PDA

View Full Version : simple Q

Ratchet
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
got a simple question about my kingman spyder acs. what is the metal tube that can twist off directly below the barrel? does it have to do somthing with the regulator? is it an expansion chamber?
i'm fairly new to paintball and was just wondering what the heck it is. also, why would kingman release such a ****ty grip set up? dye sticky's are on their way. isnt there like a test market for this stuff? i just cant believe how pathetically horrible these stock grips are. dont tighten the screws to tight, it will rip the dang grip!. also i bought the spyder acs refurb, shouldnt it come with a manual? i mean its a pretty straight foward gun, just nice to have a manual to answer some simple q's, like what the heck is that thing below my barrel?

pb34
04-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Yup that thing under the barrel is the expansion chamber. It holds a little air to help with the next shot. If you give me a minute I'll post the link to the Pilot ACS manual.

TheDarkShadow
04-18-2008, 05:35 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/emarkers/markers/pilot_acs.html

click on the diagram option

it's an LPC (low pressure chamber)

yea the stock grips are horrible but what can you do?... buy new grips

fatkidfrompbaz
04-18-2008, 05:37 PM
my stock grips feel good

pb34
04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh wow I meant low pressure chamber. The lack of sleep must be getting to me.

Ratchet
04-18-2008, 05:52 PM
ok thanks. i guess my next Q is why is it called the low pressure chamber when i have a highpressure tank? are there different sizes of lpc's?

bigred76
04-18-2008, 05:56 PM
It helps at lower pressures to have more volume to replace pressure, and the LPC provides that extra "umph." 50psi with 2inches of space is just as much air/force as 100psi with only 1inch of space.

Ratchet
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
thnaks for the info. i can shoot the gun, just dont know that much about it. its a very simple gun to learn and take apart. i love it!

bigred76
04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Looks like you're already off to a good start if you already have a decent hopper and HPA tank... Props on the decent start, and good luck! :)

Ratchet
04-18-2008, 06:22 PM
yeah i bought the pro kit off of ans gear's website for 165. bought the gun for 45 bucks (refurb and used once from a fellow team mate). I use it for woodsball, which i found out it isnt the best gun to use in woodsball, but it hasnt givin me any troubles major troubles yet. was too impatient my first time out to sue it so i bought a 9 volt battery fro trigger instead of charging the one for it. waste of money, the 9 volt lasted about 5 minutes.
also, did you know that when you hook the tank up and cock the bolt back and hang onto it while its cocked, your gun will drain the airtank through the barrel in about 20 seconds and make an extremely loud noise causing your ears to feel like there bleeding (was in garage at time with door closed, very loud echo).
and i chopped a ball using carnage rip paintballs (high grade fyi.) it was around the 1000th to go through but it pissed me off since the gun has acs. i know stuff at perfect but i was on semi, no full auto on 13 pbs.

TheDarkShadow
04-18-2008, 06:28 PM
did you break in your bolt?

Ratchet
04-18-2008, 06:47 PM
my friend had it and broke it in, how he did it i have no idea, he just said he did and i wasnt there to see it. i went easy on it the first couple of hours (4 or so) then lubed it all up( not the bolt, just the o ring on striker and the o ring on spring) and fired some shots on full auto just to see how fast it is. then played for around another 4 hours and lubed it all up again after use.