PDA

View Full Version : Halo B Hopper Question...?

Cmudge26
04-17-2008, 08:11 PM
The Battery Compartment... its fit for 6AA 1.9V batteries... can i just use a regular rectangle 9V battery instead of 6AA batteries??

DisIsMyUsername
04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
There's a mod u can to to have the halo use 2 9v's

let me try to find it.

DisIsMyUsername
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
--------------DUAL 9V BATTERY MOD-------------

Yes this is how the mod gos together so don't ask why do I connect the reds to the black and vise verse. If you do it as I tell you then there wont be any issues.

This is a very easy mod to so its very hard to screw up.

There has been some cases where this mod has fryed a board but I have had nothing wrong so far. I don't know what the dude did to this mod to fry his board all I know is he did. If you fallow the instructions as I made them then you shouldn't have any issues with this mod.

--------------Parts you need--------------
- Three 9v connectors (radio shack $5 for 5)
- Heat shrink (radio shack or just use electrical tape)
- solder iron (maybe but if your don't know how to then just skip this)

Cut the heat shrink into two 1 1/2" pieces. Slip the 1 1/2" heat shrinks on one of the connectors. wire up the the connectors like so\/ making sure that the top one has the heat shrink on it.

Solder the connections together. Slip the heat shrink over the newly solder connections. Use your soldering iron and heat up the heat shrink so it gets smaller. DONE!

The other way to do this is just twist the wires together and tape them up but this is the cheap and easy way and most of the time it will come undone.

Test this in your halo to see if you have done a good job if it works then you are good if it doesn't then redo the mod.

taken from pbnations hopper section.

I've seen 9v cables for the halo B on ebay. dont ask me if they work tho, ive never tried them.

Cmudge26
04-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Thats cool but im not worry about changing it into more volts... i just want to know if i can hook a regular 9V battery instead of 6AA batteries??

bigred76
04-18-2008, 12:10 AM
The connector for the 6-pack is a 9V connector, is it not?

Keep in mind also that the single 9V likes to bounce around inside the battery compartment. Look into a small piece of foam or something to stop the jumbling rattle. Trust me, it gets annoying.

DisIsMyUsername
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
i thought so too but doesnt it make it run on a smaller voltage, and then it spins slower?

Critical
04-18-2008, 05:38 AM
A single 9v does not have the power to drive the Halo, that's why there is the 2 battery mod, if you look at the connections, it is wired is parallel, which keeps it 9v, but adds the amperage (if I remember my RadioShack days correctly).

bigred76
04-18-2008, 09:02 AM
You're right on the amperage, but not on the first bit. My Reloader B works just fine off one 9V battery. The point of two is to make it longer until the batteries need replacement and to possibly get an extra BPS.

6 X 1.8V = 10.8V, btw. They also have the 4 pack of AA's, which is 4 X 1.8V = 7.2V... From the factory. The motor only needs 3V to run.