PDA

View Full Version : Help with new gun

ace._
04-05-2008, 10:12 PM
hi guys my friend got a new mr1,j&j barrel,ACP derlin bolt,and after his 2nd time playing he wanted to know if it is a problem that his balls curve every time he play and i wanted to know how to fix that and also how can i fix barrrel breaks ?

thanxs alot

bigred76
04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
His balls curve consistently in one direction? He has a scratch on that side of the barrel on the inside caused either by dirty balls or a dirty squeegee. Best way to fix that is to buy another barrel, or learn how to cope with it, really. If it isn't consistent, wash out the barrel with a mixture of water (lots of it), rubbing alcohol, and dish soap. Run a clean squeegee through after that, and wipe down the outside of the barrel with a soft towel.

As far as barrel breaks, use better paint and make sure the barrel is screwed in all the way.

Hossy
04-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Is he even using good paint?
maybe the paint is way to small, or old and has dimples.

besides that I think Bigred covered it all

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
The only other thing I would add is to make sure that the paint your using isnt to large for the boar of your barrel.

ace._
04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
well were using pmi premium paintballs

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
That doesnt mean that the boar size is right. Try I smaller diameter paint, i use draxxus rec sport it always works good for me. to see if the paint may be to larg for the boar of your barrel grab a handful of out of the bag and take your barrel off drop the paint into the barrel if it gets stuck in there chances are your paint is just a little to large for the barrel. Try it and let us know

bigred76
04-06-2008, 03:15 PM
If you're using premium paint... what velocity is he shooting at? It might just be a hot gun.

Let's see... check his paint bore size and his barrel bore size using the charts on www.ottersccustoms.com.

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 03:19 PM
If you're using premium paint... what velocity is he shooting at? It might just be a hot gun.

Let's see... check his paint bore size and his barrel bore size using the charts on www.ottersccustoms.com.

hey sweet I never stumbled upon that chart when checkin out otters page great post!

bigred76
04-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Yup, his Basics section (link (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/basics.html)) is something even I refer to once in a while.

Hossy
04-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I have no clue what you all are talking about, this (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8371) is the only thread youll ever need to read

:rolleyes:

ace._
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanxs for the chart I'm going to try to get Diablo Heats and see what happens ....but 2day i tried it out with my friend and we didn't use a hopper we just feed them one by one and no chops at all and we didn't notice and curves either