PDA

View Full Version : Young Gunz Guatemala

nastystankweed
04-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, here is are a few vids of our last tourney. The fiel lay out is the PSP worl Cup. This was our second tourney and we did pretty good, we went undefeated until the semifinals were we lost by 2 points. We ended up in 3rd place not that bad right? It was a great expierience and we had alot of fun. I am the team capitain and Im open for any pointers to discuss with the team, so if you got any let em rip.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8hg2oMO9wLc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2UPsnha6I&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=II8dt_UV53M&feature=related

TheDarkShadow
04-15-2008, 03:36 PM
nice vids, too bad I'm not fluent in spanish

bigred76
04-15-2008, 03:44 PM
You sure about me letting them rip? :p I'll look over the vids, but I'll probably comment on forms, moves, and laning. Those are the things that most teams/players have issues with, and they really are simple fixes if you can remember what to do to have it done properly.

EDIT:
Video One

Off the break, lane a little while running a bit more, especially aim for those backs so they can't cross it up near the end of the game.

The second to the left guy on your team at the 20 dorito has an odd form.... I really can't help him much, it was just odd. Needs to tuck his tank in properly, keep his hopper's top even with his head, and properly check the lane he wants to shoot with a head check first.

What the hell was the guy in the red doing? When you have the flag, move cautiously up the field until you're absolutely certain all opponents are in the dead box. You don't want to fall victim to a "dead man's walk."

Video Two:

Guy on the right in the brick needs to watch both sides.

Good job in the snake, but he needs to remember that there is more to the field. Guy in the aztec in the back in the center needs to relax... head checking like that is asking for a hit on you. Also needs to tuck in his elbow in some more, not around the tank like that.

Video Three:

Good break-out! That's what we're looking for! Guy on the right side of the field in the dorito has an odd form, but it seems to work for him. Check both sides of your bunkers, and you'll have an advantage over them.

That snake needs to just wrap and shoot those guys in the back! Jesus! He’s had, what, three chances to pop them??? That dorito is just killing you guys!

Again, make sure the field is entirely empty with your gun up before jauntily running the flag like that.

Conclusion:

Overall, not bad, but try to keep your eyes open and play a little more cautiously while at the same time playing a little more aggressively. You need to know when to do both, and only playing will teach you that. Congrats on the third, but I know that if you guys can play like that and get them so easily, if you improve a little, you can easily go and snag first!

ttam13xlpb
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
the kid on the left dorito in the first vid(with the ion) should work on not putting the tank on the outside of his arm...this decreases accuracy and id imagine makes a bigger target...

other than that yall look fine in that first vid..all i had time to watch.

nastystankweed
04-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks alot big red ill go over it with the team this weekend

DisIsMyUsername
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Man thats awesome.

i'm nicaraguense, so its nice to see that we can hold our own over in central america.

All that needed to be said has been said, so just giving props for the good work.

XSiv Force
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
omg i would have shot the red guy myself if did that on my team

bigred76
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Your welcome, Stanky. :bow:

Feel free to PM me if you think I misjudged or you need more info on how to correct something I pointed out. Digo un pequeño español, también. ¡Más que Dark puede decir, LOL!

DisIsMyUsername
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
wow tim.

bigred76
04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
What? I'm a man of many talents.... ;) Just ask.... oh, right, family forum! :lipsrsealed:

Ace24
04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
You guys need to work on keeping tighter to bunkers, form, and movement.

Things were looking a little sloppy.

Practice makes perfect though.

HelpDeskHustler
04-16-2008, 02:23 AM
Ion guy is playing way too sloppy. He has like 1 1/2 feet of his body sticking out farther than his gun. Your gun should pretty much always be at the edge of your body when you're shooting. Also a lot of your guys play on their knees... this isn't really great. It's much better to be on your feet, in a "powerstance" where you crouch a lot, but keep your feet on the ground. Your knees are really essential to fast movement. Most people snap faster and react to events on field faster when they're in a powerstance. Example: You're playing taco... kneeling. You see a guy run for the snake, and you know nobody on your team has the snake at the moment. You're the closest, but the best counter would be to be in the snake as well so he can't move up and you have an opportunity to bunker him. If you're on your knees, you may not get that chance, because you have to fumble around just to get your feet out from under you. Whereas the powerstance allows you to run for it as soon as you're ready, since your feet are already firmly planted on the ground. Not to mention the wide stance of a powerstance allows for a very large first step, making your run a bit shorter.

Hossy
04-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree with what Bigred said, and he basically took everything i was going to say.

I know some spanish, im not the most fluent, but i took it for 4 years in school.
I know what one kid said after he was like "the other way retard" and loled pretty hard!

EDIT:
The people yelling dorito. lolololol i lauged really hard at that

HelpDeskHustler
04-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I took it for 3 years, and have had a year since I've even thought about it and barely caught any of what they were saying.

DisIsMyUsername
04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
do-ree-toe!

i understood everything.

"hacelo mierda"

yah u know what that means?

nastystankweed
04-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with what Bigred said, and he basically took everything i was going to say.

I know some spanish, im not the most fluent, but i took it for 4 years in school.
I know what one kid said after he was like "the other way retard" and loled pretty hard!

EDIT:
The people yelling dorito. lolololol i lauged really hard at that

yea that was the first game of the whole tourney and I was yelling my a** off at adrian the dude in red when he ran the wrong way, it was one of the funniest things id ever seen. I mess around with him for that screw up every weekend. the vids we posted are the 1st 3 games of the tourney and we played about 12. We got a little bit tighter and in the groove of things as the day went on. The kid with the wierd form wasnt holding the gun right because he wasnt using his tank and the one he was using was way way way too long for him.:D