PDA

View Full Version : Thought id join in on the new gun trend...

Maxx-Damage
04-09-2008, 07:03 PM
My newest pick up!
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/Maxx-Damage/Paintball/PMR3-1.jpg
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/Maxx-Damage/Paintball/PMR10-1.jpg

Stock PMR SE i picked up for $255 on nation. Only thing wrong supposidly is it leaks between the bolt and the body, so far i havent heard it yet.:D Hopper is a V35 with Rip drive Halo.

timmyshoota
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
PMR SE is the best gun for the money. I loved mine, and I've owned just about every type of gun.

bigred76
04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Lol... Loved it for three days of play before I bought it, Chris! ;)

Man, your camera doesn't like that Proto badge. Turn off flash and use good lighting so we don't get that blue halo around the badge in the pictures. ;)

Nice lookin' one, I had the red/black. Only thing I didn't like was the trigger, but I didn't own mine long enough to fix that.

timmyshoota
04-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Lol... Loved it for three days of play before I bought it, Chris! ;)

Man, your camera doesn't like that Proto badge. Turn off flash and use good lighting so we don't get that blue halo around the badge in the pictures. ;)

Nice lookin' one, I had the red/black. Only thing I didn't like was the trigger, but I didn't own mine long enough to fix that.

3 days? Try 1.

bigred76
04-09-2008, 09:18 PM
So you aren't just a scammer... you're a lying scammer! :dodgy:

Ace24
04-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I'd still take my ION over it.

Nice pickup though.

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2008, 03:12 AM
PMR SE is the best gun for the money. I loved mine, and I've owned just about every type of gun.

Except for the obvious lack of resale value.
If it ever leaks, 9 times /10 it's from the back cap.

Sandman_Bravo
04-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Nice marker you have.

vikingshadow
04-10-2008, 04:28 AM
I wouldn't take Ace's ION over it.

Nice choice. I love mine! I agree with those guys - best gun for the money right now.

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
timmy-thanks, and upgrades i should get?

bigred-idk why my camera did that. Maybe its just a awesome gun!

Ace-ewww Smart parts<Talon<PMR.

Thanks bravo

Vike-thanks to, got any upgrade suggestions that timmy might not suggest?

Ace24
04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
You guys haven't seen my ION since those last pics.

Granted, the stock SP POS that is the ION, doesn't hold a candle to the SE PMR. (I still hate how they feel) But, my ION does.

I still can't get over how uncomfortable a PMR or a Matrix in general feels to me.

battlechaser
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
NDZ Lightened frame (http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/access/newdesignz/matrix.htm) (bottom of the page), and possibly a new trigger, then I'd call it a day.

Possibly a bolt too if you can afford it.

Nice pickup, I've actually wanted a PMR for a while... then I found out apparantly a friend is getting me a wedding present...

Stupid wedding... 6 months away....

DFSniper
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
lol, that has to be the best wedding gift ever!

battlechaser
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
lol, that has to be the best wedding gift ever!

Will post pics when it shows up. ;)

vikingshadow
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
The only upgrade I would suggest, and it's definitely NOT necessary, is to get an UL frame. I think it's the most comfortable frame I've ever held. You get the frame, grips, trigger, and board which has the wireless battery connector that is a HUGE upgrade in itself. Expensive, but worth it, IMO.

Other than that, I don't suggest any upgrades to the PMR SE since it's already got a good barrel, backcap and feedneck.

applesauce
04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
i have a rail with the NDZ kit (trigger, back cap, eye covers, push buttons and clamp feed neck) stock internals. its the greatest gun ever created.....by humans! doesnt need any internal upgrades. I was at a brisk fall tournament here in Minnesota, and every marker was going down from ions and shockers to minis and timmys, but my rail held strong!!

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
NDZ Lightened frame (http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/access/newdesignz/matrix.htm) (bottom of the page), and possibly a new trigger, then I'd call it a day.

Possibly a bolt too if you can afford it.

Nice pickup, I've actually wanted a PMR for a while... then I found out apparantly a friend is getting me a wedding present...

Stupid wedding... 6 months away....

That is the ugliest frame in existance IMO

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
ok, so i think eventually ill upgrade the bolt and eyes. The trigger frame isnt doesnt feel to bad yet, so the UL might just be my "i got it cause i can" thing.

Another question- Should i use Hater Sauce or Dow 33 or stick to Dye Slick lube in it?

DFSniper
04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
IIRC, Hater Sauce is overpriced Dow 33...

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
So just get the SP Sleek lube?

whats IIRC?...

vikingshadow
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I use to use Dow 33 exclusively, but I was having trouble with bolt stick in those sub-40 degree practice days. I got some Shocktech Gun Butta, and haven't had an issue since. I use it on the bolt and the orings in the can and such. However, I stay with Dow 33 for the regulator though. I highly recommend that or Slick Honey.

Don't upgrade the bolt. There isn't a bolt on the market that's better than the stock bolt. You'd actually be taking your gun backwards by installing a new one...

IIRC means If I Remember Correctly.

Btw - I remembered something. If the SE doesn't come with DM detents, get some. There's a big difference between the little nub things that come stock with regular PMRs, and the spring detents that you can get for them.

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Ok, so ill just a tube of Dow33(SP Sleek) and a O-ring kit. i want this leak gone!

HelpDeskHustler
04-10-2008, 05:08 PM
it should come with enough lube to fix a leak. basically you want to lube the rear seal with a fine layer, and the area on the inner portion of the bolt with the same amount, too much prevents it from recocking to a point that prevents airflow out the back cap.

If it's down the barrel your problem is either a dirty bolt front, you should remove the black section and look for dirt/shell. otherwise it's an inner oring problem, check all orings that are mounted to the inside of a tube, lube them. usually the problem is near the beginning of the stem, or midway down.

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Ok, im gonna go take it apart, and lube it up again. Try to find another tank that has some air left in it...

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I swear i have the worst luck.:( So i guess i stopped the bolt/body leak, but then after my tank is at about 800psi, i get this air flow sound from BETWEEN the body and the trigger frame. Did i blow my soleniod? I hope i didnt....:(

ttam13xlpb
04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
its not likely you blew the noid...try adjusting the hpr it could be in or out too far.twist it all the way out and then set it up over the chrono...worked with mine...oh and def. get a ul frame.best feeling frame out there and takes away a ton of headaches that r on the stock fame

SpyderMan723
04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
niceee gun.

my nerve will pwn ur PMR SE tho :dodgy:

Maxx-Damage
04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
niceee gun.

my nerve will pwn ur PMR SE tho :dodgy:

:nutkick: (Green guy is my PMR, yellow is the Nerve...)

thanks ttam, but my problem is i dont have a chrono at the moment. Me and a couple friends just use a handheld one that someone bought. Ill try that. I hope its a simple fix. Dare i ask what headaches of the stock frame you are talking about to?

bigred76
04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I never had any head-aches.... :confused:

Since it's a spool valve, it's just one of the orings. On any marker that comes into me with any leak, I rip down the marker completely and replace every seal. I suggest that you do the same, just to ward off near-future leaks from the same thing.

timmyshoota
04-10-2008, 10:39 PM
I never had any head-aches.... :confused:

Since it's a spool valve, it's just one of the orings. On any marker that comes into me with any leak, I rip down the marker completely and replace every seal. I suggest that you do the same, just to ward off near-future leaks from the same thing.

As great of an idea that sounds like, it doesn't teach you about the marker. Learn to trace the leaks and figure out whats going on. When you're in between games at a tourney and you've got a leak, you don't have time to replace every o-ring. You need to know which one to replace and get back into the game.

VS3 Sniper
04-10-2008, 11:01 PM
:yeahthat: Sorry Tim but I have to agree with Chris.

bigred76
04-11-2008, 12:10 AM
True... I will not argue against that. I'm just of the mind that since it admittedly has a leak, and I know the marker design already, it'd just be best to replace everything and start anew. :shrug:

HelpDeskHustler
04-11-2008, 03:30 AM
take off the trigger frame, screw in the HPR and front mount screw and gas it up. Then if it still sounds like it's near the noid, unscrew the screws around it, check the seals for chips and then relube and reapply the noid. don't over tighten the screws, you can crack the noid.

Maxx-Damage
04-11-2008, 07:22 AM
I figured out the noid leak, i think. I found a tank in my bro's gear, but only had like 800 so i didnt have enough time to find it. Gotta go get my tanks to find the leak...

Ace24
04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Could have gotten an ION and put a Lucky Stage 5.1 or the GC on it and I bet you wouldn't have these problems... :p

Would have cost less for a comparable, better designed gun.

vikingshadow
04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
:rolleyes:

He could have gotten a DM8 or an Ego brand new and not have these problems. The gun was used, for crying out loud. Of course it might have some issues. BUT, this problem is very fixable, and I'm gonna have to disagree with the Ion being a comparable, better designed gun. You can't compare a stock Ion to this gun in anything but price. I don't care if it feels better to someone, because that's something different. If you bring up the upgrades part, well then that kills your better design part because this gun doesn't really even NEED upgrades. I realize this is all opinion, but I'm just saying...Yes, I've played with and tech'd Ions extensively, and yes, I know my own gun inside and out.

Now, what he needs to here are solutions, not "You should have gotten..." I agree with figuring out which oring it is and replacing it. However, if you can't seem to pinpoint it, what I found was that the stock orings were garbage on mine. I just replaced them all and it took care of all the little things that was going on with the gun.

Ace24
04-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I didn't say a stock ION is comparable.

What I meant by design is that it is a better concept but put together with the wrong, cheap parts.

You can build an ION for cheaper then this gun and it'll be just as good, if not better.

I'm done.

Maxx-Damage
04-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Vike what would be a good O-ring kit to get? A Proto medium repair kit? Trinity kit? or something else that u could link me to? Right now i might just get the kit form Oring monkey.com

ttam13xlpb
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
id go with the proto parts kit...plus you get other parts just incase.

and an ion doesnt have a chance of competing w/ the pmr..ive owned/used both and worked on both and my conclusion is PMR>ION anyday

and as for the "headaches" of the stock frame..the battery harness is terrible and the dip switch is in a harder to get to place.and the buttons go everywhere if your not careful.plus the ul frame is the best feeling frame out there.

EDIT:...WARNING if you ever go the the ul frame you will never like the feel of a stock frame pmr again

battlechaser
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Vike what would be a good O-ring kit to get? A Proto medium repair kit? Trinity kit? or something else that u could link me to? Right now i might just get the kit form Oring monkey.com

As far as I know Faith Alone gives out PMR oring kits on his site. You should maybe hit him up on there.

vikingshadow
04-11-2008, 03:25 PM

I actually get all my orings from a local joint around here. Much cheaper and they have all the good ones...If you have a pipeline company or some such place where you live, get them from there - much better quality and you can usually get many more kits from much cheaper.

Weird thing though. I found that the sizes they give and the oring chart is a bit off. I go a size larger and get MUCH better seals, Could just be me, though.

Ace, I'm really not trying to bust your chops. I'm just saying that you keep saying how your UPGRADED Ion is better (or comparable), but the thing is, it has to be upgraded to reach that status. What I'm saying is that if you HAVE to upgrade the Ion to be as good as the stock PMR, to me, that in itself makes the Ion a worse design, though adaptable to become much more, but much less comparable to a gun that is that good out of the box. Sure, the difference in cost is made up by the quality of parts between the two guns (and those used by the two companies) but sometimes, better is just better, IMO. When you talk about customizing, the Ion has the PMR beat, hands down. But straight out of the box, the PMR starts off, and IMO, stays ahead of the Ion.

Now, trust me, I'm not a PMR fanboy by no means. I'd really love to have a PM7 or a DM7, or even my Shocker back to working correctly. However, I'll shoot whatever's convenient and love it, no matter what. I just think that when someone says that one gun is better than the other, without any leeway for opinion, then it needs to be discussed.

Again, not trying to argue - just trying to get the jumbled thoughts out of my head. Sorry to take this off topic so much - I'll stop now as well!

Maxx-Damage
04-11-2008, 06:37 PM
As far as I know Faith Alone gives out PMR oring kits on his site. You should maybe hit him up on there.
Wait, he gives em out for free? Got a link?:D

Aight, so just go to a local hardware store, and find the sizes. cool

HelpDeskHustler
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Ask druid how many shots per fill he gets on a 68 (specify that... he owns a 114 and likes to do stats with that... wierdo ;)) on his ion then see how many a pmr gets and then talk.

DFSniper
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Wait, he gives em out for free? Got a link?:D

Aight, so just go to a local hardware store, and find the sizes. cool

http://ballersforchrist.org/freeorings.html

vikingshadow
04-11-2008, 07:55 PM
We have this place around here that my friend and I call "Area 51" because they have awesome orings and incredible places. That, and we don't want everyone at the field to know where it's at so we can be the oring kings, hahaha! If you want, I could probably pick up a set or more of bolt orings for you (not sure what the regulator orings are). Let me know!

Maxx-Damage
04-12-2008, 06:40 AM
Im going to a non-local "Pro-Shop" today. Its almost an hr away i hope they can help. Didnt wanna resort to this.:(

bigred76
04-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Why? PM me your problem exactly first.

xSoulsx
04-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I have that same exact gun...Lol

Its a sick gun