PDA

View Full Version : iPods Anyone?

pinkanese
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Well since there are so many Music threads going around it seems we could use an iPod thread (Mods if you don't like it then I am sorry you have my permission to delete this). Really I am just curius to see if anyone has anythign out of the norm. So don't be bashful show it off. I will have to wait til tomorrow for mine, having trouble getting a good pic.

MR2 Woodsballer
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
?hat is the purpose of the thread not flaming just not sure i understood the idea. I have an iPhone if your askin who has ipod products.

xsvly-fat
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
my friend put blue carbon fiber on his and it looked cool but it ripped so he had to take it off

Paradox313
04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
When I downloaded the latest Quicktunes/iTunes 7.16 or something, it messed up my iTunes, so I went back to the previous version.

vikingshadow
04-08-2008, 04:58 AM
This will remain open only until it starts becoming a flame fest.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
i used to hate ipods, but i've gotten used to them now, but i still cant justify buying one...

pbfreak3221
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM
I just got my new 16 g iTouch. And I'm sort of pissed. I didn't research all of the requirements, so when I got home and went to sync it, I saw I need 10.4.1 or higher. So I went out and purchased Leopard, just to jump up to 10.5.2, and when I went to install it my Mac Mini, has almost become nonfunctional. My Dad took it into an Apple Genius Bar today, and hopefully they can solve it.

shunut
04-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not a huge fan of iPods but we won't go into that here. Even though I don't really care for iPods, I just purchased one.

http://template.joomlart.com/ja_larix/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/fc320c5e901ae991da78c84aea8cbdb2.jpg

1gb Orange iPod Shuffle.

The biggest reason I got this one was because of the size and the built in clip. I would have really rather bought a Creative Labs Zen Stone, but in order to have a clip, I'd have to buy a case and the only case with a clip I could find for the Stone was leather ones. I bought this so I had something to use at Pulmonary Rehab. My Creative Zen Vision M is just to big for working out.

Anyway, it should be here tomorrow.

pinkanese
04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
:( There are no other modders on here, I am disapointed. Oh well here is my 5.5gen Video
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/BawlsInUrMouth1.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d137/pinkanese/BawlsInUrMouth2.jpg

king-man
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
iphones rule, if that is what your asking, i have a 8gb, its taken a beating, about three dents, and it still runs perfect

pbfreak3221
04-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, just got back from the Genius Bar, looks like we need to purchase some more ram, since we were running Leopard off the bare minimum of memory, so I'm purchasing 1g to replace the 512mb.

08Lud08
04-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I hate how I baby all my mp3 players and one stupid thing can mess them up. I broke the screen on my zen vision M walking through turning bar where you pay a fare to ride the metro rail (above ground subway). then 3 months later I accidentally plugged the usb cable upside down into my computer because the usb hub is dented and the cable can fit upside down and that caused it to fry the motherboard and the warranty wont cover the repairs so it will cost $200 to repair which is pointless. I also have a 2gb nano that will only charge on certain docks and will not sync to any computers at all so I cant change or add to the 78 crappy songs stuck on it.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM
my first mp3 player had the headphone jack get pushed in, the 2nd one had the headphone jack get bent off (tried soldering it back on), the 3rd one has a cracked digital lcd screen cover, so i pulled that off, and it only holds 500MB of songs, even when i put a 2GB stick in. but the worst part is, it doesnt tell you anything about the song except the track number and the time. and the track numbers change every time you add music, i have NO idea how it organizes it... oh, and it cost $2 on ebay!

xxcarlosxx
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
i got the new ipod nano 8gb in black and i luv it cuz it so tiny and awesome!:D

pinkanese
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
i got the new ipod nano 8gb in black and i luv it cuz it so tiny and awesome!:D

yuck I like to call the new nanos the iChode, theya re so dumb and pointless.

mr1 sniper
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
i used to have an ipod nano (1st gen, the best) but then i sold it cause i got the t-phone and a memory stick so i could put my music on there. now i just keep getting mad at it so i might get a creative zen

xxcarlosxx
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh no u di-int :nunu: lmao i luv that name iChode

shunut
04-08-2008, 09:28 PM
My Shuffle came a day early.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/shuffle04.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/shuffle03.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/shuffle02.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/shuffle01.jpg

I'm trying to figure out a way I could attach it to my key ring. I like the size, exactly what I wanted. I haven't put any music on it yet, probably do that sometime tomorrow.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2008, 03:33 AM
That's pretty hot shu. I have the silver 1gb version. I need to go to iStore and have them give me some new iHeadPhones for iFree... if you know what iMean.

vikingshadow
04-09-2008, 04:46 AM
We got my oldest one of those iPod shuffles - it's iTiny and iLight. Holds quite a few isongs, actually. I like using it when iRun because it's so light, much lighter than my old 4 gb iPod. The only thing I don't like about it is not knowing what songs are coming up.

Oh, we got her the blue one!

shunut
04-09-2008, 06:54 AM
That's pretty hot shu. I have the silver 1gb version. I need to go to iStore and have them give me some new iHeadPhones for iFree... if you know what iMean.

Thanks. I would have really liked a 2gb version, but I didn't really like any of the colors. I was going to get silver, but then I saw this orange one and had to have it.

We got my oldest one of those iPod shuffles - it's iTiny and iLight. Holds quite a few isongs, actually. I like using it when iRun because it's so light, much lighter than my old 4 gb iPod. The only thing I don't like about it is not knowing what songs are coming up.

Oh, we got her the blue one!

I don't mind not having a screen. I'm only putting my favorite songs on it and I'm really only using it for Pulmonary Rehab. I'll be exercising the entire time at rehab so I won't really be paying attention to the iPod.

HelpDeskHustler
04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
I can identify every song by it's sound, not to mention they're in alphabetical order so it would really take some serious lack of alphabetical skills or knowledge of your own music to not know what song is next. (unless in shuffle mode)

DFSniper
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
i agree with claus... again. wow, thats starting to become a common re-occurrence...

battlechaser
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Never been much of a fan of MP3 players in general, which explains my Palm Lifedrive.

Biggest advantage, I have the TomTom 6 gps software and accessories to turn it into a GPS Navigator.

Only 6 gigs of memory in it (4gb internal HD and a 2gb SD card), but thats just over half of my music library anyways, with a little extra room for other programs.

Only downside, the Hard drive takes a little time between manually switched songs to find the track, but again, I'm not that picky. ;)

DFSniper
04-09-2008, 02:51 PM
i wanted a 20gb zen to carry all my songs, because i hate switching songs around on the one i have now, but i got a camera instead. what a disappointment :(