PDA

View Full Version : problem with the eyes on virtue board

best of the best
04-11-2008, 11:46 AM
im a new guy and i just brought the virtue board for my spyder vs2, which i love by the way. but back to the point this is what keeps happening.........
when i turn the eyes on a solid blue light appears on the LED. but when i fire the gun the blue light starts to flash but there is no paint or anything else covering the eyes. i hope i didnt pinch the wires on the first day i got the board.:(

P.S.please speak english im a new guy thanks.

king-man
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
explain firing, dry firing, clicking the soliniod(no air) or with a pball in the breach

best of the best
04-11-2008, 02:51 PM
dry firing with no paint and clicking the soliniod

by the way what type of reg do you have im looking to upgrade

king-man
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
i got a cp, works great, i can go a constant 13bps(cuz we usally play psp) and keep my reg at 200 psi, one pf the best recharging, the best ive always heard are SP regs, which i have one for sale(not mine thats why i dont use it)

usally am boards see the delrin but after the first shot see right through it, i dont think there is any thing wrong, but will it fire cocked with eyes on?

best of the best
04-11-2008, 03:22 PM
will i need other things to fit the cp reg to the vs2.....how do u get the foregrip off i just got a blue body kit

it will fire cocked with the eyes on (no paint)are the eyes supposed to light up cuz mine dont........whats the best mode

king-man
04-11-2008, 03:32 PM
hmm, sounds like either you have it on the wrong eye mode, your eyes are messed up( the most likely since they dont light up) i like psp myself, you can tell your nublet friends its on semi but they dont pull the trigger fast enough to get it into ramping;)

on the fore grip, it just turns, since you wont be needing it, i would take a rag and come chanlox to it, the oring is probably dry so its tight,

now on the reg, you need one of two things, A: a new front block($40) or B: an adapter($20-$30)

i would recommend the front block if your not good with drilling/dremmeling holes, if you are, you could get the adapter and drill out the hole on the inside to allow more air flow, the vs series front block has the smallest hole, then the middle is the trinity front block, then the rs series front block with the biggest hole

best of the best
04-11-2008, 03:51 PM
so your sayin that i should get new eyes....cool cuz i was about to just smash it....ill try the psp but i like the auto response also

would you recomend the trinity or rs series frontblock

bigred76
04-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Hmmm, I'd get the Trinity one, or just simply the adapter. It doesn't really make a difference, both will do the same thing!

Ok, I can't find the damned Virtue manual for the VS series board, anyone know where to find it online? I've been to all my normal spots and have come up short.... I don't know the color codes for the Virtue Spyder board, and I don't think my Shocker Virtue manual would work too well with trying to diagnose the Spyder VS Virtue... Normally a solid color means that it's got something breaking the eyes, though. I'd assume that the blinking in the same color means that there isn't anything in the breech, and if it switches to another color it's either in a reduced ROF eye bypass mode, or an eyes off mode.

king-man
04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
trinty, just because you can us a regular reg, with the rs, A: youd have the head ache of finding one, B: you'de still spend the extra $30 for an adapter, maybe on the electra they went back to standard ASA threads

best of the best
04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
since other people say that the eyes pinch easily i might just go with the tadao board

does anyone one know if the tadao board is tournament legal and does it have any upgrades

king-man
04-11-2008, 07:06 PM
of course silly, alot of pro teams use them, the vs board standard has semi, psp, millinuim, capped semi, and 3 rnd burst,

if thats enough then your way ahead with only $48, or you can add $20 and get the m7 software, wich is basically like the virtue, but its drop in which makes it a better deal

bigred76
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
The Tadao is a better deal than the Virtue even without the chip... Virtue is FTL on everything, IMO! The Tadao (pronounced Tah-dow, it's foreign) is one of the best, if not THE best board manufacture in paintball today. The only mode you should need for a Spyder (a rec marker) is the NPPL/uncapped semi, and that board has it, the best eye logic I've used, and some of the best programming I've ever used. ;)

dynastykiller08
04-12-2008, 07:22 AM
^ I second that

king-man
04-12-2008, 09:04 AM
The Tadao (pronounced Tah-dow, it's foreign)

THANK YOU, ive always wondered how you say it, i always pronounced it tay-doe

bigred76
04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I used to call it "Ta-day-oh" until the shop owner gave me a funny look and corrected me. ****, I'm pure American (the mutts we are! :dodgy:), I say stuff the way it looks...

king-man
04-12-2008, 11:30 AM
****, im from kentucky i say it the way i want, it could say egg and ill say country fired chicken for all i care :lol:

nastystankweed
04-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Call virtue up and tell them the problem. They will take youre eyes and fix them for free, ive pinched em 2 times myself.

king-man
04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
you just said something good about virtue in basically a virtue hater thread

best of the best
04-12-2008, 05:16 PM
i loved the virue board especially the full auto mode until the eyes pinched. but now im a Tadao lover.

where can i get the upgrade chip

poker_jake85
04-12-2008, 05:57 PM
The only place I found it was Tadao website. Tadaotechnologies.com

king-man
04-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Here are some links:

Ans Gear (http://www.ansgear.com/Tadao_Spyder_VS_Chip_Upgrade_p/tadaospydervsupgradechip.htm)
Sun Dragon (http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/3373147/4951605.htm)
Im sure there is more, check ebay

VS3 Sniper
04-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I personally have had nothing but bad luck with virtue products. I had a virtue board and viture eyes in my nxt shocker and I got nothing but problems out of it. IMO tadao FTW!

king-man
04-13-2008, 02:05 PM
i wonder if this is the beginning of good relationship between spyder and tadao?? could mean there will be more guns with tadao's or at least the ability to buy a tadao board for any new spyder