PDA

View Full Version : Another Prayer Request

shunut
02-20-2006, 04:52 PM
My cousin, 15, has been battling Leukemia since June. He is almost done with the hard part of the chemo and is getting ready to go into the maintenance phase. The phase he is in right now is the hardest phase but he was almost through it. He was hospitalized a couple days ago because of a high fever but was still doing okay. I just got a call from one of my aunts telling me that he is in ICU and they think he had a stroke. If you could put him in your prayers I would really appreciate it as would his family. His name is Matt so you have a name to pray for. Thanks.

Nader
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll pray for him for sure.

mv540
02-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Matt is on my prayers....

NB_Hacker_NB
02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
My grandmother died from leukemia, I will definetly pray for him.

ooglieboogliebob
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
yeah, i'll pray for him also ... my grandmother also had leukemia like hacker, but luckily she survived, barely. Does he have chronic or acute leukemia ?? ... my grandmother had chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and luckily survived ... i hope your cousin is as lucky as she is ...

durrell
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
You know he's in my prayers man..:thumbup:

jcrazyjj
02-20-2006, 07:16 PM
You know he's in my prayers man..:thumbup:

same here

shunut
02-20-2006, 08:11 PM
He has ALL, Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. I haven't heard anything more but hopefully I'll have some news in the morning. Thank you all for your support.

druid
02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
will do

ricochet08
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
got cha buddy

DFSniper
02-21-2006, 12:03 AM
same here

ooglieboogliebob
02-21-2006, 02:46 AM
whow ... , well i hope he's gonna do better ... :)

shunut
02-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Thank you everybody. I got a call this morning and he is okay. They aren't sure exactly what happend, but he is doing okay now.

DFSniper
02-21-2006, 05:23 AM
thats awesome to hear!

bamf-hacker
02-21-2006, 06:50 AM
he is in my thoughts.

HacKeR

xtraking
02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
one of my good friends has leukimia and is ending her first stage of chemo now. Definatly praying for your cousin man!

Dave

shunut
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Here is the latest. He did indeed have a stroke, actually they are calling it a TIA (trans ischemic attack) or a slight brain bleed. He had slight paralysis or drooping on one side of his face and in his arm. That has since subsided but he has some slurred speech. The doctors are expecting that with some speech therapy and time that will go away. This was probably caused by his low blood counts due to the chemo, more specifically his platelet count. If you didn't know platelets are the component in your blood that forms blood clots. So now the doctors are talking about giving him platelet transfusions, which he needs, but they want to give them to him so they can start him on blood thinners. I've worked and lived in the medical field for a long time, went to school to be a nurse, ect, ect, ect. I have never heard of giving somebody platelets just so that they could give them blood thinners. My aunt and uncle are very frustrated right now because they have him in ICU and he has had like 5 different doctors come in a check him out and everyone of them have said something different. I told my aunt that she can refuse treatment from those doctors and insist that only his personal doctor be allowed to give orders. She said she was going to call his doctor and see what was going on and see what he could do. They are going to try to finish this last week of chemo so they can be done, but they have to have his blood counts up to do so. Hopefully they can finish it with out anymore complications and move on to the maintenance phase.

shunut
02-23-2006, 04:25 AM
The latest news. My cousin was sent home last night. Surprisingly they aren't doing blood thinners. :dodgy: He is doing okay and they plan on finishing this last week of the last phase of his chemo next week. He will be going into the clinic tomorrow to get another blood transfusion so that he will be ready for the chemo next week.

Again, thank you to everyone who added him to their prayer list, I know that both him and his family really appreciate it, as do I.

Drefish99
02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear he is feeling a bit better and they found the root cause of his ailments. Now they can treat it appropriately. He is in my prayers.

ooglieboogliebob
02-23-2006, 11:11 AM
yep, he's in my prayers also, hopefully he's going to be ok

shunut
02-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Just another update. My cousin will finish his chemo tomorrow, finally, after 8 months. He is doing alright, has bad mouth sores and his knees are bothering him but that will soon go away. If anybody is interested he has a Xanga site that his dad and mom have been running to keep everybody updated. Matt's Fight (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=mcismyhero) check it out if you want.