats wrong with spyders, he could get a newer spyder like a pilot w/eyes, 150 out of the box and itll rip, plus idk how good you are with guns but if you dont want alot of maintence or if you dont want to have the chance to easeily hurt your gun a spyder would be the best because they're what i call noob-proof, next to tippmanns

Hossy
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
whats wrong with spyders, he could get a newer spyder like a pilot w/eyes, 150 out of the box and itll rip, plus idk how good you are with guns but if you dont want alot of maintence or if you dont want to have the chance to easeily hurt your gun a spyder would be the best because they're what i call noob-proof, next to tippmanns

but were already talking about saving 50 bucks right from that, and for a more higher end gun.
maintenance can be learned and isnt always that big of a deal

XSiv Force
04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I have not heard anyone say anything bout the VS series, Can the VS1 ramp?

tumtum00
04-22-2008, 03:27 AM
true, and if you do get an ion you can always upgrade the board if you have to have ramping

why upgrade the board a stock ion board will do 17bps max in ramping mode, and more than the max at any field, get a stock ion put a qev on it for like 20 bucks, and you will be happy, it will out shoot any spyder, and maintenance on a ion is nothing, take it apart put some dow on the bolt put it back in only one moving part in an ion.

deano 177
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
why upgrade the board a stock ion board will do 17bps max in ramping mode, and more than the max at any field, get a stock ion put a qev on it for like 20 bucks, and you will be happy, it will out shoot any spyder, and maintenance on a ion is nothing, take it apart put some dow on the bolt put it back in only one moving part in an ion.
You know, Just having a marker that can shoot that much faster doesn't really mean alot. I play with the vs3, which is pretty much stock except for the barrel. I play with at least two guys with ions and a guy with a mini at least twice a month. I got the guy with the mini out 6 games in a row. No lie. I don't think that he is a sucky player, either. The guys with the ions have maybe each took me out a total of 4 times on any given day. And that is probably because my fat arse was hanging out from behind cover!:D But in all seriousness... guns don't make the player- players make the gun and for you to thow some of that type of blatent BS around makes me think that you are here just to throw stones. Save your stones... throw and ion.

SpyderMan723
04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Save your stones... throw and ion.

:D :D :D :D hahahahaha

:up:

tumtum00
04-22-2008, 10:29 AM
You know, Just having a marker that can shoot that much faster doesn't really mean alot. I play with the vs3, which is pretty much stock except for the barrel. I play with at least two guys with ions and a guy with a mini at least twice a month. I got the guy with the mini out 6 games in a row. No lie. I don't think that he is a sucky player, either. The guys with the ions have maybe each took me out a total of 4 times on any given day. And that is probably because my fat arse was hanging out from behind cover!:D But in all seriousness... guns don't make the player- players make the gun and for you to thow some of that type of blatent BS around makes me think that you are here just to throw stones. Save your stones... throw and ion.

ok get a vs3, rocking trigger that you can't use when you play tournaments, blowback gun, that will have twice as much recoil stock. And i don't care about guns i will play with a mechanical gun and destroy most of the competition, this guy is looking for a good cheap gun. I posted my opinion you posted yours, but don't bash someone's opinion cause you got some guys out that suck, and they have ions or minis, if you are a good player you can use a mech. gun and still do good, but a fast gun does make you last longer, which is better 5bps or 15bps do i need to help you with that too. Oh yea i guess my rich buddy that sucks at paintball and has an angel, that is a crappy gun too. cause i beat him with my ion. No he sucks i could beat him with a pump. So don't down guns until you try them.

deano 177
04-22-2008, 10:44 AM
ok get a vs3, rocking trigger that you can't use when you play tournaments, blowback gun, that will have twice as much recoil stock. And i don't care about guns i will play with a mechanical gun and destroy most of the competition, this guy is looking for a good cheap gun. I posted my opinion you posted yours, but don't bash someone's opinion cause you got some guys out that suck, and they have ions or minis, if you are a good player you can use a mech. gun and still do good, but a fast gun does make you last longer, which is better 5bps or 15bps do i need to help you with that too. Oh yea i guess my rich buddy that sucks at paintball and has an angel, that is a crappy gun too. cause i beat him with my ion. No he sucks i could beat him with a pump. So don't down guns until you try them. I'm not trying to pick a fight or bash any type of markers. And you basically said exactly what I did as far as skill. As far as the vs3... I use the vs2 trigger for reasons that you mentioned. You are right that ions are cheap right now and they are pretty good markers. I was just joking about the rock thowing deal(stole that from vs2 king, Thanks!). I have tried Ions and they work pretty good most of the time. which is better 5bps or 15bps do i need to help you with that too. Don't get sassy. I was merely pointing out that most people can fire 12-15 bps without the help of a board.

SpyderMan723
04-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Battle Royale....
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/glen.jpg

bigred76
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
a spyder would be the best because they're what i call noob-proof, next to tippmanns

I wouldn't say that. Pull the pin on the back of the gun and the internals are all over the field behind the gun.... ;)

Ion. Especially if you can pick up that free body. It'll be consistent, fast, and light. Ions used are $100, so snag one up off PBN or post a WTB here or at IonOwners for one. If you can, also pick up an Ion QEV. Makes the gun a little more responsive and snappier, and increases efficiency for the small cost of about $10.

On to the side argument..... GTFO of the thread and take it to PM's. You both know better than this. For shame! :nunu:

xsvly-fat
04-22-2008, 11:33 AM

he said that he needed a gun that could ramp and stock ions cant ramp so he would have to upgrade the board

bigred76
04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm, you're right XSVLY... I thought for sure it had ramping, but when I checked the manual, it says this:

FIRING MODES
The Ion features four distinct firing modes which can all be selected by increasing (double blink yellow) or decreasing (double blink red) the firing mode setting. Mode 0 is Semi-Automatic and fires one shot per
trigger pull. Mode 1 is Rebound and fires more than one shot per trigger pull when the trigger is pulled at a constant, rapid pace. Mode 2 is 3-Shot Burst which fires up to three consecutive shots when the trigger
is pulled and held. If the trigger is released before the 3 shots have been fired, the marker will stop firing. Mode 3 is Full-Automatic, which will fire repeatedly while the trigger is held back. The maximum rates of
fire that can be achieved in semi-automatic and Rebound modes will depend on the marker’s Dwell and Rate of Fire Delay settings. Both 3-shot burst and full-automatic fire at a rate of 10 shots per second.
Ions manufactured for the United Kingdom can be identified by a green (instead of red) power button LED and do not include 3-shot burst or full auto modes.

That means that it isn't truely a PSP Burst mode, it's just a 3-shot burst. Rebound isn't a legal ramping mode, either. You would have to get an aftermarket board for the Ion if you needed a gun for modified PSP rules.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah Dont start this crap here pm each other

king-man
04-22-2008, 01:02 PM
also, im pretty sure a stock rsx can out run a stock ion, but dont start a fire, geez this thread will get closed, then start another one based on the argument then get closed and youll eventually have 2 banned members

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Im thinking either
VS1
VS2
Ion
as of right now, but i need to raise up the money inorder to get one. Im not the only one on the team that this effects. And it was not a team vote or anything, the co-captains just randomly came up with this one day. Last i checked 8 of 15 of us need to get a plain out new gun.

TheDarkShadow
04-22-2008, 01:11 PM
ION imo

king-man
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
at one time i saw a package deal it was a vs3 with a vs2 trigger frame and a tadao board for like $180, cant rember where i saw it though

bigred76
04-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm still sticking by the Ion, or a Promaster, in that price range.

I find that ridiculous that now they're requiring it without a team vote, but I agree with them at the same time. In the long run it will be for the bettering of the entire team. You can only go so far with a mechanical gun and CO2. If you must still use a Spyder, at least go with the new Electra or VS2 that run LP stock.

king-man
04-22-2008, 01:37 PM

I find that ridiculous that now they're requiring it without a team vote, but I agree with them at the same time. In the long run it will be for the bettering of the entire team. You can only go so far with a mechanical gun and CO2. If you must still use a Spyder, at least go with the new Electra or VS2 that run LP stock.

i wouldnt say vs2 just because the regs are junk, or at least they seem, the one on the rsx i have had no problems out of wheras the vs2reg i did, the electra has the same reg with asa threads so it would be your best bet

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 01:58 PM

I agree to with the having to use nitro....that doesnt matter to me. Its just that i just dont see what the issue that they have with mechs or pump

irishwarrior
04-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Maybe they want people to be more versatile, and have the extra firepower if needed?

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 02:16 PM
maybe
The promaster is on my list hows about the bushmaster? does that ramp?

bigred76
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Bushy? Eck! Might as well get an Imp! Blech!

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Alright so so far we have come up with these
Vibe
Ion
Promaster
....cant remember what else...
If you guys can give me a scale on the ones i posted out of 5

SUNNYboi
04-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I got a trinity pro SF autococker for a really cheap price on ebay.
Firing Modes:
Semi-auto (18bps)
B ramp (18bps)
TA ramp (15bps)
Full auto (15bps)

Can run CO2 or HPA, comes with a 4 piece barrel kit, and has eyes. I would just really recommend upgrading the feedneck. My hopper was swinging around this weekend (good thing I was just trying it out).

Then you have the accuracy of a closed bolt gun also and the simplicity of cleaning it :)

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Could you PM me with the price

SUNNYboi
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
PM sent

deano 177
04-22-2008, 04:59 PM
On to the side argument..... GTFO of the thread and take it to PM's. You both know better than this. For shame! :nunu:

Yeah Dont start this crap here pm each other

dont start a fire, geez this thread will get closed, then start another one based on the argument then get closed and youll eventually have 2 banned members

I'll just say you guys are right and leave it at that.

at one time i saw a package deal it was a vs3 with a vs2 trigger frame and a tadao board for like $180, cant rember where i saw it though
It was probably on Actionvillage.com. That's where I got mine. It came with the vs2's trigger. You can get a virtue board and the vs2 for almost $200.

Critical
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Being a closed bolt has little to do with accuracy, as far as cleaning, any of the spool valves (DM, PM, SP, etc.) will be just as easy, if not easier since they have one moving part and few o-rings.

king-man
04-22-2008, 05:59 PM
vibe :down:
ion :up:
promaster :up:

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Whats wrong with the vibe

tumtum00
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
why are you all saying that the ion doesn't have ramping mode, it is called rebound in the manual, and as long as you can shoot 5 bps it will shoot 17 with stock board, ramping, rebound mode who cares what it is called it does the same thing.

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
"rebound" mode isnt legal in a pxp-rules tournament, only "pxp ramping" is...

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
is it leagal for NCPA, GFOA, CFOA

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
cfoa uses pxp rules, not sure about the rest.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
is a promaster ramp legal in that league......Speaking of leagues...This thursday at 8 p.m. Central time on ESPN Classic they are showing the tourney that we played in a week ago......

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Diablo AR-1
Diablo Slayer
Diablo Wrath
RPM Odyssey
......tell me bout them

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 05:14 AM
I don't know if you have ever used pbreview.com, but you can get some real reviews, and reviews from people that aren't hardcore spyder. good luck with it.

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 05:19 AM
is a promaster ramp legal in that league......Speaking of leagues...This thursday at 8 p.m. Central time on ESPN Classic they are showing the tourney that we played in a week ago......

are you sure of this, i can't find that listing for thursday at anytime of the day, I would like to watch but I can't find it on espn classic.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes im even a member of pbreview
The PR people from ESPN emailed some of us and said it will be on in place of what ever is normally scheduled for that time. it was supposed to be on last night but they moved it

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 07:58 AM
Yes im even a member of pbreview
The PR people from ESPN emailed some of us and said it will be on in place of what ever is normally scheduled for that time. it was supposed to be on last night but they moved it

cool man i will check it out.

bigred76
04-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Hmm, 8:00 CST? That means 6:00 PST.... ****, I can't watch it. Someone want to tape it for me? ;) It's channel 407 on Comcast...

As far as rules, you might want to read over them TumTum.

PSP (from the general rule book):
7.3.6. A marker may fire at a maximum rate of 13.33 balls per second.55
7.3.6.1. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one
paintball within 65 milliseconds will receive a gross penalty.
7.3.6.2. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one
paintball within 70 milliseconds will be assessed a major penalty.
7.3.6.3. A player on the field of play during a game whose marker shoots more than one
paintball within 75 milliseconds56 will be assessed a minor penalty.
7.3.7. A marker may fire no more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, and no
more than three shots between presses of the trigger.57 A player who carries a marker onto
the field of play that fires more than three shots per press and release of the trigger, or more
than three shots between two presses of the trigger, will receive a gross penalty and a minor
suspension.
7.3.8. A marker that has not been fired within the previous second may fire no more than one shot
per press and release of the trigger until after the marker has been fired three times.58 A
player who caries a marker onto the field of play that will fire more than one shot per press
and release of the trigger before the marker is fired at least three times after not having been
fired for at least one second will receive a gross penalty and a minor suspension.

55 The rate will be measured by the shortest time between two shots. Players whose markers have no electronic components and
fire no more than one shot per press and release of the trigger will not be penalized.
56 A measurement of 75.0 milliseconds or higher is acceptable. A measurement of 74.9 milliseconds or lower will be penalized.
57 Shots may not be buffered past trigger pulls – if you pull the trigger, the marker fires, and you pull the trigger again, the marker
may only fire three more times, not five.
58 If the trigger is pulled one, two or three times, the marker may fire no more than the number of times the trigger is pulled. The
marker may fire up to three balls per pull after that. If the marker

CFOA (from the 5-man rulebook):
4.24. Full autos are not allowed.
4.25. Due to the number of different ways that markers can be made to be illegal and the safety issues these illegal guns create, the CFOA will move to a capped rate of fire. All markers are subject to inspection prior to each game at all CFOA events at all CFOA Tournaments. A marker will be deemed legal once it passes the following criteria:
a) TEST 1 - Mechanical Bounce - Markers will be tested for mechanical bounce by a bumping or jarring of the marker. Markers will be bumped on the tank or hopper. No contact will be made with the trigger. The marker will be deemed to have mechanical bounce if the marker fires more than once during the bump test.
b) TEST 2 - Electronic Bounce - Markers will be tested for electronic bounce by shooting the marker. The marker trigger will be firmly pulled 3 consecutive times. During these 3 pulls, the marker may only fire 3 shots. Any marker that produces more than 3 shots on the 3 pulls will be
deemed to have electronic bounce.
c) TEST 3 - Rate of Fire Cap – 13.3 balls per second (.075 milli-seconds) will be the legal allowed limit in the CFOA. All markers will be shot over a Pact MKIV Ballistic Timer. Any marker that exceeds the Rate of Fire cap will be deemed illegal and will not be allowed on the field.
d) TEST 4 - “Runaway Guns” - All markers will be checked for “runaway” triggers. The marker will be fired rapidly. The testing judge, while rapidly firing the marker will suddenly cease to pull the trigger. Any marker that continues to fire while the trigger is NOT being pulled will be deemed to be a “Runaway Gun” and will not be allowed on the field.
e) TEST 5 - Marker Chronographing - All markers will be chronographed prior to going onto the field. The maximum muzzle velocity allowed will be 300 feet per second. Markers will be tested by firing over RADARCHRON paintball chronographs.
f) For those that can’t read between the lines – the CFOA does allow PSP style ramping. Marker rate of fire is capped at .075 milli-seconds between shots or 13.3 balls per second.

For those too lazy to read, you can use any mode up to 3rd burst, BUT IT CANNOT EXCEED 13.33 BPS AT ANY TIME. The Ion has a 17bps cap that can be adjusted, but is a ***** to do so as you have to count how much time the dwell is then add to it with the shot delay (not an actual ROF setting!) until the math works out to under 13.33 bps (best to be safe!). Read about it in the Ion manual if you really want to know.

Diablo AR-1
Diablo Slayer
Diablo Wrath
All the same thing with different looks and features, and they're all FASOR's like T1's.

RPM Odyssey
Honestly, no clue. Bottomline reg, apparent FASOR operation. Can't tell ya much more about it.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Thank you for that....lot of reading but that should help me....as of right now i think im going with a diablo or an ion
Hey im a little curious as to how they do the tests....do they actually hit each gun to test them? Do they do this for ALL the guns or when someone is called on it?

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
in the ion manual there is directions how you need to set the gun depending on the dwell to rof delay, and there is a chart in the manual for this, so what is the big deal, i guess you need to learn to read a chart bigred, It is very simple i had a qev on my ion and set it to 10 clicks on dwell and looking at the chart the rof delay i had to use was 78 clicks which put me on 13.0 bps, and was right on, so what is so hard about that, or are we too lazy to click something 78 times and leave it where it is.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Calmness, Calmness

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I have owned ions for a long time and never had a problem using them in any tournament i have played in, I just get the rules and adjust gun as close to specs as i can and fine tune at the field. Sorry if that is too difficult for some people but it is a cheap gun, great gun, and will compete with anything, so what is wrong with my opinion, sorry it isn't a spyder, but there is a reason why a spyder is called entry level.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Nothing is wrong with your opinion.....people just have issues with certain guns.............

shunut
04-23-2008, 11:02 AM
in the ion manual there is directions how you need to set the gun depending on the dwell to rof delay, and there is a chart in the manual for this, so what is the big deal, i guess you need to learn to read a chart bigred, It is very simple i had a qev on my ion and set it to 10 clicks on dwell and looking at the chart the rof delay i had to use was 78 clicks which put me on 13.0 bps, and was right on, so what is so hard about that, or are we too lazy to click something 78 times and leave it where it is.

I have owned ions for a long time and never had a problem using them in any tournament i have played in, I just get the rules and adjust gun as close to specs as i can and fine tune at the field. Sorry if that is too difficult for some people but it is a cheap gun, great gun, and will compete with anything, so what is wrong with my opinion, sorry it isn't a spyder, but there is a reason why a spyder is called entry level.

Chill out man. Don't take everything so personally. I've noticed a trend with threads that get out of hand and you, so calm down or your privileges here will be revoked. Just like you everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If bigred thinks setting up an Ion to adhere to tourney rules is a pain, he can think that, just like you can think its not a big deal.

Also think about it, you are trying to sell people on Ions, this is a Spyder forum, bought and paid for by Kingman. All our members didn't come here because they hate Spyders. I'm not saying that the only marker allowed to be talked about is the Spyder but just stop and think about where you are.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Here Here

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 11:12 AM
go ahead and ban me cause i post my opinion, I just want to answer this guys question as accurately as possible, and give him an opinion from someone that is not completely hardcore spyder. It isn't like i will lose sleep over not getting to post on a spyder forum, not a big deal shunut, and if you will look at previous posts i only fire back at people i never start an argument so maybe everyone else should have the same WARNING i got.

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
thats not what he said....bigred is not hardcore spyder...all he is sayin g is that when you do fire back at people you are no better then they are. just calm down

king-man
04-23-2008, 11:25 AM
go ahead and ban me...

can you say:banned:

tumtum00
04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
how will i ever live with myself, what will i ever do, how will i ever sleep at night?

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 11:49 AM
alright everyone calm down and get back on topic

SpyderMan723
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
how will i ever live with myself, what will i ever do, how will i ever sleep at night?

:banned: :applause:

bigred76
04-23-2008, 12:20 PM
go ahead and ban me cause i post my opinion, I just want to answer this guys question as accurately as possible, and give him an opinion from someone that is not completely hardcore spyder. It isn't like i will lose sleep over not getting to post on a spyder forum, not a big deal shunut, and if you will look at previous posts i only fire back at people i never start an argument so maybe everyone else should have the same WARNING i got.
Now now, you leave Josh alone. He is the moderator and decides who gets warned and who doesn't. That's the end of it, unless you decide to keep it up and get banned (as you've said, not a big deal) or leave the forums (same as getting banned, IMO, just more dignified). If you wish to argue like that with me, fine, PM it to me and keep it off the open boards. Same with Deano, I'm sure he'd take the time and effort to have a decent discussion with you via PM over the matter.

thats not what he said....bigred is not hardcore spyder...all he is sayin g is that when you do fire back at people you are no better then they are. just calm down
Pretty much... I'm hardcore MacDev. ;) Note the avatar, lmfao! I've just been around these forums long enough to know more than the average member (and I'm not going to say that I know more than that, ever, I'm modest like that), and know that a stock Ion board is a PITA to program. Given, it is possible, but with the strict rules like they are, you have to be damn good at math and patient with them. I've done it before, but I don't think XSIV wants a marker where he has to do that.

Now, let's try to get this back on topic and be respectful to XSIV. :)

SpyderMan723
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
anyways... if you want a good marker for your speedball adventures, see if you can pick up a SP nerve off the nation for like 150ish. Ebay is too expensive.

nerves are very very nice markers. :)

shunut
04-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Look tumtum, all I was saying is you need to drop the attitude and chill out. This isn't like all the other forums you may frequent where that type of stuff is allowed. It is possible to voice your opinion without slamming the other guy. Learn how to do that and you'll have no problems here. If you can't then I will grant your wish.

bigred76
04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks SpyderMan... ;)

Nerves are interesting guns, and $150 is a decent price for one. A bit odd, and not as many parts for it out as the Ion, but it will perform about the same.

Really, I'm gonna stick by the Promaster. Pick one up off eBay for $100 or so, and then a DYE UL in .692 bore for $50 off PBN. That will do you for a while!

SpyderMan723
04-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks SpyderMan... ;)

Nerves are interesting guns, and $150 is a decent price for one. A bit odd, and not as many parts for it out as the Ion, but it will perform about the same.

nerves are pretty much sexier looking sft shockers. they have the same triggers, threads, boards, etc etc..

bigred76
04-23-2008, 01:19 PM
O rly... I'll have to actually look into them, myself. You've made me curious, lol. I thought that they were just an intermediate design based off the Imp above the Ion but below the Shocker in performance.

EDIT: I was right. It's just a fancy Impulse, lol! I wouldn't go for it based off my horrid experience with Impulses, but others have had good experience with them.

SpyderMan723
04-23-2008, 01:25 PM
O rly... I'll have to actually look into them, myself. You've made me curious, lol. I thought that they were just an intermediate design based off the Imp above the Ion but below the Shocker in performance.

EDIT: I was right. It's just a fancy Impulse, lol!

mhhm

nerves are pretty cool, and if you're lucky like me, you'll get one with a team board:D

Muddytaco
04-23-2008, 01:27 PM
nerves are pretty much sexier looking sft shockers. they have the same triggers, threads, boards, etc etc..

Except for the fact they don't operate anywhere near the same. Its just a upgraded impulse platform.

SpyderMan723
04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Except for the fact they don't operate anywhere near the same. Its just a upgraded impulse platform.

way to rain on my parade... :(

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 01:37 PM
well ive done some searching and First call has Ar1 for 90, wrath for 120, slayer for 110, and Rpm for 90....i dont know im going to have a talk witht the captains about it

shunut
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Pictures like that are not welcome here, don't ever post anything like that again.

Hossy
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
deano and XSiv.
thats horrible. thats not funny. I have not been following the thoughts in this thread, but you all lost any respect I had for you.

:thumbdown:

TheDarkShadow
04-23-2008, 05:45 PM
shucks, I missed it. anywho I agree w/ bigred. get a promaster, but if you need a diablo or rpm. get a diablo, after that its just personal preferance

XSiv Force
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
i dont need any specific one just one for the cheapest possible.....im in college........money goes in on hand out of the other...i wish we had a pb store here so i could get a job but no
By the way you didnt miss anything it WAS a dumb pic

deano 177
04-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Sorry and I apologize to anyone that I may have offended.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Can a pilot ramp?

tumtum00
04-24-2008, 09:32 AM
if you change the stock board

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Iam highly considering an RPM with upgraded board and foregrip

king-man
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
how much are u planning on spending?

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
As little as possible
I can get that RPM brand new for 90 and spend the rest on a nitro tank of my own

king-man
04-24-2008, 02:25 PM
who makes an Rpm, not anything ive heard of? also post a link

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:33 PM
its is from Odyssey 9.1/10 on pbreview
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-main/category-99_3379/paintball-guns-odyssey.html?zenid=0f155b79e9046916f7569894b6b6b63 5
Im also considering a Diablo AR1 8.8/10 on pbreview
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-main/category-99_3340/paintball-guns-diablo.html?zenid=0f155b79e9046916f7569894b6b6b635

SpyderMan723
04-24-2008, 02:34 PM
who makes an Rpm, not anything ive heard of? also post a link

they're made by Oddessy. the same company that makes halo hoppers.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

SpyderMan723
04-24-2008, 02:35 PM
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-main/category-99_3379/paintball-guns-odyssey.html?zenid=0f155b79e9046916f7569894b6b6b63 5
http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-main/category-99_3340/paintball-guns-diablo.html?zenid=0f155b79e9046916f7569894b6b6b635

the only thing i don't like about the rpm is that there is no reg.

if you can find a way to throw a good reg on there that will be a good marker

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
That is what im going to get a new reg

SpyderMan723
04-24-2008, 02:38 PM
That is what im going to get a new reg

yea good idear

good luck choosing your marker bro!

but if you dont already have a reg id say get the diablo over the RPM because the RPM will end up costing you more after you buy a quality reg

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Ive got to figure out which markers reg would fit it...any ideas

king-man
04-24-2008, 02:43 PM
ok, i looked at, i wouldnt get it because there is no front grip or a way to put in a regular reg because it doesnt have asa threads

SpyderMan723
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
ok, i looked at, i wouldnt get it because there is no front grip or a way to put in a regular reg because it doesnt have asa threads

^^^^ thats what i was wondering. if it had threads or not. so yea go with the devil

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 02:57 PM
UM yes it does have threads there....ive seen people with the front grip on it but im not dure on which they had i saw it on pbnation

king-man
04-24-2008, 03:16 PM
to bad you couldnt have got that primal i saw a while back on ebay, it was only 150, course you couldnt get a board for it, i dont think

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
i did see it but i was having to pay for my next martail arts rank at that time....lets put it this way 4 digits

Hossy
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
In your other posts you say your going for a highend gun.
These guns are simply lowend. I know there was the debate about the ION, but IMO that is still the best choice. Why? It comes with a decent reg, and has everything you need. and you can get it for under 100 dollars.
all these guns you have showed dont have a reg i dont believe, yet one doesnt even have a front 'handle'. A reg will cost more. I dont see why you are negging the ion, and wake up to reality that is it most likely the best choice out there

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Im not negging the ion...i cant find one that is lower than 100...if i go on the internet then it will be atleast 100 not including shipping. where as if i get the rpm its free shipping plus a free jersey

Hossy
04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
bst on pbnation
they may only list it for 110, but if you know what a gun is really worth, some haggling, and some common sense....your set.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
this is why i am asking about guns, i have always used semis or pumps...i just like them a little better but i like the design of the rpm minus the no foregrip

TheDarkShadow
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Im not negging the ion...i cant find one that is lower than 100...if i go on the internet then it will be atleast 100 not including shipping. where as if i get the rpm its free shipping plus a free jersey

Firstcall doesnt give you a free jersey, just an FYI (it was a christmas thing)

imo, pay the extra $65 you'll be glad you did
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=kfq4StSS0ey4HpyDrFl44t5Gr8nnQuASq8g=?Pro ductID=P6XAqArbGfgAAAEBJ9hekf3f

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Oh it says christmas special was a dvd and every other order gets a jersey o well

TheDarkShadow
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I've ordered twice from there since christmas, no jersey.

XSiv Force
04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
oh well... :(

xsvly-fat
04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
yeah an ion would be the best deal for the price or a vs2 is also a good deal right now

king-man
04-25-2008, 04:11 AM
vs2 is cheaper, they both perform equal, well i like the vs2 a litle better just because i dont like sp but thats my personal opinion, vs2 has an on/off, better feedneck, a little better trigger, just a couple of twerks that are better, andyou can get a tadao board for it, im pretty sure you cant for an Ion, not sure tho

deano 177
04-25-2008, 04:23 AM
:yeahthat:

yeah an ion would be the best deal for the price or a vs2 is also a good deal right now
If you could find a vs2 with a board already in it. Otherwise it looks like the ion is his best bet for dependability and upgradeability. Plus there are so many out there that a lot of people know how to work on them if you do have problems.

XSiv Force
04-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Guess im going to have to karate chop a few more boards to get more money

Muddytaco
04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
vs2 is cheaper, they both perform equal, well i like the vs2 a litle better just because i dont like sp but thats my personal opinion, vs2 has an on/off, better feedneck, a little better trigger, just a couple of twerks that are better, andyou can get a tadao board for it, im pretty sure you cant for an Ion, not sure tho

You can get a nib ion off of pbn for less then a VS2, feedneck is better on VS2 but it is still terrible, Ion has less kick, I hate the stock trigger on both, ion is fully electro-pneumatic not a blowback (no recocking issues) and tadao ion board has been out for years but I would take a APE board over tadao.

I would get a ion but I wouldn't even buy one, build one from aftermarket and used parts. It will only comes out slightly more then a new one and will preform 10X better.

MVS1
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
You can get a nib ion off of pbn for less then a VS2, feedneck is better on VS2 but it is still terrible, Ion has less kick, I hate the stock trigger on both, ion is fully electro-pneumatic not a blowback (no recocking issues) and tadao ion board has been out for years but I would take a APE board over tadao.

I would get a ion but I wouldn't even buy one, build one from aftermarket and used parts. It will only comes out slightly more then a new one and will preform 10X better.

Agreed....but building a decent timmy out of used parts would be a good idea as well and cost about the same. Hit the sales section on www.intimidator-owners.com right now there are 3 threads from guys parting out various different gen's. I wish Kingman would make another EP marker, had hoped the new pilot and electra where going to be EP.

TheDarkShadow
04-26-2008, 06:07 AM
you can get a VS2 w/tadao chip for $154
http://www.punisherspb.com/kingman-spyder-vs2-electronic-paintball-tadao-vs-board-combo-kit.aspx

SpyderMan723
04-26-2008, 06:33 AM
or wait for the new spyders to be released.(Pilot + Electra)

XSiv Force
04-27-2008, 02:43 PM
I can get an epiphany for 150

TheDarkShadow
04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
that's not bad

XSiv Force
04-27-2008, 04:16 PM
yeah i know, but i had too pay for summer courses the other day so im hoping i can get enough for the next tourney at GFOA Dans Land

Paintballer5000
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
you should get a blade trigger frame and get a tadao or virtue board.

king-man
04-27-2008, 05:29 PM
epiphany, pht, i would get a used a ion with some ups over that, epiphany is an ion with a freak jr, thats ok i guess, an on/off, not performance enhancing, a smaller but still ****ty feedneck, not needed, a heavier metal body, not worth it, and a fire bolt, the only thing performance enhancing

TheDarkShadow
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
epiphany, pht, i would get a used a ion with some ups over that, epiphany is an ion with a freak jr, thats ok i guess, an on/off, not performance enhancing, a smaller but still ****ty feedneck, not needed, a heavier metal body, not worth it, and a fire bolt, the only thing performance enhancing

That post isn't very encouraging for buying from your sale in your sig ;)

Ace24
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM

Agreed, and I'm just realizing this now. Haha. I've sold my stock parts for more then half what I paid for the marker and I've still got some more to sell, especially once I get the V2 frame I'm looking for.

Look into finding a used ION GC body, look for a Scorpion, Element V2, Trinity, or Punishers trigger frame, NDZ trigger, Freak barrel, QEV* and a good reg and on/off and you're set. You don't even need to upgrade the board IMO... I can walk mine plenty fast on semi.

*QEV is a must have for any ION.

king-man
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
That post isn't very encouraging for buying from your sale in your sig ;)

LOL, parts aren't mine Idc if they ever get sold, I'm about to tell him to buy a trigger frame and sell it as a whole

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Can an MR2 Ramp? If not, can you put a new board/chip into it to make it? Which one would be good?

TheDarkShadow
04-28-2008, 06:15 PM
you can out a SD T-board in it

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
What about Scenario Dreams T-Board i hacent really heard of it any where...only one review on pbreview......because i can get a mr2 for 120 and a t board for 10........plus i think it would be kind of fun to show up at a tourney with a mr

ArenaMaster
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi, im kinda new to this forum, but i bought a tlr second hand from my friend for about 75 bucks, and it works great, but also like XSiv, i want to convert to a electro but i was wodnering if u guys can help me out, becuase ive been looking allover the internet for an electro frame and i was wondering if u guys know anyone that sells it, i even checked ebay. And also what other upgrades can i get, or is reccomended. Also if u can provide links that would be really appreciated

TheDarkShadow
07-31-2008, 04:53 PM
look around here on the Buy/Sell/Trade a.k.a. B/S/T

ArenaMaster
08-02-2008, 04:37 AM
thx, i didnt know that was there, i posted a new thread there, see if anyone can help me, but in the mean time, do u know anyone who sells them?

police_brutality
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
just buy an ion

ArenaMaster
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
well, my friend has an ion, and it broke numerous times, and i really odnt one, i like my tlr better

flyboy9397
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I would recommed a cheap rocking trigger frame and ACS bolt for my pilot. they sell them top cocking, with a rear bolt, or universal bolt all around a 100 bucks with shipping on ebay. It might get you through for now, while you check your options. I know electronic tourney ready gun is expensive and cool, but there are some things to be said for a gun you know and are comfortable firing and tearing down to clean.

only bad thing I know about ION's or autocockers from my boss is they get wet past surface and into the internals, your out of the tourney and wishing you still had the old mechanical spyder that can also shoot 30 balls a second with a rocking trigger.

my advice which I am looking into later over the next year is to maybe upgrade to an all electronic gun, though I prefer woods ball/scenario play more than speed ball and electronic guns like IONS don't do as well in that realm as tippmans or the MR series.

police_brutality
09-10-2008, 02:25 PM
tlr are good guns, but the money you'll put into it isnt worth it, just get an ion. i got one and i love it

XSiv Force
09-10-2008, 03:57 PM
whait a sec of the two of us who has a tlr? then how much was put into it?
How many times have i owned you and your ion? i think that if its a gun you like no matter what and you want to put time and money into it then you should. How much have i spent on my piranhas?...................actually to date i probably could have bought an ion...............oh well

police_brutality
09-10-2008, 05:14 PM
you have never owned me on speedball, always woods...you have spent $20 max on em

bigred76
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
What an irrellevant arguement... My Borg > both of joo! :D

XSiv Force
09-10-2008, 06:04 PM
red next time im out your way we will have a discussion just you and your borg and me and my piranhas :D

police_brutality
09-11-2008, 04:21 AM
just wait till i build my cocker

XSiv Force
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
all talk but no results...........................:D

police_brutality
09-11-2008, 06:57 PM
just bought my body today