PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Front Block

Goatsac
04-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I am looking at getting a trinity front block but staying with the stock reg/asa for now. With this front block would I need to get a new reg and asa/on/off or would the stock stuff still fit for now?

poker_jake85
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
you would need to get new reg and asa, unless maybe you get a new gas thru grip/ expansion chamber and use the stock reg/asa. I believe the trinity block does not have the usual spyder VA so the stock gas grip will not work.

king-man
04-14-2008, 06:06 PM
You can use the stock reg as an asa, tech Steve prove that to us

Goatsac
04-14-2008, 07:12 PM
What will upgrading this piece of my gun actually get me? Would it be better to do the reg and asa at the same time to get the most out of the upgrade?

king-man
04-14-2008, 07:46 PM
get a trinity front block, then a reg, i recommend CP, but you can get any, hypers, AKA, or a Palmers Stabalizer if you wanna use co2, if you dont have the money for a new ASA, dont get it, i like the stock reg as an asa, itactually makes a good asa,

Now what your gonna get out of this,
the trinity front block has a bigger hole for more air flow on the inside, that means a little lower pressure, then a better reg, well just about any reg has a better recharge rate then the stock one so you can go higher rates of fire at a lower pressure,
so basically your gonna get a better lower working pressure

edit: i have both and run my gun around 200-190 great, but i also have a freak barrel too, that can also help you

Goatsac
04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the info king man. I really appreciate it. I am really looking into those parts for my gun. I am also getting a muddy taco trigger whenever he gets more parts in. Will i need to run a new line if i keep the stock asa?

I have an evil pipe kit and i love it. Will the front block and reg upgrade help the accuracy any or is that just strictly a paint/barrel thing?

king-man
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
the barrel and a different barrel

Goatsac
04-14-2008, 10:19 PM

What do you mean? Different barrel?

bigred76
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm confused as well... Don't know what he was tryin' to say, but the Pipe kit will do you just fine.

If you can put a straight adapter in for metric to standard, it should be fine. Spyders use a metric version of 1/8" NPT (I don't remember the size in metric, sorry!), and everything else in paintball is 1/8" NPT. As long as you get that adapter on it and take the regulator seat out of the stock ASA, it should do well.

As far as accuracy... view it this way. The balls, because of the increased consistency over a chronograph, will go just about the same distance. If it's a huge difference in chrono readings, then the balls have a huge difference between the distances (and thus arcs) that the paintballs will fly. If you can weedle the pressure down any, that will help as well because there will be less kick messing with your accuracy.

king-man
04-15-2008, 06:06 AM

lol, sorry i was tired i meant a different bolt

Goatsac
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all of your help with this guys, i really appreciate it. Does anyone have a line on used parts?

king-man
04-15-2008, 04:33 PM
line?

xxcarlosxx
04-15-2008, 05:59 PM
if u meant macroline u can find it cheap over here (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15545)

Goatsac
04-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Im sorry, i should have been a little more specific. Does anyone have or know of anyone selling regs and asa's?