PDA

View Full Version : I FINALLY got a bow...

paintballkid0206
04-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I picked up a bow from my uncle last night when i was at my grandparents' house. I've been wanting to go bowhunting for whitetail and turkey, but i didnt have a bow. now i do.

what i got:
*BEAR Whitetail Legend Compound bow and quiver
*Red quiver (doesnt attach to the bow)
*5 EASTON Gamegetter II XX75 arrows
*Two 150 grain (?) broadhead tips

Pics:

Bow and quiver:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/paintballkid0206/100_1838Small.jpg

just the bow:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/paintballkid0206/100_1839Small.jpg

Everything that i got:
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/paintballkid0206/100_1840Small.jpg

HelpDeskHustler
04-06-2008, 10:26 AM
:up: bowhunting definitely makes you more manly than regular hunting.

note: hunting only adds points to your manliness when you take down animals larger than yourself, or animals capable of killing a full sized human with ease.

Hunting with the following is the most manly, in order of awesomeness:
Your Bare hands: If you hop on a grizzly bear's back and strangle it to death, you win life
A soft object (ex. nerf ball, pillow, etc): Show those animals what opposible thumbs can do
A blade smaller/duller than a basic kitchen knife
A blade that is very large, ie a sword or axe
A blunt object
a spear-like object
a hunting knife
a gun not made for hunting (bazooka, minigun, tank, artillary, etc)
a bow
a pistol
a vehicle (intended hunting)
a rifle/shotgun
a vehicle (unintended "hunting")

There are of course other things that are MORE COOL. like a road flare or something. But that list is pretty much a good idea of the most manly things to hunt with. I'm entirely serious, none of this is sarcastic at all. :up:

LostCause
04-06-2008, 11:17 AM
jsut get this and never have to worry bout Co2 when your not hunting (or trying to kill a animal with a paintball....)

http://airowgun.com/paint.php

and nice bow, show us what you get next time your hunting

kramernator
04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
not bad, that is almost exactly what i shot my first deer with, although i have now upgraded to a Hoyt Trykon, i got it dirt cheap from a friend.

i hunt deer, and yeah it is a lot of fun.

DFSniper
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM
nice. my dad has a buckmaster, a PSE and and Oneida. i use the Oneida, but havent hunted with it yet. the buckmaster is our only compound, the other two are older recurves.

edit: if you look in the airowgun gallery, none of the players use a release... noobs. i <3 my trigger release!

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I use a buckmaster to, they really are a great bow. i only bowhunt Elk and it sure is a rush when you call one in and there awful mad and looking for you. i think bowhunting is one of the greatest sports invented and if you do it properly takes alot of time and patience but can yeild you some great animals

irishwarrior
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I have those exact same arrows, you thief, lol! How 'bout using one of THESE for turkey hunting:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/images.jpg They're called guillotine heads. You can guess what they do.

TheDarkShadow
04-06-2008, 03:43 PM
get some carbon fiber arrows (they dont bend)

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I use carbon fiber arrows as well, on big drawback they are real expensive.

kramernator
04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
carbon all the way, they are expensive, but imo they are totally worth it.

is that the same material that they make the carbon paintball barrels with?

Ace24
04-06-2008, 06:19 PM
:up: bowhunting definitely makes you more manly than regular hunting.

note: hunting only adds points to your manliness when you take down animals larger than yourself, or animals capable of killing a full sized human with ease.

Hunting with the following is the most manly, in order of awesomeness:
Your Bare hands: If you hop on a grizzly bear's back and strangle it to death, you win life
A soft object (ex. nerf ball, pillow, etc): Show those animals what opposible thumbs can do
A blade smaller/duller than a basic kitchen knife
A blade that is very large, ie a sword or axe
A blunt object
a spear-like object
a hunting knife
a gun not made for hunting (bazooka, minigun, tank, artillary, etc)
a bow
a pistol
a vehicle (intended hunting)
a rifle/shotgun
a vehicle (unintended "hunting")

There are of course other things that are MORE COOL. like a road flare or something. But that list is pretty much a good idea of the most manly things to hunt with. I'm entirely serious, none of this is sarcastic at all. :up:

You, sir, have too much time and imagination on your hands.

DFSniper
04-06-2008, 07:34 PM
actually, i would have to rate blunt objects ABOVE blades...except maybe the dull ones.

TheDarkShadow
04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
is that the same material that they make the carbon paintball barrels with?
I would assume so, it is very light and strong (as far as bending goes)

paintballkid0206
04-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I have those exact same arrows, you thief, lol! How 'bout using one of THESE for turkey hunting:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk214/irishwarriorking/images.jpg They're called guillotine heads. You can guess what they do.

YEOWCH! that would hurt. lol. i MIGHT go bow hunting for whitetail this fall, but only if i get the hang of my bow pretty quick. if i dont go whitetail hunting this fall then i'll probably hunt turkey with it next spring.

Something that i didnt mention
*my uncle will be giving me one of his releases and a new rest because the rest that's on the bow right now is the cheap rubber-like one.

DFSniper
04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
get a whisker biscuit, they're awesome!

STRIKEFIRST
04-06-2008, 09:01 PM
I shoot a PSE Team Primos...shot archery since I was 4.

For the record an Oneida is a compound...where the limbs pivot is actually the cam...good bows...not for everyone...just inspect the cables in the cam mechanism and have then inspected once a year.

STRIKEFIRST
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
YEOWCH! that would hurt. lol. i MIGHT go bow hunting for whitetail this fall, but only if i get the hang of my bow pretty quick. if i dont go whitetail hunting this fall then i'll probably hunt turkey with it next spring.

Something that i didnt mention
*my uncle will be giving me one of his releases and a new rest because the rest that's on the bow right now is the cheap rubber-like one.

make sure the bow fits you correctly...an inspection by a local shop should cost you next to nothing...it's always worth it...If it were me i'd take it in for a general check up, string, cables, axles, limb pivots and the like.

Sorry I was a factory shooter for awhile and a factory trained bow technician (hoyt, pse and north amercian archery) and my dad was a factory shooter for 2 companies and an olympic archery coach...:D

Oh yeah I love sticks and limbs!!!!!