PDA

View Full Version : MR2, Best Balls?

jimbo001
04-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Mr2, no eyes, broken in bolt. Recocks as it should. Halo B rip-V35. C02 remote. Still would like recomendation on a paint ball with a somewhat thicker shell to further resist possible chops. Currently using Marbs.
Any info greatly appreciated.

bigred76
04-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Marbs are good, but I prefer RPS Premiums and Evil. Those are thin shelled, to get more breaks on an opponent. With thick shelled paint, you get WAY more bounces for your shots, so it's a toss-up. If you prefer to bonus-ball and not ever chop, get thicker shelled paint than Marbs. If you're up to the risk of chopping (shouldn't happen with a HaloB), then get higher quality paint.

jimbo001
04-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Marbs are good, but I prefer RPS Premiums and Evil. Those are thin shelled, to get more breaks on an opponent. With thick shelled paint, you get WAY more bounces for your shots, so it's a toss-up. If you prefer to bonus-ball and not ever chop, get thicker shelled paint than Marbs. If you're up to the risk of chopping (shouldn't happen with a HaloB), then get higher quality paint.

Im aware of the "bounce" problem. It is still possible to chop with a Halo or any hopper when you are firing full auto and on your last 5 or 10 balls in the hopper. (if you do not have "eyes"). Also, another reason for thicker shelled paint is that I play woodsball and it seems to me that a thicker shell paint is more likely to get through light bush without a break. So.... same question: Which paint is known to have a thicker shell?

bigred76
04-08-2008, 01:15 PM
If you were firing in the proper, insurance legal semi-auto, that wouldn't be a problem, now would it? ;)

You want a thick shell, get Walmart Bonus Balls. It stains, it bounces, and it will never do anything good for you but not get chops. Also, "Winter Forumlated" paint is thicker shelled than regular paint if you can find it, and almost every brand has some of it that they make every winter season.

jimbo001
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Don"t know about insurrance and "legal" matters.
Were playing "woodsball" with friends on private property.
But thanks for the imput. Like I said, any info is appreciated....even yours.

KingTutBaller
04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Visible Impacts from Walmart aren't too bad for woodsball/your setup, if you're going that route. If you're using Marbs, you've got a superior ball than the Impacts...and I'd stick with those, unless your chopping becomes terrible, and at that point I'd try looking at your marker before switching paintballs, but I -do- support visible impacts for rec games, they do their job :D hope that gave some insight

bigred76
04-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Your welcome.

What I mean by "insurance" and "legal" matters is that if you were to pull that "full-auto" **** on a legal field, you would be removed. Immediately. Insurance companies do not allow full auto of any sort (except in specified tournament occurrences, which the fields pay dearly for in insurance), as it has a high-risk of injury as compared to a semi-automatic limited field.

Also, Visible Impact is a staining paint as I said. Enjoy trying to clean off your gear after a day of play with that...

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
It is still possible to chop with a Halo or any hopper when you are firing full auto and on your last 5 or 10 balls in the hopper.

watch your paint! as long as you're reloaded, you shouldnt have a problem with blowback. even if you did have eyes and you get blowback, not shooting a ball would almost be as bad as chopping. i cap my stock board when i shoot, yet i've never broken a ball due to hopper feeding problems because i always keep it loaded. if you're in a middle of a shootout, it doesnt matter if you chop or run out of paint, either way you're SOL and it originated from the same problem: not enough paint in your hopper.

slim and shady
04-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Your welcome.

What I mean by "insurance" and "legal" matters is that if you were to pull that "full-auto" **** on a legal field, you would be removed. Immediately. Insurance companies do not allow full auto of any sort (except in specified tournament occurrences, which the fields pay dearly for in insurance), as it has a high-risk of injury as compared to a semi-automatic limited field.

Also, Visible Impact is a staining paint as I said. Enjoy trying to clean off your gear after a day of play with that...

But some feilds still alow it legaly right as long as they pay more? the feild I go to alows it, hopefuly legaly to!

The paint I prefure is Draxxus rec sport. hope that helps

bigred76
04-08-2008, 05:15 PM
But some feilds still alow it legaly right as long as they pay more? the feild I go to alows it, hopefuly legaly to!

The paint I prefure is Draxxus rec sport. hope that helps

They shouldn't be allowing it unless it's in their contract with their insurance company, directly stated. Good luck getting your hands on that, though! Lol! Otherwise, I'd assume it's an on-the-field decision by inexperienced refs (they'd have to be if they don't know), an outlaw field, or the people that run the field are idiots and don't know what their contract says.

longbal30
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
look like someone has some full auto flashback issues........anyway what is the problem with full auto? the mr2 is capped at like 14-15 bps in full auto, I know alot of people who can match or even beat it in semi auto. its just more paint flying around. it doesnt hit any harder and sure isnt any more accurate, so whats the problem. and if it is such a risky factor than why do manufactures (who would be at the most risk) offer it as stock features?

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
and if it is such a risky factor than why do manufactures (who would be at the most risk) offer it as stock features?

because they can. and its not that its a risk factor, just that with all the legalities, most insurance companies don't like the way "full auto" sounds.

longbal30
04-08-2008, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=bigred76;194052]They shouldn't be allowing it unless it's in their contract with their insurance company, directly stated. Good luck getting your hands on that, though! Lol! Otherwise, I'd assume it's an on-the-field decision by inexperienced refs (they'd have to be if they don't know), an outlaw field, or the people that run the field are idiots and don't know what their contract says.[/QUOTE

I can understand the insurance junk, but it seems bigred has other issues with it.

Lonus
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I have never heard of an injury that resulted from full auto fire. With ramping does the semi/full auto debate still have any merit. It comes down to respecting the people you play with. Don't over shoot someone just because you can. Anyway Nelson hot spot works alright for me. It is very thick shelled. It is good for punching a whole through brush. The cheep zap stuff isn't bad either. Just make sure you check the shell color. The blue won't work with my halo. My setup is the same as yours except I also have a t-board install. At 25 bps I have not chopped one ball in two cases.

bigred76
04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I can understand the insurance junk, but it seems bigred has other issues with it.

Why yes, I do. :) Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. That being said: I can, and don't. Why? Semi-automatic is perfectly fair to play with on all grounds, and my markers of such a caliber (meaning quality, not the bore of the gun! :rolleyes:) that I do not need it. Even when I downgrade to play rec with new players, I don't need it still. Full auto is a crutch that new players use to keep up with older, experienced players like myself that have put a decent investment into QUALITY gear, that can shoot faster than a Spyder on full auto in a semi-auto setting. Am I comparing an MR2 to my Cyborg or Traccer? Bet yer skippy ass I am! Doesn't matter what gun you shoot, you're still utilizing an unneeded crutch that is wrongly thought to put you on an even footing. Do I need ramping or fully automatic to own people with my stock Traccer? Nope. I've played and learned enough in this sport that I have found it entirely worthless in any sort of play that the average paintballer will take part in, and am vehemently against the use of it in any sort of rec play.

Does that go for tournament series as well? No, not fully. The tournament series that use ramping and full auto are enjoyable to me as a spectator and player, as they are very fast-paced. I enjoy, occasionally, playing those kind of games to get my blood pumping. They are more closely monitored, as well, than some outlaw game (which, btw, is completely illegal in most states, even on private property!) that does not check BPS or FPS to insure the safe playing of the people partaking in the game. That alone is enough to irk me beyond reason!

It's people like that, who do not care for the safety aspect, that give the sport a "bad rep" and the injury rate that it has. If it weren't for idiots, it wouldn't have the less than 1% it has, it'd have almost NIL. I mean, come on... 300fps = 200mph. Think of the mass and the force that is being transfered to the player when a hit occurs at velocities higher than that. I'm not in any way saying that I am weak of heart, merely that it can and does leave lasting welts that hurt like mother ****ers... If not shoot out their damn eye! Paintball is an organized sport, and as such, utilizes refs and rules. Where are those on an outlaw field?

Why do manufactures incorporate it, you ask? Easy, plain, and simple: nubes love it. I said the "N" word, sue me! :eek: It's true. When any run of the mill player starts playing, they see the ROF's that the people who invest properly into the sport can maintain, and INSTANTLY assume that it MUST be fully automatic. As an experienced player, it really starts to irk me after a while with the idiocy surrounding the issue.

No joke, the last time I went to the field with my Alias, I had some idiot with an E99 Avant run up to me all breathless and **** before the second game of the day when I was reloading pods and filling up air. First words out of his mouth: "Are you a pro? You're shooting full auto, and I don't like it!" I hand him my Alias, in NPPL mode (15bps semi-auto) to him, and he proceeds to dry fire it. Guess what his next, brilliant statement was.... "how'd you do that? you have a cheater board in here????" I have those idiots come up to me every time I play, simply because they're new to the sport or they just don't pay attention or care to pay attention to how I'm shooting; they're just hearing me lane someone and going "OMG, he'z shootingz teh full autoz!?!!" :dodgy: No matter what I said, he didn't believe me. During the next game, I noticed that he was shooting faster than he was the previous game. Pulled him over to ask him how he'd improved so quickly, and the answer was easily given in the form of looking at his dipswitches. The little *** decided to "put it on fully automatic to match [me] and [my] fully automatic." :rolleyes: Is this an isolated issue? Nope, has happened many times before in the time I've been playing, even back to the days I owned my first mechanical Autococker.

If you can't understand what I'm saying, then why are you playing? Really, honestly: what is SOOooooo hard to understand about this fully automatic issue? Don't use it, and I won't verbally ream your ass out for being an idiot. Not enough to satisfy you? Talk to ANY veteran player here on these boards or on any other forum, and they'll tell you the same thing, if not as well said as me (*pats self on back*). Don't ask your local buddies you ball with every day, they are merely just as lost as you if you believe that fully automatic is truly a "legal" and acceptable mode. It's not.

Lonus... I can't agree more on the overshooting issue. But... from getting burned by idiot new players that do not understand the rules of the game (hit = OUT), I shoot until they call themselves out. I don't hear it, I don't see it.... you must not be out yet, and I will continue shooting until you do put up your hands or yell "out." Harsh? Not really, just playing the game how it's meant to be played, and expecting new players to do what new players do best: not follow the rules. Is that a generalization? Yeah, and I'm sticking by it until that 1/Million player comes along and proves me wrong.

As far as your list of paints... ALL stain! ZAP is world-renowned for it and Nelson's unfortunately unknown that it does it. Doesn't make sense to me that you care enough for the other player to not add more welts, but not enough to make sure his clothing and gear doesn't get stained as well! :confused:

TL;DR: I don't give a ****. Read it, and learn.

I'm tired and it's starting to hurt my fingers, otherwise I'd expand on the subject. Enjoy the read.

jimbo001
04-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Visible Impacts from Walmart aren't too bad for woodsball/your setup, if you're going that route. If you're using Marbs, you've got a superior ball than the Impacts...and I'd stick with those, unless your chopping becomes terrible, and at that point I'd try looking at your marker before switching paintballs, but I -do- support visible impacts for rec games, they do their job :D hope that gave some insight

Thanks very much KingTutBaller,
The "Visible Impacts" sound interesting although I was hoping to find a paint more simular in overall quality to the Marbs but with a somewhat "tuffer" shell.
I have used Marbilizer in my A5s for quit a while and I think they are great for that marker. However, this MR2 is a different animal it seems. I have throughly broken-in the so called "anti-chop" bolt and found the right combination between the main spring and bolt spring so that it no longer uncocks in any fire mode. In fact it will now recock every time if I block the feed port to simulate a misfeed. Tried different bolts (Alamo City) valve body(32 Degree) ect. I believe I have the marker as tuned as is possible for what it is without going to air. As suggested previusly, my Halo B Rip v35 has no problem keeping up with this MR2. However, all of the above is still no garentee it wont "chop" a paint ball on a misfeed if Im almost out of paint and still on the trigger. Obviously getting of the trigger at the first dry fire would be the logical move but sometimes easer said than done when your in a full on shoot out. HA! But what great fun we'r havin! Anyway, just thought it would be nice to have a little thicker, tuffer shell ball for this MR2 for maybe a little insurrance against a misfeed chop.

I do appreciate your input and please feel free to add any further suggestions and recomendations you may have regarding paint and the MR2.

jimbo001
04-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I have never heard of an injury that resulted from full auto fire. With ramping does the semi/full auto debate still have any merit. It comes down to respecting the people you play with. Don't over shoot someone just because you can. Anyway Nelson hot spot works alright for me. It is very thick shelled. It is good for punching a whole through brush. The cheep zap stuff isn't bad either. Just make sure you check the shell color. The blue won't work with my halo. My setup is the same as yours except I also have a t-board install. At 25 bps I have not chopped one ball in two cases.

Thank you Lonus.
Exactly the kind of info I was hopping to get.
Best regards

jimbo001
04-09-2008, 12:27 AM
watch your paint! as long as you're reloaded, you shouldnt have a problem with blowback. even if you did have eyes and you get blowback, not shooting a ball would almost be as bad as chopping. i cap my stock board when i shoot, yet i've never broken a ball due to hopper feeding problems because i always keep it loaded. if you're in a middle of a shootout, it doesnt matter if you chop or run out of paint, either way you're SOL and it originated from the same problem: not enough paint in your hopper.

Yup! Good input. Thanks much. What would you suggest as a high quality thick shelled paint to penitrate light bush?

Lonus
04-09-2008, 03:40 AM
The blue shell/ blue fill Zap can stain this is true. Zap has heavy nasty fill. I would stick with the lighter colored fill. I have never had Nelson stain.

Ace24
04-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Nelson does stain.

On to what Tim (Red) was talking about in his TL:DR...

...Burst and Fully automatic are ILLEGAL. Insurance doesn't cover it on any field, therefore making it illegal. If you shoot it on our field, you get kicked out. ESPECIALLY if you're using it in the beginner group.

KingTutBaller
04-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Canada, (or at least in my part), must have some different laws than where you're coming from, fields allow full auto around here. I'm Not endorsing it, just saying that it's not as black and white and it's being said by people in this thread.

bigred76
04-10-2008, 06:10 PM
It is as black and white as I and others have said. Stop trying to add color to a black subject. It'll just turn it **** brown.

Lonus
04-10-2008, 06:36 PM
This is the MR2 section of the forum right. I thought for a minute I was in the hammer section.

Ace24
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Canada, (or at least in my part), must have some different laws than where you're coming from, fields allow full auto around here. I'm Not endorsing it, just saying that it's not as black and white and it's being said by people in this thread.

Are you playing at real fields? Or are you playing at woodsball fields that are put together by people and are almost considered "outlaw?"

bigred76
04-10-2008, 07:05 PM
This is the MR2 section of the forum right. I thought for a minute I was in the hammer section.

A very keen observation! The Hammer forums would be down in the "Pump" section, about three forum sections down from this. ;)

slim and shady
04-10-2008, 07:16 PM

Im not trying to get in the way of anything here but im in Canada to and the corses i have played at here even the main corse I play at (YGP.ca if you wanna check it out) allow auto and burst. Thats why I prompted the question "Can some corses leagaly have it?" I think it will have to be something i ask Branden about (The corse owner)

I agree that IMO full auto is a Noob kinda thing or at least a very fast fleeting novelty. I dont mind the full auto however so long is it is on a corse with refs and chronos, and the people that are using them are awear of a player calling out. I dont use full auto havnt for a very long time, however i must admit i like to tinker with all the different firing modes my new board has to offer in the back yard.

So why do corses in canada alow full auto and the states have it banned?

KingTutBaller
04-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Are you playing at real fields? Or are you playing at woodsball fields that are put together by people and are almost considered "outlaw?"

real fields. insured fields.

bigred76
04-12-2008, 12:37 AM
He's in Canada... They have different laws than the US (obviously). Same moral and intellectual rules still apply, IMO....

Lonus
04-12-2008, 08:33 AM
To farther highjack this thread..... This "real field" idea is the most snobbish thing I have heard in a while. 80% of paintball is still played in the woods. This may not be the case on the left coast but it is for the rest of the country. This area of the forum is for the MR2. Which is a milsim woodsball marker by all accounts? It comes standard with burst and auto. There have been a few comments that seem like put downs to most of the people who are likely to be reading this part of the forum.

slim and shady
04-12-2008, 09:03 AM
there are people who use it for speedball as well. Im not thinkin that the issue ever was what the MR2 is used for woodsball or not. I havnt came across anything that I would think to be put downs to MR2 users in this thread either (least I hopw not I have 2). i think plain and simply it has bein an ego battle, the one thing im going to point out however is that eachtime a forum noob starts a verbal altracation with a more vetern member it just lessons his or her chances of getting help from ANY vetern member. Although you may not always agree withthe advice givin to you it is good advice none the less (Im not refuring to anything in this full auto topic). So keep that in mind when your wondering what the heck is wrong with your gun and why no one will answear your questions. You may not think it but the older members all stick together, I personaly think its reason enough to "stay in check". Were all here to help eachother if the answear givin isnt the one you were hopping or looking for big deal, that is not reason enough to take it to the next leavel. Everytime these altractions are started it ruins it a little more for everyone else. If you have a problem with a member you wanna take up do it through pm and save the rest of us from having to deal with it, and its after effects.

bigred76
04-12-2008, 10:37 AM
:yeahthat: Damn straight us OG's stick together. Done it since before the boards first went down, and this forum became SOC. I'm (unfortunately) one of the vets that's sticking around in threads like this, still trying to offer advice to those whom are still lost, even if it does come in a more offensive tone. Your attitude is kindly returned by me. ;)

To Lonus: "Real" fields are those with established rules, well trained and well respected refs, and follow the standards of the game called "paintball."

As far as location, that has nothing to do with this arguement, it's completely irrelevant. The only real difference in the paintball where I live, in the heart of Silicon Valley, is that the Iron Kidz formed at the field 15min from me, and there's about 5 fields in a 30min radius. This is the heart of paintball. Where you live, you most likely have never seen that luxury, and thus are so offensive when I call you on it. You normally don't realize you've been sitting in rubbish the whole time until you're called on it. It's no reason to go on the offensive, it's merely a reality check.

If you want respect, make the field safer and thus ultimately more enjoyable for the people playing it. Buy a chrono graph, elect refs each game, and follow the rules. It's not that hard!

EDIT: Almost forgot! Lonus, I don't give a **** what kind of a paintball marker it is, it's still a paintball marker, and thus should go by the same standards as the rest of us who do!

Lonus
04-12-2008, 12:24 PM
This will be my final post on this matter. Bigred.. You are very knowledgeable and I appreciate your willingness to share that with this forum. That being said. This disagreement doesn’t seem to be about full auto or semi. It seems to be about two different styles of paintball. You are in the speedball Mecca of the world without a doubt. Most of us are not. I am guessing that most readers of the MR2 forum are woodsball players like me. I would also venture to guess that a high percentage of us woodsballers play on private property with friends. The need for refs diminishes when you play with friends. We don't have to worry about punk kids blazing away overshooting with full auto markers. It doesn't happen. We self police. I fully agree that all markers should be velocity checked regardless were you are playing. Playing at public fields is altogether different then playing on private property. Not better, but different. Outlaw ball or woodsball is paintball. It is were paintball started and were most of it is still played. I have nothing against speedball or "legal woodsball" at "real fields", it's just not much of an option for me. I visit 3 or 4 real fields a year for "big games". While I am there I abide by their rules. Your idea of "real paintball" is not my idea of real paintball. I assure you we play at a very high level. We have several players with a great deal of "real" training in force on force and small squad tactics. Your idea of real paintball is not a higher form of paintball, but rather a different form. Like I said in my original post it is a matter of respect. All I ask is that you respect different types of paintball that might not be your own. :)

slim and shady
04-12-2008, 12:26 PM
well put

DFSniper
04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Now it may seem that I'm picking sides, but Tim (bigred) and I just happen to share the same mindset. When I started out playing, in North Carolina (so I guess that would count me as an "east coast" player), we did 99% of our games in the woods, and the rare 1% at the local field. At least half of us had e-framed Spyders, but I guess you guys would call it a moral thing, because we had an unspoken rule that we would only play in semi. That didn't mean that we took our tourney lock jumpers out, just that we wouldn't switch modes in a game. Now, its been a few years, but at 14, we were smart enough to realize that not only did it give us an unfair advantage over the younger kids and mech kids we played with, but it also would cut down on unnecessary bonus-balling. I don't know the ages of the people that you guys play with, but there's always the chance that someone could get a little trigger happy. I guess its just a moral thing, but personally, I would never play full auto, even if everyone else did.

bigred76
04-12-2008, 12:54 PM
This will be my final post on this matter. Bigred.. You are very knowledgeable and I appreciate your willingness to share that with this forum.
Yer welcome. ;)

That being said. This disagreement doesn’t seem to be about full auto or semi. It seems to be about two different styles of paintball. You are in the speedball Mecca of the world without a doubt. Most of us are not.
No doubt!

I am guessing that most readers of the MR2 forum are woodsball players like me. I would also venture to guess that a high percentage of us woodsballers play on private property with friends. The need for refs diminishes when you play with friends.

Been there, done that, still think otherwise. You need refs no matter what the case. It makes it easier on everyone involved in the game.

We don't have to worry about punk kids blazing away overshooting with full auto markers. It doesn't happen. We self police. I fully agree that all markers should be velocity checked regardless were you are playing. Playing at public fields is altogether different then playing on private property. Not better, but different.

And again, I beg to differ. It is illegal to play on private land without a permit all across the United States, and since "real" fields are legal, that is better in my mind. I don't like the idea of my gear being taken by some cop because I was stupid enough to think that the "private land" title protected me.

Outlaw ball or woodsball is paintball. It is were paintball started and were most of it is still played. I have nothing against speedball or "legal woodsball" at "real fields", it's just not much of an option for me. I visit 3 or 4 real fields a year for "big games". While I am there I abide by their rules. Your idea of "real paintball" is not my idea of real paintball.

Very correct. I've been around long enough to sample everything that the sport has to offer short of a 24/48hr scenario game, by the way.

I assure you we play at a very high level. We have several players with a great deal of "real" training in force on force and small squad tactics. Your idea of real paintball is not a higher form of paintball, but rather a different form.

A different form is right! I won't go and bash the hell out of this "tactical" sh..tuff you're talking about, but I do not feel that it is the proper way to play the sport. You are entitled to your opinion just as much as I am entitled to bash it around. ;) That's the great thing about America!

As for a "higher level," I have an ego the size of the universe, so of course I play the higher level. I strive for perfection in the sport, and normally win every day I set foot on the field.

Like I said in my original post it is a matter of respect. All I ask is that you respect different types of paintball that might not be your own. :)

Illegal paintball will never have any respect from me. Sorry. That's just how I work.

I'll leave it at that if you will. Agreed? :)

Lonus
04-12-2008, 01:11 PM
"And again, I beg to differ. It is illegal to play on private land without a permit all across the United States, and since "real" fields are legal, that is better in my mind. I don't like the idea of my gear being taken by some cop because I was stupid enough to think that the "private land" title protected me."

This may be a location thing. But there is no legal issue for me in rural Indiana. Trust me half the guys I play are in law enforcement.

Other wise I agree to leave it alone.:)

bigred76
04-12-2008, 03:30 PM
You're not getting off the hook that easily... This is all straight from the Indiana State website.

Page 6: http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar41/ch1.pdf

"Deadly weapon" defined
Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b), "deadly weapon"
means the following:
(1) A loaded or unloaded firearm.
(2) A destructive device, weapon, device, taser (as defined in
IC 35-47-8-3) or electronic stun weapon (as defined in
IC 35-47-8-1), equipment, chemical substance, or other material
that in the manner it is used, or could ordinarily be used, or is
intended to be used, is readily capable of causing serious bodily
injury.
(3) An animal (as defined in IC 35-46-3-3) that is:
(A) readily capable of causing serious bodily injury; and
(B) used in the commission or attempted commission of a
crime.
(4) A biological disease, virus, or organism that is capable of
causing serious bodily injury.
(b) The term does not include:
(1) a taser (as defined in IC 35-47-8-3);
(2) an electronic stun weapon (as defined in IC 35-47-8-1);
(3) a chemical designed to temporarily incapacitate a person; or
(4) another device designed to temporarily incapacitate a
person;
if the device described in subdivisions (1) through (4) is used by a
law enforcement officer who has been trained in the use of the device
and who uses the device in accordance with the law enforcement
officer's training and while lawfully engaged in the execution of
official duties.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.318-1985,
SEC.1; P.L.140-1994, SEC.4; P.L.156-2001, SEC.8; P.L.123-2002,
SEC.33; P.L.143-2006, SEC.1.

If you don't know what that means... think of it this way. Paintball marker = deadly weapon. You + shooting paintball gun + hitting someone with a ball = assault with a deadly weapon, UNLESS you waive that right by signing a release waiver given to you at an established paintball field.

And, just for something funny.... Why are Tippmann owners traditionally dumb? Look at the guy that made their guns:
http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/previous/archive/09229901.rts.html

king-man
04-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Monster balls from walmart, wont ever bust, unless its extremely hot

dynastykiller08
04-12-2008, 05:56 PM
yes monster balls are great...i use them always have, never chopped not one ball in over a year of using them with my mr2, and now my mr2 w/eye, check my videos out in the vidoe section...just posted today no chops ripping through monster balls with my qloader

Lonus
04-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Bigred I really think you might be hopeless.... Knowingly and willfully entering into paintball game does the same thing as signing a waiver. You would have to prove intent to harm. Further more anything can be a deadly weapon if your intent is to use said item to harm someone. Can we stop beating this dead horse now?

Please feel to continue to bash Tippy guys, that always makes me happy.:)

bigred76
04-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Where is the writing? The thing about verbal and unwritten agreements is that there is none unless it's recorded, and thus inadmissable in a court of law. Talk about stopping the beating of a dead horse, you just seem to want to get in the last word on the matter.

Monster Balls are the most horrid paint I have ever shot. I can shoot them at the fence in the back yard or a tree from about 10ft, and it's up to if the ball hits on a seam or not if it breaks.

chrisjb82
04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow! This is one great sopa opera?!! One heck of a great read for 12:30 at night!! Oh wait what was the original topic?!

Moster Balls do suck....they've been banned at most fields up here in New England. I like the RPS Premiums and All Stars personally. And I would have to say try and stay away from the stain filled...I would hate to have my stuff all messed up cause someone thought it would be cool!

jimbo001
04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
I started this thread a while back to gather info and suggestions regarding paint for the MR2. It morphed into a discussion about turniment rules, legalities, styles of play ect. To those who responded to the origional topic I would like to say thank you. The info I got was very useful. I would like to say that the off topic points and comments I found very interesting and informitive. So much so that I have the following question: What is the average rate of fire(BPS) from a high end turniment marker durning a turniment?

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I belive that it is caped at 15, however I have never played speedball and I dont see myself doing it in the near future. But i have no doubt that most of them are shooting that 15 bps pretty easy. Most of them could probably infact shoot faster, but it is capped at 15.

DFSniper
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
usual tournament caps are 15, but PSP/CFOA rules are 13.3 this year.

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 06:11 PM
^ is that new?

DFSniper
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
yep. check the news and updates section.

jimbo001
04-16-2008, 07:10 PM
I belive that it is caped at 15, however I have never played speedball and I dont see myself doing it in the near future. But i have no doubt that most of them are shooting that 15 bps pretty easy. Most of them could probably infact shoot faster, but it is capped at 15.

Thanks Slim, I'v never played turniments eigther. Always woodsball with my two sons. Started back in the VM68 days. I'm 57 now and were still playing.
What I don't understand is this: what difference does it make if you shoot 15 bps by doin a drum roll on the trigger or by holding the trigger down on full auto capped at 15bps. I mean 15bps comming at you is still 15bps no matter how the apposing player achieved it. Why don't the turniments just make all players chrno at 15bps period.
For me a great deal of the fun of paintball is tuning and tweeking the marker to shoot fast and straight. (I really love to play, just not as "agile" as I used to be-LOL!)

DFSniper
04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
i think because that would take away from the competitiveness of the sport. it would be the equivalent of taking two race cars and saying "you can only race each other if your engines have the exact same output." the "it only takes one shot to get an elimination" argument aside, the guys that can shoot faster have a skill advantage over the slower shooters.

bigred76
04-16-2008, 08:08 PM
The only reason it's capped at 15bps in most tournaments (actually, according to the NPPL rule book, it's uncapped) was because of the ramping issue. People CHEATED by using modes to achieve those sought-after high ROF's (20bps+), and that included fully automatic in some cases when the cheaters did not have a Speedy2 board (original cheater board, btw.... soft ramp activated by a certain combo of buttons).

I'm perfectly fine using rules by the NPPL rule book as those are industry standard except in the PSP, CFOA, and Millennium series.... other people, like a ramper at a tournament I attended last Sunday (NPPL modified rules w/ 15bps cap), cannot compete because they do not practice enough or are stupid enough, think that it is OK to use. They then proceed to deny using a mode like that, even in this case to the point of calling the head ref (a friend of mine, who runs the shop that's sponsoring the tournament, runs the tournament series, sponsors/coaches a team, etc etc etc) an idiot and that he did not know what ramping was.

Other than that rambling... :yeahthat: The players that are skilled and talented are restricted enough by the 15bps semi-auto cap.

Teach your children young: cheating is not the way to win. You will get caught and distraught!

slim and shady
04-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks Slim, I'v never played turniments eigther. Always woodsball with my two sons. Started back in the VM68 days. I'm 57 now and were still playing.
What I don't understand is this: what difference does it make if you shoot 15 bps by doin a drum roll on the trigger or by holding the trigger down on full auto capped at 15bps. I mean 15bps comming at you is still 15bps no matter how the apposing player achieved it. Why don't the turniments just make all players chrno at 15bps period.
For me a great deal of the fun of paintball is tuning and tweeking the marker to shoot fast and straight. (I really love to play, just not as "agile" as I used to be-LOL!)

Cant wait to play with my kids there still a little to small. But yeah anyone can hold a trigger down right? So there wouldnt be as much to seperating the skilled players. I have NO PROBLEM with full auto in scenarios or woodsball. Thats my point of veiw period. However i really see why tournament play is semi only. I also see why people call it a crutch lots of times we have semi-ONLY and we still have people that have to cheet and try to use it in ramping. i do belive that this is because they are lacking skill against more experianced players. However they are trying to even out the odds in the wrong fashion. Personaly I only play semi not because i dont have full auto but because i enjoy the challange and even if i just have an MR2 and not some fancy 2000 speedball waked out gun I still like to walk the trigger.

jimbo001
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Great concept on how to play the game Slim. My two sons were 6 and 8 when we first started. I had my own little "tunnal rats" HA! Had them all suited up with all the protective gear I could find plus special neck guards front and back I made for them. Now thay are 27 and 29 and we play about once a month. Coached them in all the sports thru high school but paintball has remained our #1 activity. Like yourself we play with respect and honesty. Best times of my life are the times spent with my kids. They grow up fast. Spend all the time you can with them.

slim and shady
04-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I compleatly agree. i still have a few more years to wait before paintball. My oldest is 2 and 1/2 and my youngest is 9 months. My oldest likes to shoot my Trracer, no air or paint of corse! but he pretends he is hunting chickens! I agree fully the best times in life are spent with family.

jimbo001
04-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Right on Slim.
Happy ballin' to you and yours.