PDA

View Full Version : Male Breast Cancer

FredPo
02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Well guys, I"m going to get checked out by a doctor for male breast cancer. I have a small lump under my left nipple (which may just be gyno from puberty) and chances are that I don't have it since the average age of males with breast cancer is 65 or older. I don't seem to have any of the other symptoms like a bloody discharge (eww) so I think I"m okay But, I am skeptical of this lump under my chest and I'm going to get it checked out. I'm asking for your prayers guys. Keep me in your prayers.
Thought I would mention this to so you guys keep aware that breast cancer is a possibility for men, so always keep an eye out for any lumps under the nipple. Finding it quickly is the key to survival.
Fred

ricochet08
02-21-2006, 08:13 AM
tru dat pimpin. when my health teacher made us do projects before the end of the semester, someone did breast cancer. then she brought up that males can get it also.
good idea on gettin checked and good job on the quick observation.

good luck

DFSniper
02-21-2006, 08:14 AM
will do, and whatever you do, dont get hit in the chest constantly. all my girl friends tell my thats one of the easiest ways to get it, or make it worse.

QAZ123
02-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Good luck Fred! Keep us updated!

JB.

shunut
02-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Good luck Fred, keep us informed. Unless you have an extensive family history of breast cancer the chances are very unlikely that you have it, I hope those are encouraging words.

Drefish99
02-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Be safe man. You know you are in my prayers.

spyderkid179
02-21-2006, 12:07 PM
dont worry too much, me and my friend both had that. my friedn went to the docter for it and the docter said it would just go away.
Does it feel like a bb under there?

aodsnyper
02-21-2006, 12:22 PM
one of my best friends had his removed when he was young (10-12yrs maybe earlier). he had "gynochlomastia" (sp?) in both breasts/pecks/nipples. he is perfectly fine to this day (28yrs old).

although i think "gynochlomatia" may be a little different... i'm not quite educated in that area.

hope everything turns out for the best.

Justin

FredPo
02-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Good luck Fred, keep us informed. Unless you have an extensive family history of breast cancer the chances are very unlikely that you have it, I hope those are encouraging words.
Thanks guys. Actually, all of this is encouraging. NO one in my whole family has ever had male breast cancer. Let alone, no females have ever had breast cancer. I'm about 98% sure that I don't, but I don't want to just ignore it. I also need to get my dislocated jaw checked out, so Friday will tell the truth. Thanks for all the encouraging words guys, it means a lot.

fred

FredPo
02-21-2006, 02:06 PM
dont worry too much, me and my friend both had that. my friedn went to the docter for it and the docter said it would just go away.
Does it feel like a bb under there?
No, it's a bit bigger then a bb, it's hard to describe. Feels like muscle but not just part of my chest. It may be nothing as my girlfriend and my brother in law couldn't feel what I described.

fred

claustrophobia9
02-21-2006, 02:08 PM
dislocated jaw? what happened there? and hope everything turns out benefitting you (alot of people consider cancer a disease, and rightfully so. but the people who ive known who survive, their lives are changed forever)

FredPo
02-21-2006, 02:14 PM
dislocated jaw? what happened there? and hope everything turns out benefitting you (alot of people consider cancer a disease, and rightfully so. but the people who ive known who survive, their lives are changed forever)
In high school, my friends and I were playing bball and my friend passed the ball, he missed it and it busted me in the jaw hard. I couldn't eat or open my mouth hardly, for three days. This is when I'm guessing it got dislocated.

Fred

defensive77end
02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah...i had something sorta like that...it was nothing at all.

Recon by Fire
02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Don't fear just yet...I have something similar, about the size of a peanut. Went to the doctor and it turned out to be a calcium deposit.

FredPo
02-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Don't fear just yet...I have something similar, about the size of a peanut. Went to the doctor and it turned out to be a calcium deposit.
Yeah, it's about the size of a peanut to be honest. Thanks guys, making me feel better already :)

Fred

bamf-hacker
02-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Fred,

had the same thing on my back. Just an odd fat deposit. They told me I can get rid of it if I wanted, but it was not harming anything. Now I just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger.

You will be fine!

HacKeR

FredPo
02-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Alright guys, just got back from the doc. He says the lump is scar tissue and nothing to be worried about. :) Just thought I'd let ya all know everything's a-ok.

Fred

QAZ123
02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Glad to hear it!

JB.

DFSniper
02-24-2006, 10:37 AM
thats good to know! yesterday i got in an argument with this kid who was insisting that guys cant get breast cancer. i should have taken him into the computer lab and shown him this thread.

FredPo
02-24-2006, 10:39 AM
LOL, yeah it's possible. Chances of males getting it are very low but there's always that chance.

Fred

03TiburonGT
02-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Glad to hear you're cancer free!

Drefish99
02-24-2006, 10:44 AM
:tup: bro :tup: :D Glad to hear you are ok...