PDA

View Full Version : Paint that stains

deano 177
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Have you guys ever ran across any paint that would stain your stuff if you didn't clean it immediatly? I guess some of the guys that I have been playing with use that cheap wally world pink fill stuff and I now have a pair of jt loaners that are jacked up. I always clean my primary stuff the next morning and if my goggs are hit I'll clean them the same day. However, my loaner crap might sit for a day or two before I can get to it. Now the loaner goggs have a film on them. Even the Prolite I let my buddy use has a pink stain on it. Should I soak the goggles to try to get it to come off? What's the deal?

Ace24
04-08-2008, 01:13 AM
The paint you're talking about is probably Scorch. (that is if gameface still exists... I heard somewhere they died off)

That paint is horrible. The fill will stain something fierce. At one time I did a test on a white sheet to see which paints stained more then others. Scorch and the pink fill paints were the worst. Then came yellow fill.

I'd suggest taking the lenses out of the JT's and putting them in some hot water for a while. Don't use any glass cleaners or soap. It will dissolve the thermal coating.

Not sure what would be best for the gun. Probably dish soap? It's on the body right? Just take a paper towel and put some dish soap on it (small amount) then scrub it over the stain. Then take another one and get it damp and wipe it off.

tumtum00
04-08-2008, 04:24 AM
actually some pink paint that stains is rps premium, it is so thick, it looks like the slime you got of the machines at walmart years ago. the cheap stuff washes out great no matter what color, i have some pinkish mossy oak break up overalls now, that stuff sucked, we shoot it when we play people that are smart*****.

vikingshadow
04-08-2008, 04:50 AM
Scorch is now Visible Impact and it's not bad at all. No one I know that uses it has complained about stain, plus it's mostly round, has a bright fill and is cheap. It's actually my favorite Wally World paint. I never had a problem with it when I was using it.

I did have a profiler lense get stained on the inside by Premiums before. Hemorhage from Nelson also stained a jersey and pair of my Redz pants as well. Other than that, only Monster Ball stained my stuff (when it broke, that is).

Nothing you can really do to get the stain out of the mask. I'd say try some WD40 on it if it's NOT the lense that stained. If it's the lense, just get a new one. Same for the gun. If it's on the body, try spraying some WD40 on it. I used it to get sticker residue off a gun once, and use it on my loaders to take stickers off all the time. If that doesn't work, try this stuff called "Goop Off". It smells like petroleum, so use it outside and allow your gun to air out before you bring it in, though.

Neither of those two products should affect your anno, though.

XSiv Force
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Ive never had monster ball stain any thing of mine or anyone i play with.....besides monster balls are either green or yellow

Ace24
04-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Ive never had monster ball stain any thing of mine or anyone i play with.....besides monster balls are either green or yellow

Yellow stains.

You must have had better quality Scorch at your Walmart Viking. The Scorch here was very brittle, the paint shells were dissolving in the bag (there was red shell liquid stuff in the bags), and it stained.

deano 177
04-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Impact That is what they were calling it. Nasty stuff. Highly visible though.

kramernator
04-08-2008, 01:57 PM
get really hot water and some good soap, that should clean it off pretty well.

gunz52
04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I use the 'IMPACT!" paint all the time. (The one that has the multi-color shells red/yellow) and the pink fill? Cause I never have any problems with them.

KingTutBaller
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I agree, Visible Impact probably the best Walmart paint, have no problems with stains. There's only one kind of paint that I don't allow people to bring to my field and it's made by Worr, called... Domination. It's good paint, breaks well, but it's stains like CRAZY...stained all the wooden bunkers(still bright) from last summer's play.

vikingshadow
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Hahaha, someone shot our field's main building with some Nelson Hemorhage a couple years ago, and we checked last weekend, and sure enough it's still there, almost as bright as the day it was shot. (May have been me, but there are no cameras and they didn't see me do it, hehe! :o )

Ratchet
04-21-2008, 03:43 PM
ive been buying JT's stealth paintballs. they ahve a oily residue all over them making them flow through the barell better i guess? alos they have little to no dimples in them. they have a pink fill and i havent heard any complaints about stains. i buy them from Fleet farm for 35 bucks for 2000. they sell Nelson Hot Spot balls there to and those stain everything but clothes for some reason. my friend had some old barns that we were playing at (metal and wood ones) about a year ago. couple weeks ago we played there again and the marks were there and just barely faded.