PDA

View Full Version : gravity feed+pilot=?

pbmaniac
04-05-2008, 07:22 PM
First I would just like to state that I am new to paint ball and new to these forums. I have played about 5 or 6 times and I have recently decided that it is time to stop renting the gear, So am buying a used spyder pilot acs package. There is just one problem I have enough money to buy it but not enough money to upgrade any thing(electric hopper to keep up with the gun) so since I am going to play paint ball with the gun soon and I was just wordering if I would run into any problems using a gravity feed hopper I know that will get a few ball brakes and/or have to recock a few times because of ACS bolt doing its job that would be fine I just don't want to be sitting on the sidelines cleaning out my entire marker during every other game.

Thanks

Ps. Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong place but there wasn't anywhere else and it is sort-of about a pilot

xxcarlosxx
04-05-2008, 07:28 PM
hey dude welcome to the forums!

anyways, dont worry about it chopping cuz it wont... ull just have to be shaking that gravity hopper like crazy! dont forget to break in the bolt though. how much are u planning on spending on the pilot acs package anyways?

oldironmudder
04-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Go slow! Breaking in the bolt if it isnt already will help alot if you shoot fast.

By the way, what was the hopper you couldnt buy?

Hossy
04-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forums. Were here to help.
Check out my sig and look at the Ultimate Resource thread, it has alot of answers and will help alot.

How much are you buying the gun for? Gravity feeds are ok, but Id highly suggest a electronic loader

you will probably break some balls

xxcarlosxx
04-05-2008, 07:30 PM
buy a viewloader evolution 3 hopper they go for only $60 and they work great!

i havent chopped once since i bought it and i didnt even break in the bolt the first time i played...

pbmaniac
04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
yea I want an egg 3 but need to save up

xxcarlosxx
04-05-2008, 08:01 PM
ya just save up sum money and buy the eggy and later buy a feedneck so u dont drop it on the field:D

pbmaniac
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Also I am buying the gun for $90 with some extras (pods,two gravity feeds, some paint and new barrel)

Ps. thanks for the help

xxcarlosxx
04-05-2008, 08:11 PM
dont buy that!!! look!
http://www.ansgear.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=pilot&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
thats $60
pods are only like $2 each and instead of buying gravity hoppers just save up and buy an eggy

pbmaniac
04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
wow that is a good deal i will have to check in to that but eihter way it will round out to be about the same because with that i have to pay for shipping
plus i get a 14'' j&j barrel w/the gun which has only been used once but i will def consider the other one
BTW what do you recomed/use for a feed neck w/the eggy and pilot
thanks again for all the help

Ace24
04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Trinity Clamping Feednecks are great for Spyders.

I used to have one on my Fenix.

I have a Spyder Pilot ACS for sale for $50. I could even go lower if needed.

PM me if you're interested. I also have some CO2 tanks.

Honestly, I'd get a new feedneck before I'd buy the hopper. You're going to soon find out that the plastic ones do NOT work well.

Another thing on the hopper. You can get a GREAT used electronic force feed hopper for $30. I got one of my stock Halo B's for that. You can find Eggy 2's with Z boards in them for around $25-30 too.

xxcarlosxx
04-05-2008, 10:09 PM
i have this (http://www.trinitypaintball.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR03) one, it looks nice and its really good but other people like the ndz(new designz)

remember to buy one with NO HOLES because otherwise it will not fit the pilot ACS

pbmaniac
04-06-2008, 05:10 AM
cool thanks that will most likely be the feed neck i buy when ready it seems like a good one for a good price.

MR_MILL5MAN
04-06-2008, 06:31 AM
So are u playing in the woods/scenario or speedball?

pbmaniac
04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
I mostly play speedball

Hossy
04-06-2008, 04:46 PM
now that Im reading this, dont get the 90 dollars one, that is a waste.

Get a used one from Ace or a referebrished one from Firstcall paintball. You will save yourself money by doing that.

Noosh
04-08-2008, 12:52 PM
ok. i havent been on the forums for very long, but i have been playing paintball for about 4 or 5 years now. and i have learned alot just reading topics on here. but this is one argument i have to disagree with you guys on. i have an 05 pilot acs and i have never had the money to afford an electric hopper. it will more than likely be my next purchase along with a clamping feedneck.

but i have to say that my gun works perfectly fine on semi, 3 shot and 6 shot burts modes with my grav fed hopper, without the acs bolt engaging at all. and i can even shoot on full auto for about 7 to 8 shots (estimate, im not entirely sure how many before the acs bolt engages.

so IMHO as long as you dont use full auto very much you should be alright, and as far as breaks, with the acs bolt installed you shouldnt have any, as long as your using decent paint.

VS3 Sniper
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
I would reccomend a clamping feedneck like a CCM or NDZ. The stock plastic one works but it puts the hopper up higher than it needs to be so u will catch more hits on it. The plastic feednecks are also prone to breakage so if u do have to use it try to keep a spare.

bigred76
04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
:yeahthat: Don't overtighten the screws on the feedneck as well. If it's getting small hairline cracks where the screws are, you're tightening it too much.

Noosh, I disagree. Anyone who plays speedball will need at one point or another to hit above what the gravity hopper will feed. I'm much too lazy today to type out all the other reasons, but I will never play with a gravity feed after using an agitating loader. It beats the HELL out of shaking your damn hopper, risking ball breaks and damage to balls inside the hopper.

Altpunkrock
04-10-2008, 05:30 PM
deffinatly grab a CCM from actionvillage.com
if you dont like those, here is the link to all the spyder feednecks from AV:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=w9hS_vSxlq5SpLNPc86SVv4XCpISyjetBGM=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-spyder-gun-upgrades-spyder-feed-necks

pbmaniac
04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Cool thanks alot for all the help.