PDA

View Full Version : As if a great week couldnt get better...

badlandsrox
04-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Okay, so last weekend i was lamenting the fact that there is not many good concerts set for this summer/spring/fall. Which sucks, but i'll live, so anyway, last week the Virgin fest lineup for calgary was announced, a bunch of local bands, plus Stone Temple Pilots, which makes for not a bad two days, so fast forwards to yesterday, and Ozzy announces the one off Monsters of Rock tour, (pretty much ozzy, serj from SOAD, and a few others that i forget, in the first Outdoor concert to get approval to use the football stadium here. Then today to top it all off (hopefully not though!) Cruefest was announced, and there stopping here (Motley Crue, Sixx:am, Trapt, Buckcherry, and Papa Roach). I must say this has been a great week to be a music fan!

irishwarrior
04-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Dude!!! You canucks get all the fun, eh!

PS: What province (if in Quebec what country) are you in? My family are some of the wine drinkers.

XSiv Force
04-15-2008, 06:20 PM
wow......That sounds really cool hope you go and have fun.......We are having Bama Fest with ZZ Top, Lynrd Skynrd and 60 other bands......

badlandsrox
04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
haha, i live in Good old Alberta (quite possibly the best province:P). Its actually becoming quite the boomtown here in calgary lately with all the Oilsand and Oilfields and Oileverything around here, and the high price of oil, so alot of things like this that calgary would have only dreamed of. (Having the Calgary Stampede also helps alot, as alot of things that come center around that, trying to draw some of the stampede crowd as well)

TheDarkShadow
04-15-2008, 07:19 PM
there is a similar concert that is going to be in columbus ohio, I think its abour a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live though, sounds like fun

colonel_moo
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Calgary eh? I take it you're a Flames fan? How are they doing in the playoffs?

badlandsrox
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Calgary eh? I take it you're a Flames fan? How are they doing in the playoffs?

Hellz yes, They have a 2-1 series lead, and they are leading 1-0 second period right now.

XSiv Force
04-15-2008, 08:16 PM
who they playing?

colonel_moo
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM
who they playing?

The Sharks I believe.

I'm just glad the Flyers are leading the Caps (read: Alexander Ovechkin)

DFSniper
04-15-2008, 08:29 PM
yeah, i'm waiting for megadeth's gigantour to hit ohio next month. megadeth AND children of bodom. the rest of the bands are probably not even worth mentioning...

bigred76
04-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Haha, that's my home town team! Sharks ftmfw! 3-2 tonight against Calgary, was a good game to watch. :D

HelpDeskHustler
04-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Cool for you... I personally wouldn't be all that excited, but to each his own.