PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a new marker...

deano 177
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking of gettng a rail or a mini. The rail fits my hands a little better than the mini but the mini just looks so damn cool. What do you guys think? Any pro's or con's for either of the two?

SpyderMan723
04-17-2008, 03:28 PM
never handled a rail but minis are extremely lightweight, even with a tank!

with minis you get lots o blowback, my friend has one and has nothing but problems with blowback.

shark
04-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Id go with the rail. ive had mine for a while and the only problem ive had has been one o ring. it rips and its fairly efficient. rail ftw:thewave:

SUNNYboi
04-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Don't get a gun because its "cool". Get a gun that feels great in your hands. Unless your gonna hang it on your wall.

deano 177
04-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't get a gun because its "cool". Get a gun that feels great in your hands. Unless your gonna hang it on your wall.
Yea, I know...:( I thought that I would really like it but when I held it, it just seemed really small. I thought that I might grow to like it. I have had an offer to play with one for the day but the place the guy plays it would cost me about a Hundie. That's a lot of cake to drop but I guess it would be worth it to try out the marker. Maybe I'll see if he'll let me try the rail and the mini.

Would I need to get a on/off reg to run my high pressure tanks or does it have a reg on it?

bigred76
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
It has the built in regulator in the grip frame.

king-man
04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
with minis you get lots o blowback, my friend has one and has nothing but problems with blowback.

Really? i had a guy(not trin to sell me one) said they didnt have very much bb at all, what ecatly are minis, spools?

bigred76
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.invertpaintball.com/myspace/air_chambers.gif

The spring actually moves with the bolt, but the diagram doesn't show it.

Here's the manual. (http://www.boblong.com/05pb_solutions/pdf/manuals/invert/mini_std.pdf)

king-man
04-17-2008, 05:56 PM
so is it kinda an inline blow back, sorta like tippmans

bigred76
04-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Uh.... no. More like a spring assisted dump valve. ;)

TheDarkShadow
04-17-2008, 06:40 PM
mini pros:
small
lightweight
no macro
cons:
small
upgrades are limited
semi-delicate

bigred76
04-17-2008, 06:44 PM
PMR SE (what I used to have)

Pro's:
Lightweight
Average size (by today's standards)
Upgrades are out there, but are unneeded normally as the regulator, ASA, and feedneck are good (remember, SE model)
Costs less

Cons:
Inefficient (comparatively)
Polymer frame (it's lighter than the UL, though, and comes stock with all the standard modes.... the stock PMR also has polymer eye covers, feedneck, and back cap, which are fine, but the back cap really should be metal)
Milling (could be better, and the "sight rail" is annoying)

applesauce
04-18-2008, 04:41 PM
rail is far superior......mini is too light! the only upgrades you will need will be changing the composite parts to aluminum, and even thats not really necessary!

deano 177
04-20-2008, 05:53 AM
I had a chance to mess with a mini yesterday. I must say that I am impressed. This gun had a stiffie C/F 14" barrel but I was able to shoot it with the stock barrel. I loved it. I am going to try a rail asap but I think the mini is alright.

applesauce
04-20-2008, 07:30 AM
dont minis only come with 1 firing mode?

Muddytaco
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
so is it kinda an inline blow back, sorta like tippmans

Its more like a automag then anything else.

rail is far superior......mini is too light! the only upgrades you will need will be changing the composite parts to aluminum, and even thats not really necessary!

How is it far superior?

dont minis only come with 1 firing mode?

No they have 4:
Semi
PSP
NXL
Millennium

And that question pretty much canceled out your claim of rail being far superior since you don't even know what all the mini has.

I would get the mini over the pmr. I have played with both and comparing stock gun to stock gun the mini feels alot better.