PDA

View Full Version : Imagine 2004/Digital LED/Victor IV Sight Rail

NZPballer
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi,

I notice that there is some kind of sight rail on the 2004 Imagine markers but not a standard one. Does anyone know what sort of red dot sight would fit on these?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2570547 has photos of the marker and its rail. It's milled into the body but definitely not a weaver/picatinny nor is it an airgun/.22 style rail.

Preferably a cheap sight!

Thanks.

Critical
04-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm pretty sure that it's cosmetic milling, and is not any standard rail size. Secondly, the milling is only about 1 1/2 inches long, which would be too short to mount a sight with any stability.

NZPballer
04-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

What sort of sight options are there? A whole bunch of people in my group have these and prefer woodsball. Maybe some kind of non-standard fiber optic sight? Sight rail adapter? Superglue?

Critical
04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
IMO a paintball sight is mostly for looking more mil-sim, although I do have one on my tactical marker. In terms of using one, it might help when you're shooting long range, or if you're trying to locate very precise shots, but then it only helps if you've actually ranged-in the scope.

bigred76
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM
IMO... it's only useful in pump play. Otherwise, when shooting a string of shots with a semi-automatic marker it does ya no good. You COULD JB Weld a sight rail onto it, but I would highly suggest against it.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
i think RAP4 makes spyder offset rail adapters for spyders.