PDA

View Full Version : New gun or ups?

xxcarlosxx
04-15-2008, 06:28 PM
ok i have a Pilot ACS that i want to upgrade but its gonna be pretty expensive to change the front block, regulator, macroline, and asa so i was wondering... should i save up and get a new gun (rs or new electra) or just upgrade it? (keep in mind that im a recreational player and im only 15 so i dont have a job lol)

Upgrades:
Front Block (http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR+229)=$45
Regulator (http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Products_Short_Regulator_With_Gauge_Port_p/cpregulatorshortyes.htm)=$60
Macroline (http://www.ansgear.com/1_Foot_of_Macroline_Red_p/macrolinered.htm)=$1.5
Black Macroline Fittings x 2 (http://www.ansgear.com/90_Degree_Macroline_Fitting_Swivel_Black_p/macrofitting90swivelblack.htm)=$10
ASA (http://www.ansgear.com/Custom_Products_Direct_Mount_On_Off_D_Black_p/cpdmonoffdblack.htm)=$45

and maybe a new mask... totaling up to about $200

Hossy
04-15-2008, 06:44 PM
sells the gun you got now for somemore money too, and pick up an ion or pmr

TheDarkShadow
04-15-2008, 07:26 PM
save up money for a PMR/ION/Electra(assuming it's worth the money), although imo if I got a new gun it probly wouldnt be a spyder (poor resale value)

DisIsMyUsername
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
PMR's are nice. chnk has a couple for sale.

or vs2.

xsvly-fat
04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
save up some money and buy a pmr but if you cant get compressed air easily then you should buy a rs

Ace24
04-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Get an ION for $100, stick a Lucky 5.1 body on it for $80, sell the stock body/bolt/eyes for $60 and then you've got a $120 ION that will work better/ have better efficiency then a $250 PMR.

The Pumper
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I'd get a new gun if you want to become more serious. If not, just get some ups.

Hoppy11
04-16-2008, 06:39 AM
I would look on here or PBN for a used Ion or PMR. I prefer the PMR but you may like the ion. Try and shoot both maybe even play with both before you decide on anything.

DisIsMyUsername
04-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Carlos, btw where do you play?

If you wanna try out some guns lmk cause I know a couple ppl who might let u take a round with a PMR or maybe an ion.

ttam13xlpb
04-16-2008, 06:41 PM
seeing that your just a rec baller id sell the pilot and go for the proto SLG

xxcarlosxx
04-16-2008, 07:01 PM
save up some money and buy a pmr but if you cant get compressed air easily then you should buy a rs

i can get co2 and compressed air easily were i play... they refill your tanks as many times as u want.

Carlos, btw where do you play?

If you wanna try out some guns lmk cause I know a couple ppl who might let u take a round with a PMR or maybe an ion.

nah its ok my frend has a pmr ill try his one of these days...

ttam13xlpb
04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Get an ION for $100, stick a Lucky 5.1 body on it for $80, sell the stock body/bolt/eyes for $60 and then you've got a $120 ION that will work better/ have better efficiency then a $250 PMR.

LOL....how long would it take to sell stock ion parts though???...
used pmr w/ ul frame in good condition..bout $250 now days with up's...best bet

xxcarlosxx
04-16-2008, 07:48 PM
the pmr would be better than the new spyders right? but wat makes it better? wat are advantages? disadvantages?

xsvly-fat
04-16-2008, 08:00 PM
its faster more acurate lighter ect. i just traded my mini for one and i love it. the only thing i dont like about it is that its a gas hog

TheDarkShadow
04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
plus better resale value

xxcarlosxx
04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
well, i guess id better start saving up then! lol i only have like $100 but imma get like $100 more next week and my birthday is coming up so i'll have enough like in a month... im still not sure if i wanna buy a new gun yet, but w/e eventually i'll decide.

thnxs for all the help guys!

Ace24
04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
LOL....how long would it take to sell stock ion parts though???...
used pmr w/ ul frame in good condition..bout $250 now days with up's...best bet

I've made $65 in 2 days. It's not hard to sell the stock parts. SO many people have IONs and the parts are in high demand.

PMR is garbage compared to how my ION is right now. I will defend that to the death too.;)

Maxx-Damage
04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
PMR is garbage compared to how my ION is right now. I will defend that to the death too.;)
Yeah but how much do you have in ur ion?

Ive noticed an extreme hatred towards the PMR from Ace latly...

DisIsMyUsername
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
both guns love the plastic. meh..

PMR shoots nice. I cant vouch for an ion, i havent shot a rly good one anyway.

The Pumper
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Ion's are durable. I've owned 2 or 3...all reliable. Wow a plastic shell covering parts. It makes it such a bad gun. :rolleyes:

DisIsMyUsername
04-16-2008, 10:17 PM
lol.

i was just saying.

bigred76
04-17-2008, 01:06 AM
That plastic isn't my personal issue with an Ion, it's the rubber on top of the plastic that bugs the **** outa me. It's just hard to clean quickly after a game and keep clean on my shelf. Damned rubber picks up dust quicker 'n a *****.

As for Ted... He doesn't like the Ion platform being picked out as a "nube" gun. I think that it is not, it is merely shoddy SP quality that allows the guns to be made for so cheap. With aftermarket parts and the proper shooter, Ions will hang with the best. The platform that they created is one of the best done to date, and will most likely be one of the more prominent designs in the future. Don't bash the Ion just yet. ;)

In that price range that the PMR's in (not going to read the whole thread).... Alias. Hands down. Best shooting gun for under $300. Save up the extra and bide your time. It will be worth it.

On second thought, wait a while longer than it takes you to raise the money for it. I personally wouldn't trust a 15y/o with one of my Timmies, just how I am, they're far more advanced than a run 'o the mill Spyder. I'd wait until about your birthday, then ask for money to get a gun. About that time, prices will have dropped enough that you can buy the gun and then go playing for your birthday. Your Pilot is more than enough for rec play... I don't use anything more than my Traccer normally when I go rec ballin'.

ttam13xlpb
04-17-2008, 07:58 AM
alias timmys are cheap right now too...you could get a good used one off nation for $250ish...but id still take a pmr over it and ive shot both

HelpDeskHustler
04-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Bigred, I find your simile to be offensive to women. I rarely see any *****'s picking up dust. :dodgy:

Ion beats PMR. I've owned both.

Ace24
04-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah but how much do you have in ur ion?

Ive noticed an extreme hatred towards the PMR from Ace latly...

After I sell the $65 worth of stuff, it's a $120 ION with the following ups:

Dust back GC (Considered better then Lucky 5.1's / Private clone)
Blue Matrix eyes
Clamping feedneck
SP 360 QEV
NDZ Rake Trigger (I think... it's the one that goes straight and hooks at the end)
Virtue Easy On
GC Bolt
S-Rail
SP On/Off (wich will be gone shortly and replaced by a better one)
Stock reg (replaced by Hyper 2 in a bit)

I'd rather pay $120 for a more efficient BOB system that not only runs smoother (absolutely no kick with this body) but quieter than the PMR.

...and don't even get me started on how cheap the SLG feels to me.

bigred76
04-18-2008, 01:14 AM
Bigred, I find your simile to be offensive to women. I rarely see any *****'s picking up dust. :dodgy:

Ion beats PMR. I've owned both.

My eyes skipped your second to last sentence... LMFAO! Only if they're ugly and fat, Claus, only if they're ugly and fat... :D

You be crazy TTam, a properly tuned Alias is better than any PMR any day of the week!

Ace24
04-18-2008, 10:23 AM
You be crazy TTam, a properly tuned Alias is better than any PMR any day of the week!
Troof.

He's speaking of personal preference... Maybe he likes leaks and inconsistency. :p

DisIsMyUsername
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Get a triton II.

ftw

king-man
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I've made $65 in 2 days. It's not hard to sell the stock parts. SO many people have IONs and the parts are in high demand.

how come you can for an ion and i cant for an epiphany

king-man
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
On second thought, wait a while longer than it takes you to raise the money for it. I personally wouldn't trust a 15y/o with one of my Timmies, just how I am, they're far more advanced than a run 'o the mill Spyder.

non sense, i got my borg and im only 15, you just have to know what your doing, dont screw anything up, one of the field owners son has had a timmy for ever and hes only a year older than me

Ace24
04-18-2008, 11:52 PM
how come you can for an ion and i cant for an epiphany

Because, for what ever reason, Epiphany's are considered "weighed down and overpriced" ION's. Which they are... none-the-less.

If you had the frame up for sale, I'd buy that... but thats about it.

Your prices are too high too.

Lower them and do package deals on PBNation and IONOwners.com

Say like, Breach & Firing can for $45 shipped as well as putting individual prices that are higher when they add up together then it would be for the two together in the package deal.

bigred76
04-19-2008, 12:16 AM
non sense, i got my borg and im only 15, you just have to know what your doing, dont screw anything up, one of the field owners son has had a timmy for ever and hes only a year older than me

A Borg needs lubing every 10 cases. The maintenance is designed to be so simplistic and easy a 15 y/o could do it. Not so with a Timmy, even an Alias. There's a lot of things that can go wrong, including, but not limited to: breaking barbs, destroying poppits, hoses popping off, breaking paint from improper ram shimming (if you don't know what that is or can't figure it out, you damn well shouldn't be owning one!!!), ram bumpers wearing out, etc etc etc.