PDA

View Full Version : New with the MR2, have questions about upgrades.

Dionysios
04-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey guys, just got my MR2 and I had a few questions about possible upgrades.
I've been looking to get some sort of scope or sight for it as well as a new barrel. I've also been been hearing that i'll be needing a new hopper for full auto.
So does anyone have any suggestions as to which and what to get?

thank you

irishwarrior
04-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Hopper: Halo B w/Rip Drive
Barrel: I hear J&J's are good, I use the Smart Parts Progressive and RAP4 rifled.
Sight: If you really want one get a red-dot. I got a Barska 1x50mm Red-Dot.

TheDarkShadow
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Hopper: Halo B w/Rip Drive
Barrel: I hear J&J's are good, I use the Smart Parts Progressive and RAP4 rifled.
Sight: If you really want one get a red-dot. I got a Barska 1x50mm Red-Dot.

I agree, except if I were you I'd get an apex

btw, nice user name

Lonus
04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I run a halob v35 w/ rip and an apex. I am pretty happy with both. Just make sure what ever barrel you get fits in the MR2's shroud. You should check out the sticky on MR2 upgrades. I would get a clamping feed neck also. You don't what that $4 plastic elbow holding your new $108 hopper

slim and shady
04-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Halo B's are a great hopper or a Q-loader
For a barrel I would say J&J are popular so is the apex and that is a great barrel. I would pick the apex over the J&J or you could put the apex tip on the J&J. and red dot sight is as good as the next.
I would also sugest HPA if you are still using Co2 your gun will have the potential of freezing up at high ROF's. HPA is never a bad upgrade at any rate.

irishwarrior
04-15-2008, 05:23 PM
^HPA can be expensive, but probably the second thing you want to buy, after the loader.
I agree, except if I were you I'd get an apex

btw, nice user name

I forgot about Apex, some people like it, others hate it. See if you can try it out first. Thanks your user name's pretty good too.

Dionysios
04-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, I just had a few more questions.

I bought a http://www.e-paintball.com/product.php?productid=18863&cat=0&page=1 and it doesn't fit the MR2..is this because it is a new version of the J&J barrel line? Which J&J barrels are known to actually fit?

Also, if I were to buy a red dot sight, would I have to buy any other accessory or would I be able to just slap it on the gun without any other rail or gadget?

Lastly, would a http://www.e-paintball.com/product.php?productid=18553&cat=498&page=1 do for a new hopper?

thanks again

edit: Last last thing: When I buy the new hopper, what should I buy along with it? A better feeder and detent? If so, which ones?
Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to get it right ><

irishwarrior
04-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Hopper: Good choice. Get rip drive.
Red-Dot: Just slap it on.