PDA

View Full Version : New MR-1 Project

cyberthrasher_706
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, with my current mr1 coming to an end in available mods that I want, I just bought another one. It's mostly a backup but I'll probably alter it's appearance in the times when I'm not playing due to a hectic life (which is constantly). I'll unveil the current one once I finish my grips and enter it in Spyder of The Month, hopefully the next one.

What kind of ideas do you guys have for the new project? I pretty much just stick to cosmetics because I'm perfectly happy with the stock performance in relation to my style of play.

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
CQB!! 6-8" barrel, shroud, red dot, collapsible stock.

BYUrdneck
04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree with DFSiper - Get a trinity folding stock, the shorty barrel, one of those holographic red dots. Then to make it unique - take the fake mag off, cap the original air hole - drill and tap a hole on the side and run it to the back of the gun then somehow put a UZI mag through the grip - creating the coolest looking gun ever. I had thought about doing this to mine - but I am going with a M4 look now.
But to get the performance of an UZI you will need the rocking trigger - making the uzi mag through grip a bit difficult - but maybe just use a pistol mag and have it attach to the underside.

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 05:39 PM
or, better than an uzi, MP5 it! i dont see why tippys should have all the fun! i'm sure with enough modding you can get most of the parts to fit.

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I like the Uzi suggestion it would be very unique and awesome if done well.

gunz52
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Nawww...MP5s are crazy looking. Especialy if you can get a blue tiger (military camo) paint job on it.

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah, but when was the last time you saw an UZI paintball marker? MP-style markers are all over the place comparatively.

slim and shady
04-07-2008, 06:45 PM
I agree with irish as much as i love the look of the MP5 an uzzi would be original and unique(SP) to you alone. You can bet you aint gonna see no one else on the feild with "your marker"

cyberthrasher_706
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
HMMMMMMMM. That's got me thinking, alot. But I'm still open to lots of other ideas too. So far I think UZI's winning, I don't want my spyder to look like a tippman (sorry, had to say it). I just have to think of what kind of resources I have access to for that one.

Lets here some more!:peace:

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
hmm, you could get an old frame w/ m16 grip, run a real uzi mag down through the grip, and run a hose from where the expansion chamber was to a stock, then to a remote. the grip part may be hard, but i'm sure you could fit a sonix pro frame to fit!

irishwarrior
04-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Uzi: SMG Barrel, Take the MR1 foregrip/fake mag and cut it down to the width of a 9mm or .45 mag. Epoxy that to a grip frame.

cyberthrasher_706
04-08-2008, 12:16 PM
That's along the lines of what I was contemplating for the UZI idea, maybe even turning the mag into a chamber to hold CO2 for my airsoft sidearm on those days when we mix it up (it's kinda fun). One of the main thoughts I have right now is the angle of the trigger frame and how tacky that might look in regards to an "UZI". That's why I'm still open to other ideas. I can "photoshop" and compare all the different possibilities. I just can't wait to hear comments on the current one once I unveil it. Maybe you'll love it, maybe you won't. I just know I do. It looks vicious.

BYUrdneck
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/byurdneck/UZIMR1.jpg

I didn't want to hassle with photoshop so I did this in paint. I must say - it looks killer. I put a Rocking Trigger on it (I am sure any spyder electro trigger would work, but you can never go wrong with a rocking trigger), a Trinity Folding Stock, and RAP4's 3" SMG barrel. All in all I think it looks great. Now if it was all the same black color it would look better, but what can you do. This almost makes me want to scrap my M4 project and go with this one...

Or drop the SMG barrel and get a fake silencer to go on a longer barrel - they both look good to me.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/byurdneck/UZIMR1Silenced.jpg

sorry for the big pictures...

irishwarrior
04-08-2008, 02:44 PM
^^^^^ fake silencer ftw. The only issue is the Uzi (as you can see below) has a straight trigger frame, but I'm not sure what could be done about that. I also would not recommend the rocking trigger if you're going to go one handed (maybe dual-wield another Uzi *nudge, nudge*) because of how heavy it would be and the sensitivity of the rocking trigger. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/Uzi_1.jpg

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 03:06 PM
like i said before, get a sonix pro mech trigger!

cyberthrasher_706
04-08-2008, 05:16 PM
That sonix frame could work, as long as I can find one cheap. I don't want to spend the $100 that they want for the complete gun on ebay. I am leaning towards the version with the longer barrel (do a google image search for UZI). I also found some nice stores that sell UZI parts online and I can get the foregrips, as well as any other part I could mod to go onto the mr1. This is gonna get good.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 05:18 PM
i've seen one in b/s/t here or pbn, just look around.

SpyderMan723
04-08-2008, 05:32 PM
yo BYU... what about an air line? it would look silly just hanging

cyberthrasher_706
04-08-2008, 07:06 PM
airline is one of the bigger issues I'm contemplating right now. I still want to go remote. I'm thinking about a way to run the line down along the frame, maybe. Depends though.

DFSniper
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
gas thru stock? run a fitting from the input area to the stock, or the rear of the gun and mount a duckbill asa to the rear of the gun :D

BYUrdneck
04-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I have thought a lot about where the air line should go...and I have decided to switch to this instead of my M4 project because it is going to be a lot cheaper.
I just bought a macro kit with a 90 and a straight fitting and the plan for the air line is - cap off the original air hole and drill and tap a hole on the side next to the serial number. Put the 90 there, run the macro line along the body gun to where the stock attaches to the gun.
Then attach the straight fitting to a female/female fitting which will have the remote nipple on the other end (I too want to keep my remote line for this gun). If you look at the folding stock - the part that attaches to the gun is a big square piece - which is where the air is going to end up - and as for attaching it - maybe a small U bolt holding the female/female fitting to that block might work - I will know more when I get the stock - which is soon hopefully.
Also, about attaching the mag to the trigger frame - I think I have an idea, but I will have to see the dimensions of the mag before I make any decisions - but the jist of it is cut a square out of the bottom for the mag to slide through and use the existing grip screws to hold the mag in place - dry fit the mag and drill a hole in the mag where the grip screws are and then if necessary get longer grip screws to go into the mag.