PDA

View Full Version : Play any other sports besides paintball?

gunz52
04-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Yup, I play varsity football for my high-school. I play middle linebacker (hence the number 52) and I plan to play for the university of south carolina in a couple of years and maybe even go pro. :p How about you guys?

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I play soccer in a rec league, am going to play JV football in the fall, either HB, FB or MLB and I fence sabre at the Virginia Academy of Fencing.

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 02:17 PM
shot competition marksmanship in HS.

king-man
04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
i golf on our high school team, used to play middle school basketball but gave it up

Critical
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
When I was younger, I sailed quite a bit, haven't been able to get out at all in the last 8-9 years. I miss it, I was good, and it was fun. Still have my little daysailer in my Grandmothers garage.

Over the years I've played tennis, golf and have tried half a dozen other sports. I finally settled on paintball and competitive alcoholism.

VS3 Sniper
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I like to skateboard, snowboard, golf, play pool, and play basketball.

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 03:01 PM
hey, do hunting and fishing count? i know they're not competitive, but they're outdoor sports.

pb34
04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm a varsity hockey goalie for my high school team and a hardcore fisherman in the summer :D.

Paradox313
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
I just snowboard, and play varsity basketball, and varsity football, but in two months I'm moving back to California and I'm gonna have to try out for both of them.

No doubt in my mind I'm gonna make Varsity Basketball, I'm a fair driver, and I can make a jumpshot from anywhere inside the line, also have good passing skills, and good court vision.
Still working on my 3-pointer, I don't have enough power for a good jumpshot, and form is everything. Also working on my driving pull-ups, and ball handling skills.

It's my goal to be a Star basketball player in College. I want nothing more than to be highly recognized in College, but I don't know which college I would want to play for. :D

king-man
04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
...I finally settled on paintball and competitive alcoholism.

lol, nice

XSiv Force
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Im a martial arts/MMA instructor i used to play football for my high school...plus i Drag race if you count that as a sport.......

BESERKER
04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I play Ice Hockey.

Maxx-Damage
04-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Well, i guess it depends on what you consider a sport. Right now i mountain bike like 10x more than i play pb, just dumped $3,744 in a new bike that i might race this season. Just need some shin/elbow guards and pedals. During the winter i mostly snowboard or stay inside and play billards.

And yeah i have a car already, everytime i mention that i dumped that much everybody is like "Why not buy a car?..."

Hossy
04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Im pretty tall, for those of who who saw the picture of yourself thread you already know that :P, and I play basketball, volleyball, and poker competitively.

I play football, lacrosse, soccer, etc with friends and recreationally whenever I feel like it.

slim and shady
04-07-2008, 05:32 PM
I play hockey and Bowhunt very competitivly.

TheDarkShadow
04-07-2008, 05:48 PM
No, I pretty much suck at every thing, I do like foot ball but my high school doesnt have it

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
No, I pretty much suck at every thing, I do like foot ball but my high school doesnt have it

I've never heard of such a thing as a high school not having football!!!

Hossy
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Hes from indiana-
all they care about are the Hoosiers basketball team :P

vikingshadow
04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
running, golf and softball. Besides paintball, those are the sports I can say I play now, though softball not so much anymore, and golf games are far and few these days (is running considered a sport? I sweat, it's hard and at times can be fun.)

My high school didn't have it. We only had Fall and Spring baseball, basketball and track. Of course, we had fewer than 100 kids in high school...

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 05:56 PM
wow vike, and i thought my school was small. my senior year we had 250 kids 7th-12th grade!

paintballkid0206
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
oh gawwsh... i do 100m hurdles, discus, and long jump in track. i play fullback and middle linebacker in football (going into freshman ball this fall...). i wrestle in about the 148 lb weight class. i lift weights most of the year when i'm not in a sport. i currently gun hunt whitetail and i'm gonna start bowhunting turkey and whitetail when i get the hang of my bow. i like most sports so i play alot of others when i'm bored (tennis, soccer, basketball, baseball). i'm a perdy active kid.

shark
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I play varsity soccer, started the last two years, next years my senior year and we just came off a state title. Even for bein hicks we know how to play, 3 losses last year and we got a perennial 30 goal scorer(38 last year) whos gettin looks from div. 1 schools like Stanford. Other than that i ref soccer and lift all year round.

Paradox313
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
wow vike, and i thought my school was small. my senior year we had 250 kids 7th-12th grade!

I've got you both beat.

There's only 90 kids at my school k-12. Yes school as in one building.

and like 20 or so in 9-12.

Leadore School is the smallest school in all of Idaho.

shark
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM

Wheres Leadore at? im up in Bonners Ferry 30 mi. from canadia

TheDarkShadow
04-07-2008, 06:39 PM

well its a small college prep school and everyone's into soccer, we tried to start one but the soccer coach didnt like the idea since that's were alot of our players would come from

shark
04-07-2008, 06:45 PM
well its a small college prep school and everyone's into soccer, we tried to start one but the soccer coach didnt like the idea since that's were alot of our players would come from

ya i know of a prep school over in washington that doesn't have football either i think that they have around 200 kids

badlandsrox
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Hockey, Lacrosse, waterski, wakeboard, downhill ski, snowboard, flying, soccer, football, scuba, sailing, searching for thee ladies, kayaking, and a ton of others that i forget/am to lazy to write right now...

Paradox313
04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Wheres Leadore at? im up in Bonners Ferry 30 mi. from canadia

It's by the Salmon area. About 40 miles south of Salmon.

irishwarrior
04-08-2008, 02:44 AM

Ahhhh, well at least you have the other football.

LostCause
04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
besides paintball.....play soccer (just kicks and giggles now), run varsity track for the 4by2 and 4by4 (though not so much this year, 200 is my main event now :D, thank God) and not really a sport but i do it more then anything else sport related is lifting weights :D. snowboard, bike (reg andmoutain)Oh love to fish....

HelpDeskHustler
04-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I snowboard. I'm about as good as a rock, except I usually start rolling on my own without being pushed.

pbfreak3221
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
My school has roughly 1600 kids. We have so many sports (Boys/Girls), Varsity, JV and freshmen, basketball, football, baseball, softball, lacrosse, hockey, fieldhockey, volleyball, skiing, golf, sailing, cross country, track, pole vault, javelin, shot put, winter track, tennis... only ones I can think of right now. I play on the football team, and play rec baseball. In addition to that I've recently, (you can see my purchase in my most recent picture thread) gotten into billiards (9, 8, and straight ball)

vikingshadow
04-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Fortunately, my kids don't go to a school that small. Where we're at, and where I teach, we have about 800-1000 kids in the high school, about 800 in the middle school and about 1000 or more in the grade school, so it really makes my hometown school look small. (There are nearly 200 kids in the 5th grade, which is what I teach.)

There are a lot of very good things about small schools, but there are a lot more opportunities in a large school (better class options, more sports, more and better civic organizations, etc.) But there are times I wish we were back in the small school setting.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
i loved my high school, because almost everyone got along, but it also increased the drama...

king-man
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I've got you both beat.

There's only 90 kids at my school k-12. Yes school as in one building.

and like 20 or so in 9-12.

if you ask me thats got to be close to the smallest school in the states, are you amish with computers?

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 06:26 PM
^ public library... :dodgy:

Hoppy11
04-09-2008, 05:56 AM
I am a competative slalom skier in the state of Michigan. I have qualified for nationals the past two seasons in a row. I am also sponsered by the dealer that we bought our boat from. I also snowboard, downhill ski, wakeboard, wake surf, mountain bike, huge golfer, and I like to long board.

Paradox313
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
if you ask me thats got to be close to the smallest school in the states, are you amish with computers?

No, we just get basic understand of computers.

08Lud08
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I mainly skateboard, or but occasionally box or play football friends, my school has 2972 students so I can imagine how small your schools are. especially since there are like 4 more public highschools within 10 minutes of my school with around the same amount of students.

STRIKEFIRST
04-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I am a competative slalom skier in the state of Michigan. I have qualified for nationals the past two seasons in a row. I am also sponsered by the dealer that we bought our boat from. I also snowboard, downhill ski, wakeboard, wake surf, mountain bike, huge golfer, and I like to long board.

Where at in Mi?

I also am a michigander

I also "pretend' to play golf!:D and I like shooting Pistols...Springfield XD .40 S&W...

Hoppy11
04-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Where at in Mi?

I also am a michigander

I also "pretend' to play golf!:D and I like shooting Pistols...Springfield XD .40 S&W...

Right now I live in Southfield, MI on the outskirts of Detroit. Althought I grew up and still spend my summers in Lowell which is just East of Grand Rapids by about 20 mins. I work at Egypt Valley Country Club during the summer and just play at random cheap golf courses by school in Southfield when I am here.

STRIKEFIRST
04-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Right now I live in Southfield, MI on the outskirts of Detroit. Althought I grew up and still spend my summers in Lowell which is just East of Grand Rapids by about 20 mins. I work at Egypt Valley Country Club during the summer and just play at random cheap golf courses by school in Southfield when I am here.

Sweet...I grew up in Holly, live in Grand Ledge and work in Lansing...I have friends that live in Lowell that work in our Grand Rapids office.

Hoppy11
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I probably know them if they live in Lowell. If I ever have a reason to be in Lansing I will let you know, but unless its the occasional I have to piss on the way home or I need gas I am never in Lansing.

STRIKEFIRST
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I probably know them if they live in Lowell. If I ever have a reason to be in Lansing I will let you know, but unless its the occasional I have to piss on the way home or I need gas I am never in Lansing.

I have similar feelings about Lansing...It's good to piss on...

DFSniper
04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
lol! yeah, i've never made it to lansing... whenever i'm up there, its usually around the detroit area, or way up north.

MR2 Woodsballer
04-11-2008, 07:50 PM
I like to skateboard, snowboard, golf, play pool, and play basketball.

basicly the same, we are brothers so we have alot of the same intrests.

Ace24
04-12-2008, 10:33 PM
I don't "play" other sports...

...I ride back trails and stuff on my soft tail. Used to put 40 miles on a day on that kind of stuff. Wouldn't be able to move at the end of the day. (Snapping drills with my captain today wasn't fun on the knees either :( ) I've pretty well screwed up my knees from the years of aggressive biking.

I ski, snowboard, race stock cars, F3's, and uhhh... ...thats about it.

Mostly extreme sports. Played soccer in middle school. Was on an undefeated team... ...won a trophy, but that wasn't for me. I don't think I'll get back into soccer any time in the future. It was fun for the time, but I get bored with it now.

I'm an adrenaline junkie and I like stuff that gets that adrenaline pumping.

Paintball, my anti-drug. I get high enough off the feeling of playing.

You ever ski at Nubs Nob?

Hoppy11
04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
You ever ski at Nubs Nob?

Yes it is my favorite place to ride in Michigan.

interceptorMR2
04-13-2008, 10:33 AM
whoohoo lacrosse!

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/db_webHobart_00181.jpg

now thats fun! (but also an illegal hit :( )

calebh
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
that's why my high school didn't have a soccer team. texas high school football is legendary for a reason. thank god i'm out.

i played soccer for like the first 11 years of my life. a couple years later i picked up paintball. then i started running, too (though not competitively). now that i'm in college, i play intramural soccer and ultimate frisbee as well. and if i ever get a chance, i want to try ice hockey

i'm kind of surprised nobody else here plays ultimate...

right now, i'm playing let my knee heal, which involves a lot of inactivity and boredom. i feel like i'm getting fat. lol