PDA

View Full Version : Plz rate my MR1 Project...

gunz52
04-06-2008, 06:46 PM
- Spyder MR1-Black ($80)
-JT Gun Bag (free)
-Pure Energey 47ci 5-Year tank ($60)
-PMI Pure Energey Coil remote w/ Slide Check ($34)
-Spyder 4+1 Pack-Camo ($16)
-Spyder MR Series adjustible shoulder stock ($28)
-Viewloader Revolution 12x with X Board Loader-18 bps-Black ($30)

Subtotal: $242.78
Shipping: FedEx Home Delivery-$5
GRAND TOTAL: $247.78

Ok, plz refrain from taing about the remotes...I like them. Thx.

TheDarkShadow
04-06-2008, 07:33 PM
good starter package

gunz52
04-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Yea, I was gonna go wit a bigger tank and not get the pack, butI like the idea of a remote pack. Ive also heard from alot of people that it lightens up the gun ALOT. Hmmm...has anybody ever thought about threading the remote through your beltloops to tighten it up?

N_Dub_Spyder
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I thinkg that would be a great start for recreational woodsball. I have not thought of the whole belt loop idea though. Looks like you are on the right track.

deano 177
04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
it may be awkward if you put the line through the belt loops. What if you need to switch the marker to your other hand? I could see you putting one of those scrunchy things on the belt loop and hooking that to your line. It would still give you some flexibility but hold it close to your body.

gunz52
04-07-2008, 02:58 PM
it may be awkward if you put the line through the belt loops. What if you need to switch the marker to your other hand? I could see you putting one of those scrunchy things on the belt loop and hooking that to your line. It would still give you some flexibility but hold it close to your body.

Ehh...Ive tried shooting a paintball gun with my left hand...yeaaa it doesnt work out so well for me. The only time I would ever have my gun in my left hand is maybe if im refilling my hopper and even then the only part that would be in my hand would be the low pressure chamber. (The magazine looking part)

gunz52
04-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Ahhh, does the remotes work with Co2 tanks too? Cause I could always use the remote and stick my CO2 tank in one of my pockets...lol

irishwarrior
04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes, I use my remote with my MR1 and CO2. I tried sticking the CO2 tank into one of my pants pockets on my BDU and it DID NOT WORK WELL!!! Get a vest fromhttp://specialopspaintball.com or vest/harness from http://rap4.com.

deano 177
04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Ehh...Ive tried shooting a paintball gun with my left hand...yeaaa it doesnt work out so well for me. The only time I would ever have my gun in my left hand is maybe if im refilling my hopper and even then the only part that would be in my hand would be the low pressure chamber. (The magazine looking part)
You say that now!:p But wait a little while. You'll get tired of sticking your whole left side out from behind the bunker and want to switch it up!

bigred76
04-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok, plz refrain from taing about the remotes...I like them. Thx.

You ask for my opinion then limit me? Pfft. Whatever floats yer boat! :rolleyes:

Get a proper pack if you must use one, or one of the vests described. Putting it in your pocket is just asking for an accident to happen (I.E., it falling out and hitting rocks on the ground).

And since you asked me to rate it, I'll give it a 6/10. Why? Can't tell you, you didn't want to know! :smirk:

gunz52
04-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Ok, so your saying the remote set-up screws the whole package? lol And yea, I will find something to do with the Co2 tank, like getting a cammel back (as suggested by another member) from wally world. :) But yea, I would like to know WHY it got a 6/10...

KingTutBaller
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Not trying to nit-pick but I wouldn't necessarily call this a project, more of a shopping list:D

Good items though, I think you'll enjoy the remote. The J&J Barrels are nice too, i have a 14" and it works well. The MR series stock is just the MR3 one, I'm assuming? Not too bad, I don't like the looks but I like the feel. IF you havn't seen them before, look into the Special Ops Commando stock, I love mine, and you can make it fit the MR1 (I have an mr2/mr3). The Spyder 4+1 pack is nice too, it doesn't hold my qpods but I keep it as a loaner, or just only use the bottle pack and no pods. Good luck with that setup it should work for you.

gunz52
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, Im still deciding between an electronic hopper and the 14in J&J barrel.

N_Dub_Spyder
04-14-2008, 07:39 AM
You should just get both.

raven14
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM
The adjustable MR stock is a nice add on. Put one on mine. It gives you more clearance for your mask when aiming.

slim and shady
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I think the remotes are an excellent upgrade for any woodsball scenario setup. Personaly I think a hopper would probably be the usefull choice. New barrels are good to but the stock one will work fine till you have a few extra coins again. Make sure to keep an eye on the BST section of these forms JJ barrels and alot of other ones come on sale there cheep regularly.

gunz52
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Can you thank a look at my "How do you set up remote systems?" thread? And thanks for the advice...