PDA

View Full Version : purpose of relief hole?

kramernator
04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
on the bottom of the bottom tube there is a small "relief hole" i suppose the purpose would bo to let out the gas that pushes the striker back.

but why does my gun jackhammer when it is plugged? wouldn't it not go forward when i pull the trigger? it is doing exact opposite of what i would expect.

i think that my wires for my eyes are plugging it, so i will need to change something, but still, i think that if the pressure were unable to escape, it would keep the striker back, to make it jackhammer.

Kenny_McCormic
04-06-2008, 11:07 AM
on the bottom of the bottom tube there is a small "relief hole" i suppose the purpose would bo to let out the gas that pushes the striker back.

but why does my gun jackhammer when it is plugged? wouldn't it not go forward when i pull the trigger? it is doing exact opposite of what i would expect. Because its a a vent, its there for a reason, When the hammer goes back and there inst a relief the gas pressure is so small in the first place that the hammer starts to pull a vacuum and go forward again. I wont fire because without that hole all of the gas pressure being built by the hammer going forward has to be pushed though the recock port of the valve and because the bolt isnt in position yet the gas has nowhere to go.

i think that my wires for my eyes are plugging it, so i will need to change something, but still, i think that if the pressure were unable to escape, it would keep the striker back, to make it jackhammer.

bigred76
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
:yeahthat: The only real way for it to work right is with a real low pressure and a modified striker... Bring out the drill and clear out the plugged hole.

I don't know about it causing suction... the guns aren't made with that fine of a tolerance, and normally don't seal that well unless you're using DOW55 or the like.

Ace24
04-06-2008, 06:24 PM
If I plug my QEV on my T-1 the bolt stays forward. Lolz

Dow33 FTW!