PDA

View Full Version : Battery Issue

jacx3
04-09-2008, 06:49 PM
the problem is that whenever i turn on the MR2, the light is green and after 1 shot w/o gas or balls, the light starts flashing green. the battery is brand new and I let it charge for 6 hours. The manual says the U.S. version will have a red light on while charging and green when fully charged. Mine is a US version but the light doest not light up while charging. When i turn on the gun into either firing mode, the light is red for half a second and then turns green. Do i need a new battery or is this supposed to be like this. If i need a new battery i might just buy a regular 9V if my local shop doesn't have a spyder battery.

BTW the marker is a MR2 w/ EYES

OOOOO......Someone correct me if im wrong......Wow im really stupid. I didnt read the entire thing. It's the light on the ac adapter and not the marker itself that turns red/green when charging.
Well thats one thing out the way.
Anyone know anything about the green light flashing on the marker after 1 shot?

slim and shady
04-09-2008, 07:38 PM
The new mr2 W/eyes have a very loose charging port and you have to wiggle the connecter around a bit till you see the light is on now you dont touch it till its green. I had the same problem.

ViperX
04-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Flashing light on your marker usually tends to mean that the battery is low and it needs to be recharged. Did you let it charge initially all the way to full capacity or were you too excited to play with it and not let it charge completely?

If you still have problems, I would look at getting the battery replaced.

jacx3
04-10-2008, 01:06 PM
I did let it charge for a while and then removed it and dry fired a few shots to see how loud it really is and thats about it.

Another problem im having is that the battery is exposed. The battery seems to be a little big and pushes the cover out and you can see a little of the battery.

slim and shady
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
on the stock board the light blinks green when there is an eye malfunction like firing it with no paint. It will blink red if your battery is dying. Read your manual its all in there.

jimbo001
04-12-2008, 09:50 AM
the problem is that whenever i turn on the MR2, the light is green and after 1 shot w/o gas or balls, the light starts flashing green. the battery is brand new and I let it charge for 6 hours. The manual says the U.S. version will have a red light on while charging and green when fully charged. Mine is a US version but the light doest not light up while charging. When i turn on the gun into either firing mode, the light is red for half a second and then turns green. Do i need a new battery or is this supposed to be like this. If i need a new battery i might just buy a regular 9V if my local shop doesn't have a spyder battery.

BTW the marker is a MR2 w/ EYES

OOOOO......Someone correct me if im wrong......Wow im really stupid. I didnt read the entire thing. It's the light on the ac adapter and not the marker itself that turns red/green when charging.
Well thats one thing out the way.
Anyone know anything about the green light flashing on the marker after 1 shot?

You might want to check the female connection terminals on the battery and on the harness. I thought my battery was history but all i needed to do was "snug-up" the female terminal on the battery itself and on the harness. Just was not making a good tight connection. I used needle nose pliers to very gently close up the female connectors for a tighter connection. Just take care not to "short" the battery by allowing the pliers to touch the other terminal as you proceed. That WILL waste your battery.