PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like the barrel thats on your MR2?

Malatesta
04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm a paintball noob who just bought an MR2 w/Eye. I've played a couple games, and it seems to be holding up to my roommates new A5. The last match we played though, a buddy threw an aftermarket barrel on my his A5, and he was able to eliminate me very easily a couple times from a much greater distance away. Sounds like my first upgrade will be a barrel!

The J&Js seem popular around here, but I've also seen a couple good comments on rifled barrels that fit the MR2 shroud. Are there any barrels that are specifically good matches for the MR2? Does rifling really make a difference?

Right now I'm leaning towards a 12 or 14 inch J&J ceramic, but I'd like to hear why you guys like what you are playing with.

xsvly-fat
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
welcome to the forums!

there is no good matches for a mr2, its more about your paint to barrel size, and i dont think rifling makes a big difference but i could be wrong.

my friend just bought a 16 inch j&j and it made a big difference not only on accuracy but also on the sound.

XSiv Force
04-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Rifling is supposed to put a lateral spin on the ball to give it a straighter flight characteristics....but paintball dont always fly straight.......I like my ifled barrels but i cant say a thing about the J&J ceramics.....

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the forms another barrel i would like to mention is the apex. I personaly think it is a great barrel and a great upgrade. However the Apex isnt for everyone, it takes a little wial to get used to. I think the best bet is to try one before you but it. i have refured it to a few pople on these forums and they all loved them, just thought i would slip in a word for another great barrel.