PDA

View Full Version : Vs3 Gas Leak Solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GhIlLiEmAn
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey there, all you who seem to be having trouble with your brand-new VS3s (or veteran VS3s for that matter) leaking gas! I tried this and it seemed to work, so I am passing the knowledge on to you! Try to replace the cup seal. It seemed that mine had corroded slightly and thus was letting gas flow freely through. Hope it works!

Hossy
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forums!
Congrats on finding the problem out. Usually leaks have to do with the cup seal or a bad Oring.

GhIlLiEmAn
04-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks. It took me forever to find it, and I was so frustrated that I was on the verge of getting an Ion instead.

king-man
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
save a rock, throw an ion

(phew got rid of 666 on posts)

toneedo
04-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Can you point out or post a picture to show where the cup seal is..im having the same leak problem and its driving me nuts!

bigred76
04-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Take out the front most screw on the underside of the body while holding the thing with the foregrip to the body. When the screw is out, carefully release the foregrip mount and take it off of the body. Pull out the spring and the pin from the marker's body. The pin has a little delrin piece on it, that's the cupseal.

GhIlLiEmAn
07-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah, if you check in the manual you got with your Vs3, it should be in there, about halfway through. They give complete step-by step instructions, plus really handy pics showing you what goes where.

Griff
07-29-2008, 09:39 PM
The leak can also happen if you over tighten the Vale screw at the bottom of your marker, try just backing it out a touch.

VS3mod
09-09-2008, 10:53 AM
another thing that i have noticed on all three of my Spyders (including my VS3) is that the best course of action to do when you get one is to teflon all of the threads that are in places of pressure (hoses, fittings for macroline) this prevents even small leaks from occuring