PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake!!!

DFSniper
04-18-2008, 03:40 AM
so did anyone else feel the earthquake at 5:30 in the morning?? i woke up and kinda freaked out (by kinda, i mean i was half asleep and had no clue what was going on!) i thought it was just a C-130 flying REALLY low over my house, because they've been known to do that around here, but it was taking too long.

SpyderMan723
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
I felt shaking real early in the morning on wednesday... scared the **** out of me because there are rumors of my house being haunted :darth:

king-man
04-18-2008, 05:43 AM
so did anyone else feel the earthquake at 5:30 in the morning?? i woke up and kinda freaked out (by kinda, i mean i was half asleep and had no clue what was going on!) i thought it was just a C-130 flying REALLY low over my house, because they've been known to do that around here, but it was taking too long.

i didnt but everyone else in my family did, they were all freaking out this moringin, i was sleeping, i can sleep through a hurricane if youd let me

The Pumper
04-18-2008, 07:08 AM
I wouldnt let you. :dodgy:

I've slept through a small one. My dad woke up and thought I was shaking the couch, but I was sleepin on the couch next to him.
Twas sweet.

bigred76
04-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Lol. East Coasters... I'm actually surprised with the geography as it is that those around New York/Kentucky don't get more earthquakes.

Ace24
04-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I felt my computer table and chair shaking on Wed at some point... the monitor kept wobbling and I tried to stop it, thinking it was my fat dad rolling around in his bed below me but it didn't stop and I kind of freaked out.

The thought of earthquake hit my mind, but I passed it off seeing as it would have been a really tiny one.

The shaking only lasted a few seconds.

The Pumper
04-18-2008, 09:57 AM
your house is haunted

king-man
04-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Lol. East Coasters... I'm actually surprised with the geography as it is that those around New York/Kentucky don't get more earthquakes.

great:dodgy:
they say the fault in IL is supposed to cause a 7.0 within a week, but when does the news get anything rite

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I felt it in ohio. The birds outside my open window apparently did and freaked out, that's what woke me up... the earthquake lulled me back to sleep.

marvin-martian
04-18-2008, 12:53 PM
i heard nothing of this

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2008, 12:56 PM
i heard nothing of this

A 5.2 hit southeast IL at it's epicenter and was recorded as being felt from distances as far as Georgia and New York

Hoppy11
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Tim you may be laughing now but as soon as Cali floats off into no where we will be the ones laughing.

I didn't feel it here in Detroit but aparently it set off car alarms and shook the city pretty good.

marvin-martian
04-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Tim you may be laughing now but as soon as Cali floats off into no where we will be the ones laughing.

and nothing of value was lost

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
But if California is gone... then they'll have to make stuff up for all of my favorite shows like Laguna beach and the OC :dodgy:

DFSniper
04-18-2008, 01:29 PM

well, because this part of the continent is so old. the rare earthquake happens because the old fault where europe/africa connected w/ north america has been pretty much stationary for the past couple million years, but it still moves on occasions. i wonder what my geology teacher will have to say about it on monday!

king-man
04-18-2008, 02:15 PM
local news is where i heard it, im surpise my civics/history/geography teacher didnt say anything about it? also, when that bridge fell tehy got a top spot on msn but we dont get one for a 5 sumthing earthquake, bogus

bigred76
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
California will never float away... :rolleyes: Whatever idiot that you heard that from needs to GDIAF.

You mean the bridge that got melted from the intense heat of that fire? In Cali? It was cool as **** to drive by.

And 5.2 magnitude aint ****.

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-33112320080418

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
California will never float away... :rolleyes: Whatever idiot that you heard that from needs to GDIAF.

You mean the bridge that got melted from the intense heat of that fire? In Cali? It was cool as **** to drive by.

And 5.2 magnitude aint ****.

http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-33112320080418

I think that idiot can ban you and then you'll be the mod's new him.

TheDarkShadow
04-18-2008, 04:14 PM
I felt nothing, although all my friends did

interceptorMR2
04-18-2008, 05:49 PM
geez a 5.2? I would definetly wake up to that, but seeing as I live in oregon, the worst thing I have to worry about is my state catching on fire. In fact, the area around my house has caught fire two years in a row. Had to be evacuated twice... not so fun.

MVS1
04-18-2008, 06:45 PM
5.2??? PFFFT you pussies ;D, if it doesn't hit above 6 we don't even get out of bed for it :D

HelpDeskHustler
04-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Sorry we didn't build our houses on major fault lines... we'll plan more next time. :dodgy:

bigred76
04-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I didn't have my house on a MAJOR fault line... only a minor breakoff. ;) Not joking on that one, haha! There seriously is a minor fault line break-off running a couple blocks away from my house. It comes off the major line that leads to the Fremont/Sunol area Hayward Fault in the hills off yonder near my house. :D

DRAGON
04-18-2008, 08:17 PM
We have hurricanes. If the ground or house shakes, you look out the window and if you don't see a person, car, trailer or house flying by, it's safe beans and you just go back to what you were doing before the little tremble - :cool:

colonel_moo
04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I heard nothing of this, although i've never heard of an earth quake in New England (although I'm at school and not TECHNICALLY in New England (...upstate NY). Even if it did hit up here, i'm sure i wouldn't have felt it at 5:30 in the morning. I'm barely in bed by then.

paintballkid0206
04-19-2008, 03:33 AM
i'm in south-central WI. some of my friends said that they felt sumthing, but i slept right thru it.

Moe
04-19-2008, 03:59 AM
I felt it, and it scared the **** out of me. It wouldn't have been so frightening if I had felt one before, and knew what it was. It shook, and I jumped out of bed. It felt like only my bed was shaking. So, naturally, I was like GHOSTS!!!! And then there was this ticking in my wall for the next 30 or so seconds, which was also damn weird until I realized if was an earthquake.

Now that I know what they feel like, it won't be such a scary experience. I'm glad I didn't watch the exorcist or something the night before. That would have been messed.

battlechaser
04-19-2008, 04:28 AM
I miss living on directly on top of the Canadian Shield... there's something comforting of living one of the oldest exposed rock formations in the world.

HelpDeskHustler
04-19-2008, 08:27 AM
I miss living on directly on top of the Canadian Shield... there's something comforting of living one of the oldest exposed rock formations in the world.

You'd think so, but scientifically and statistically it just means you're overdue. :rolleyes: