PDA

View Full Version : Spyder RSX Battery Charging Problem..? Help!

Cmudge26
04-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I just got my SPyder RSX. Okay i put the rechargeable battery in the gun... i understand the board needs to be turned off to be charged... i did that... now it says when you plug the cord in the back of the gun... the LED lights should be Red on the gun which means Charging... well the LED lights are not Lighten up RED OR GREEN... its just showing its off... :confused:
The LED lights work on the gun when i turn on the gun but not when its charging??

is that a problem? cause i cant tell if its charging or not. Its not showing me Red or Green LED lights... Help!

The Charger itself isn't lighting up either... so does this mean that my outlet isnt giving enought power to the Charger to charge my gun??????

Cmudge26
04-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Do i have to use the Spyder Rechargeable battery... or can i go out and Buy my own 9.6 rechargeable batter??

bigred76
04-18-2008, 12:46 AM
You can use any 9.6V battery. Are you sure the charger is working? Double check it, and if not, call Kingman up and complain (mildly, in the sense that it is an issue, not in the mannerism) about the charger being dead and ask for a new one.

king-man
04-18-2008, 05:46 AM
the outlet lights up when you lpug it up the gun the board itself doesnt light up at all on charge

Cmudge26
04-18-2008, 06:41 AM
The Charger itself doesnt turn on... i even took to my g/f house to see if it was my outlets but nope same thing at her house... the charger doesnt light up...

Kingman-Rep
04-18-2008, 07:27 AM
call 888-546-4626 and press "0" for the operator, she will direct you to a tech/cust. rep. who will take care of the problem for you.

Cmudge26
04-18-2008, 07:58 AM
you know whats weird is that... i stretch the charger cord and plugged it in... and NOW it wants to turn on... are you suppose to have the battery in the gun and screwed in grips while charging?? cause i just have it charging finally lol

bigred76
04-18-2008, 09:15 AM
That's how it's designed, so I'd assume so. That puts a scowl on my face, though. The grips might just be needed to hold the charging connector to the board. When it's done charging AND you disconnect it, carefully take a peek but don't touch nothing. Make sure the leads for the battery charger's connector is fully attached. Also, check the battery line's plastic connector to the board. Make sure that's fully plugged in as well as everything else.

You know what, K-Rep? I'm going to add number to my phone now. I keep forgetting it's 888 not 800.