PDA

View Full Version : First Paintball Game- Nervous

SPYDERGUY
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm excited about my paintball game, but I hear it hurts to be hit by a paintball then other people say it doesnt. Also I'm nervous about making a fool of myself. :eek:

king-man
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
relax, have fun, it only hurts if you want it to(or if your at point blank range) your adreniline will be pumping so fast and your heart will be racing so fast youll barely know you got hit, no one can make a fool of thereselves(unless you fall down screaming like a wee lil baby) what kinda guns are you playing with, more important what gun are you using, spyder i presume?

SPYDERGUY
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Yup spyder pilot. Alright I'll have fun shooting at people and taking risks. :D

king-man
04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
what are the people your playing against using, or are you playing against random people like at a field

XSiv Force
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Well have you ever been shot by a bb gun......i believe it hurts LESS then that

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Ah, the memories of my first game. First, about the paintballs hurting thing, yes they will sting quite a bit when you first start, but, or at least in my experience, they will start hurting less and less as you start playing more. They feel like (if they break) getting slapped (5-starred) really hard and (if they don't break) getting hit by a wayward golfball. As King-Man said you can't really make a fool of yourself unless you wail like a wee baby.

king-man
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
why would you wanna get shot with a bb gun, that would pierce your skin! anyways, like the nube vid at our local field, it feels like getting popped with a wet towel bare

LostCause
04-07-2008, 06:02 PM
honestly the first tiem i was shot, i didnt feel it.....i just noticed paint splater on my mask (got shot in my tricep) I was mostly angry more then anything lol...next time i surrendered 2 ppl and shot one out :D

It's what you make of it.....just don't let your friends shot you to get the "feel" of it :D

SPYDERGUY
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Well I'm playing a walk-on game with random people. Well I'm going to the field this weekend.

XSiv Force
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Ok What i meant By bb is an Airsoft bb

Critical
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, it can't be said enough. Have fun and play honest. Don't worry about it hurting, by the time you engage the other team, you're going to be ramped up on adrenaline and may not even notice when you get hit. Some other suggestions are as follows:
Watch the extremities - having an elbow or a foot exposed may provide just enough of a target for the opposing player to eliminate you. By the same token, watch for those who expose theirs.
Beware of hopper hits - keep in mind the height of your hopper, it does no good to snuggle up to the bunker only to be shot out because your hopper was showing.
Don't get mad, or yell, or throw things or anything like that. Speaking as someone who has significant anger management issues, I play paintball to relax, none of that stuff has a place on or off the field.
Learn from your mistakes - Don't worry, you will get shot out. While you're walking, turn and look back downfield (if you can, don't interrupt the game) see how the opposing player eliminated you. Also, while waiting for the next game, think about how you were eliminated the last game, then make changes based on that.
Take food, or money for food, but eat lightly, no sense weighing yourself down with 6 slices of pizza and still trying to haul your ass around the field.

king-man
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Ok What i meant By bb is an Airsoft bb

thats more like it, i still woudlnt do that but thats basically because no one around here does it, seems a little cheaper than pball :p

vikingshadow
04-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I like to compare the more painful shots to being snapped with a rubber band. They sting, but nothing to really cry about - IF you actually feel them.

Where are you guys playing? I notice you're from OKC....

Hossy
04-07-2008, 07:04 PM
The first time i was shot i got hit in the face, and saw the ball shoot me.

that didnt hurt, at all. make sure u wear your goggles. The hard part was walking back to the staging area so I could get the paint off and see where i was going!

deano 177
04-07-2008, 07:16 PM
I guess got shot in the bicept this weekend. I didn't feel it at the time and I don't think it even broke because I don't remember any paint there but wow did it turn purple. Way more than I usually bruise.

It's no biggie. Every one gets shot at some point. Just play fair and with honor. It's a much better way to roll.

STRIKEFIRST
04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Jock and cup.

Enough said

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
got shot in the throat a few games after i got a bounce off this guy's crotch! karma? but honestly, after the first few times you play, you get used to it. the adrenaline kicks in, and half the time you dont even feel it! i've been out of the game for about 3 years, so the first time i got hit again, it hurt!

SPYDERGUY
04-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Alright thanks Critical for the tips and I'll make sure to have fun. :D

>.< Can't imagine being hit in the throat.

SPYDERGUY
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Jock and cup.

Enough said

I've heard that story a lot.

SPYDERGUY
04-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Alright thanks Critical for the tips and I'll make sure to have fun. I'm going to play at Adventure World Paintball.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Alright thanks Critical for the tips and I'll make sure to have fun. :D

>.< Can't imagine being hit in the throat.

the worst part was, it didnt break, but for the first few seconds it hurt so much i called myself out. i thought i felt paint, but it ended up being sweat.

bamf-hacker
04-08-2008, 04:23 PM
You really wont feel it too bad until the next day. Your adrenaline is so high when playing you don't really feel it too bad.

Wear something that covers your neck, if not use a neck protector. Other than the reproductive organ shots, neck shots come in a close second.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
yep, but i've been playing for over 5 years and thats the first serious hit i ever took, so that tells you something about your likelihood of getting hit in a sensitive spot.

08Lud08
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
the only shot that ever hurt me was getting shot in the neck and it was the last game of the day. It was funny for me because I screaming out the bunker positions of the opponents and right in the middle of a word I got shot and it took the wind right out of my throat. I wish I still played as much used to.

king-man
04-08-2008, 04:46 PM
i guess the third worst place to get hit is the hand/fingers, if your not wearing gloves, it doesnt hurt all that bad but thats pretty much why its bad, everytime i get shot in the hand, i cant feel my fingers, escpecially the time i got hit in between the fingers, i could still pull my trigger just couldnt tell weather i was doing it or not, i suggest to get gloves

bigred76
04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Bandana's ftw, outlaw style! I've never had an issue with a throat shot after I started wearing one. :)

Just remember to have fun, and own some people!

VS3 Sniper
04-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Paintballs do hurt.....but not as bad as alot of people think. As long as you don't get hit in a senstive area you'll be fine. Ur not gonna die from a paintball hit. Just be sure to always wear ur mask, keep your barrel blocking device on when not in a game, and listen to the refs calls. But most of all have fun.

irishwarrior
04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Jock and cup.

Enough said

Reminds me... in woodsball WEAR A BDU!!! The material gets hot but it makes the pain less and the stiff material saved me once. So I was playing at Hogback Mountain and I went to check out where my squad was getting fired at from and a ball hit me SQUARE IN THE CROTCH! But because my legs were spread slightly and thanks to the stiff material of the BDU the ball bounced, I didn't get seriously injured and I managed to get away without getting out.

bamf-hacker
04-08-2008, 05:34 PM
yeah but Hogback has a 20 foot rule so it is never really that bad :)

Point blank shot are the ones that get you.

Critical
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
The first 2 years I played, I got shot in the jock every time I played, became a running joke in my group.

irishwarrior
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
True Bamf, but playing with my friend one-on-one I got shot point blank in my knuckle, it bled a little and it stung but I didn't cry or anything:) (I got him in the neck, so it evened out).

SPYDERGUY
04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I remember making my knuckles bleed with quarters. Well I hope my game goes well.

mr1 sniper
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
before my first game i just had my brother shoot me from like 15 feet away. it doesn't hurt that bad. and don't be scared and hang back, it hurts more when you get shot like that. just run up and have fun

SPYDERGUY
04-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Well getting ready to go to my first game in 3 hours.

Checking If I have every single thing don't want to forget. :D

king-man
04-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Well getting ready to go to my first game in 3 hours.

Checking If I have every single thing don't want to forget. :D

been in that condition, dont forget your hopper, don't laugh it happens

bigred76
04-12-2008, 12:03 PM
I laughed. Everything's stored in my gearbag for the week leading up to it. Just a suggestion for next time you go.

SPYDERGUY
04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Well I went and the paintballs don't hurt at all. Also the only problem was my team mates stayed back only me and my friend pushed up. I got a lot of elimations. :D

It was awsome.

Hossy
04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Well I went and the paintballs don't hurt at all. Also the only problem was my team mates stayed back only me and my friend pushed up. I got a lot of elimations. :D

It was awsome.

THATS GREAT!

Sometimes it sucks to have bad players on your team. On the other hand, you get to shoot more people, which is alot more fun!

DFSniper
04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
tease them about it and start keeping score of how many shots you make!

TheDarkShadow
04-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Also the only problem was my team mates stayed back only me and my friend pushed up.

I know how you feel, I play with a bunch of noobs

XSiv Force
04-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Tallys are alot of fun my teams and i (yes i said TEAMS) keep score on each other and the one that scored the least and the guy who kept got shot off from the begining buy everyone dinner.......I never had to buy anything yet

vikingshadow
04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
That sounds like a game our field made up several years ago. We got tired of woodsball games dragging on forever, so we made it a timed game, and if you got eliminated, you went back to the shop, made a tally mark for the other team, the reinserted at the starting point again. The more people you have, the more fun it was, but you didn't have to wait 30 minutes for those last two people to duke it out anymore. Winner was the team with the most marks.

Glad you had fun!