PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a problem.

tater_salad
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I payed a guy ($hmidy) for an Alias four weeks ago. I filed a dispute with PayPal and that hasn't seemed to do anything. I called him but that didn't help since he was or sounded to be high (Oh boy was it fun talking to him then. :mad: ) So what else is there I can do to try to get this gun or to get my money back?

irishwarrior
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Police would be a good option.

bigred76
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Google his local police department, and call in. Give them the run down of the transaction, get the person's name that you talk to and a number that you can call in case anything else develops. Write that all down as well as the time that you called and the date. Record everything that you can in case it gets to a point that you need it, which might just be the case if it's a stoner.

Was this on PBN? Post in the Scammer section (can't remember the exact name). Let people know to be cautious around this dude.

tater_salad
04-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Yea, it was PBN, I will try to get contact his local PD tomorrow I guess.

tumtum00
04-17-2008, 07:29 PM
If you paid through paypal, and even if you receive the gun, and he can't prove that it was delivered to a verified address from paypal. You will get your money back, but it has to be non delivered, he could send you a tippy 98 and with paypal, as long as he has proof it went to your address they won't do anything about not as listed. But wait out paypal, you will get your money back, if never delivered.

The Pumper
04-17-2008, 07:30 PM
its called the theft report forum on pbn lol
silly tim ;)

bigred76
04-17-2008, 11:59 PM
That's the name! I was too lazy to go and check for the exact name, and it was good enough... lol.

Kenny's pilot
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
If you used a credit card when you bought it with paypal. Call your credit card company. You will get your money in no time. I made a purchase on ebay, the item was broke and the seller wouldn't replace the item or send my money back. So I had to get paypal to retrieve my money. It took months before I received my money.

tumtum00
04-19-2008, 05:21 AM
If you used a credit card when you bought it with paypal. Call your credit card company. You will get your money in no time. I made a purchase on ebay, the item was broke and the seller wouldn't replace the item or send my money back. So I had to get paypal to retrieve my money. It took months before I received my money.

all conflicts will take some time, but if you can show you never received any product from somebody it is escalated and usually solved in 30 days, and like your situation, you are lucky paypal refunded you anything, I have never had any luck with not as listed, or broken products, i had a bat sent to a guy, and it showed that it made it to his local post office, and was out for delivery, and since the mailman forgot to scan it when it got to his house he disputed it and got the refund. that sucked.

shark
04-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Hey is this the guy? if found this posting on timmyowners

http://www.intimidatorowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621

tater_salad
04-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Yea, that's him. I'm gonna give him a couple more days and call his local PD.

tater_salad
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Well his dad called me today and said he would go to his apartment and get the gun and get it shipped to me sometime this week. So that's good news and I might actually be getting the gun finally.:D

big_daddy_d
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
good to hear that it turned out decent. I would still file a police report though... mail fraud if I remember right is a felony, better to nail the theiving turd to the wall than let him scam someone else...

irishwarrior
04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
:yeahthat:

fatkidfrompbaz
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
thats good