PDA

View Full Version : new toy?

bomberpilot07
04-14-2008, 10:23 AM
well since i quit paintball ive picked up a new/old hobby. that would be cars :D. i recently picked up an 89 pontiac firebird formula as a weekend driver and tinker car. and to go along with it, my buddy picked up a 91 firebird although his doesnt run yet. we had to replace the oil pan because the previous owner took it over a speedbump to fast. anyways... its a pretty funny story how i managed to pick this up. aside from paying for my truck, i had been putting away money to get a lift kit, and even though im paying for it i still have to get it approved by the mother :p. when i mentioned it to my to her that i was going to talk to the installer she was like blah no " you get the picture..." then was like what happened to the idea of restoring a car? id rather you do that and have a practical car because your truck lifted wont fit in parking garages. so i went on a search for the cars i would like, i originally intended to find a car to restore completely but when i looked at this one it caught my eye with the price. the only things it needed were little things, like the radio and speakers were terrible and whined. the headlight motors were going out, and theres a little bit of body damage, but its in spots that arent noticable.
so 2 weeks later its now perfectly drivable to my specs :p. since i had to replace them i went all out, got infinity speakers, pioneer head unit, and went with 2 12" apline type s subs. for a 19 year old car it doesnt have any shakes or rattles with the subs in it, i was suprised.

heres the pics

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4681/dsc03294px4.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9606/dsc03295ko0.jpg

interior
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5676/dsc03297li0.jpg

both cars
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1434/dsc03298lolfh9.jpg

trunk :D
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7729/dsc03299in6.jpg

whats under the hood... 5.0 tpi with k&n air filter,headers and no cats
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9021/dsc03301rz1.jpg

Hoppy11
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Cool.. but they are big and slow and that big system isnt helping either.

SUNNYboi
04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Its a automatic.......lol nice ride tho. I wouldn't mind having one with a LS2 in it.

DFSniper
04-14-2008, 01:56 PM
i wanna see your new gun collection too! i wanted a trans am or camaro, but my dad said "hell no!" so are you paying insurance on both cars, or is your mom? because you're still in school, right?

TheDarkShadow
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
nice firebird, atleast it's not a V6

battlechaser
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
That car deserve's a driver with a gorgeous feathered mullet. ;)

Nice pickup though.

Alpine, FTW. :D

CHAOSFTW
04-14-2008, 03:02 PM
yah, the auto turns me away on any car or truck. nice v8 tho and the interior looks very nice. um the subs a re a little weak i would a gone with 2 15 from MA audio those are my favorite. but yours r still a very good choice. what are your other plans... wheels, motor, maybe a manual trans is what i would do next.

oh yeah very nice pickup, the color is pretty sweet

XSiv Force
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Get BASS-in-a-BOTTLEs.....Ive got two in the back of the chevelle

Nice Firebird....Id put the bird on the hood tho

bomberpilot07
04-14-2008, 03:34 PM
ehh houstons not the place for a manual tranny.. to much stop and go traffic and i like to keep my hands free when im driving.

Cool.. but they are big and slow and that big system isnt helping either.

funny joke :p. this thing is big but its far from slow. as for the system its not really weighing it down, it maybe 50lbs but i weigh just over 100 so its not really an issue hahaha.

i wanna see your new gun collection too! i wanted a trans am or camaro, but my dad said "hell no!" so are you paying insurance on both cars, or is your mom? because you're still in school, right?
ill have to get some pics of my guns when i get some more time lol.. im paying for insurance on the firebird, but so long as i keep my grades up then i dont have to worry about the truck.

when i get a chance im gonna try to get a 0-60 vid :D. or have my buddy drive my truck and race them for kicks.

yah, the auto turns me away on any car or truck. nice v8 tho and the interior looks very nice. um the subs a re a little weak i would a gone with 2 15 from MA audio those are my favorite. but yours r still a very good choice. what are your other plans... wheels, motor, maybe a manual trans is what i would do next.

oh yeah very nice pickup, the color is pretty sweet

im probably not going to do anything. besides the system in it im going to try to keep it as close to factory original as possible cause in the long run it will be worth more.

DFSniper
04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
That car deserve's a driver with a gorgeous feathered mullet. ;)

haha, i can't seem to imagine doug with a mullet...

but every time i see a 3rd gen trans am, i think of kid rock in joe dirt. :P

you should seriously get it done in the "bandit II" look, black w/gold accents.

oh, and about the whole going through your mom thing, i know what you mean. i'm 19 and still have to consult them whenever i make major financial decisions. but hey, thats the price you pay for living at home for free.

TheDarkShadow
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
if you add anything get new wheels, you can always put the old ones back on

Ace24
04-14-2008, 08:05 PM
ITS A FRIKIN AUTOMATIC!!! :dodgy:

CHAOSFTW
04-15-2008, 11:53 AM

omg no really......................

Hoppy11
04-15-2008, 12:44 PM
funny joke :p. this thing is big but its far from slow. as for the system its not really weighing it down, it maybe 50lbs but i weigh just over 100 so its not really an issue hahaha.

OK... my neighbor has the same year trans am.. practically the same car, same engine. Pretty much all of the same ups that you have on yours plus some sort of racing suspension, idk what kind. And the thing is a DOG! My dads truck kept up with it all the way to 100 and its a stock Durango.

That my friend is the definition of slow.

TheDarkShadow
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
OK... my neighbor has the same year trans am.. practically the same car, same engine. Pretty much all of the same ups that you have on yours plus some sort of racing suspension, idk what kind. And the thing is a DOG! My dads truck kept up with it all the way to 100 and its a stock Durango.

That my friend is the definition of slow.
It must be pretty ragged out, and does the durango have a hemi?

leed
04-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I think it's pretty cool that you and your friend both got the same car (more or less). :thumbup: Looks nice too. If I did not play paintball, I could have a really nice sound system in my van. -sigh-

bigred76
04-15-2008, 03:34 PM
LOL.... I could see Leed in his van bumping down the street, popping the hydraulics.... :dodgy:

Not bad Doug, but the Ego was sexier. :p

Paintballadict18
04-15-2008, 04:32 PM
my brother would kill u if he saw this he had a firebird (white) and he had that exact same stereo but we got in a wreck (last year in may) it was totaled and hes still depressed about it

it looks great :)

timmyshoota
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Doug, you still got the DM7 or Ego7?

bigred76
04-15-2008, 05:21 PM
No, he sold them when he quit the sport.

bomberpilot07
04-15-2008, 06:42 PM
No, he sold them when he quit the sport.

:/ thats right.. sadly i think only one of our teammates still plays but i havent spoken to him since begining of the school year.

Hoppy11
04-16-2008, 05:43 AM
It must be pretty ragged out, and does the durango have a hemi?

No Hemi. The car doesn't seem ragged out.. Him and his dad have always been into cars and they are both very knowledgeable. They have been working the car for awhile and from my stand point it isn't very ragged out and is in good running order.

DisIsMyUsername
04-16-2008, 06:06 AM
wtf. hands free driving?

lol you cant complain about traffic, I live in Miami..and drive a stick shift. it becomes 2nd nature honestly, it never bothers me

battlechaser
04-16-2008, 03:20 PM

There's nothing wrong with auto, technically they are more consistant (for drag racing).

Hoppy11
04-17-2008, 06:56 AM
There's nothing wrong with auto, technically they are more consistant (for drag racing).

Yes, but if you are a good driver, manual is much better for any type of racing.

XSiv Force
04-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Im in the middle with the trans....my chevelle is auto where as my corvette is manual.......The Cars i drag race one (a 68 Mustang fastback) is manual.... and the second (Pontiac GTO Judge) is automatic... they both keep up well with each other