PDA

View Full Version : wow Loud!

Cromzinc
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
my buddy was telling me he read reviews the mr2 was really heavy and realllly loud.
so I got it anyways of course lol

he was right though I found a review to make it lighter, ill work on that..
but any way to make it quiter??

at the field last night, guy was shooting ion and was quiter than if I had no tank on mine!
any ideas that can fix this??
thanks

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
get a barrel with alot of porting.

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 02:38 PM
32* Whisper barrel. it lives up to its name. quietest barrel i've ever seen, but of course thats because of all the porting.

Cromzinc
04-05-2008, 02:44 PM
so barrel..ill get that

what about the load clicking with no air or paint?? just turning on and pulling trigger is loud

Hossy
04-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Thats how the gun operates....
Would you rather the gun operate, or be completely silent?

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
delrin internals may cut down on the clicking/clanging from the metal on metal contact, but not all of it.

Cromzinc
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
hossy: so you're sayin the ion that was quite didn't operate..good call smartass, but id like both

DFSniper: thanks ill look into that

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
hes talking about spyders. ions and spyders have completely different internals. notice how he said "the gun," not "a gun"

Cromzinc
04-05-2008, 03:51 PM
hes talking about spyders. ions and spyders have completely different internals. notice how he said "the gun," not "a gun"

lol, see how nicely you put that...
from my question I obviously wanted it to work and be quite, so a few simple solutions like you and others gave with a lil understanding would have worked.
thanks guys

HavocNC
04-05-2008, 05:11 PM
If you would just drill holes yourself would that help it. Also what could you screw up by drilling holes yourself just wondering if I could do this to the stock Apex barrel just a few more port holes instead of that one little set.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 05:30 PM
NO buy drilling into the barrel you will leave a little lip on the inside of the barrel i can guarantee you it will shread every paintball that you try to shoot through it.

Hossy
04-05-2008, 05:38 PM
hossy: so you're sayin the ion that was quite didn't operate..good call smartass, but id like both

Last time I checked, you couldn't put an Ion into a spyder.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought a spyder after all.....

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Last time I checked, you couldn't put an Ion into a spyder.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought a spyder after all.....

Sure hard to try to give sound advice now adays hey Hossy!?!?

bigred76
04-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Boy... I don't know what's wrong with me, but reading your guy's posts is getting harder and harder... especially with the malused "quite" running around this thread. You realized that your Spyder will never quite be quiet without a lot of work and an LP job, and the Ion that you're comparing it to is made specifically to be LP and quiet? They're manufactured by entirely different companies focused on entirely different things. That is where your problem lies.

You can start to make it quieter with two purchases: a good barrel and a regulator.

I can promise you guys one thing, though. Keep bashing on good members and you will not be coming to ME for questions like "my gun broke, how do I fix it???" I do not personally appreciate flaming, and this thread is flaming Hossy. Get off his back, or get off Marv's Intarwebz. :nunu:

I'm not a moderator, but the next, quippy young fool who flames in this thread will be reported.

Hossy
04-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Sure hard to try to give sound advice now adays hey Hossy!?!?

Well, I dont know how much quieter he wants it to be. But Id say If he wanted it to be really quiet, and wanted alot out of his gun, he wouldnt have ignored his friend. An ion used can go for ~100. If he listened and did some research, he would find a stock Ion > a stock spyder (maybe not the VS or RS series' thats debatable)
As Tim said, they are made for two different groups of people. an ion is more high end, and spyders are for people who are just starting out *usually*. Which one will be more desirable? the ion.....

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I think your blowin this way to far out of perportion. For the record I wasnt flaming at Hossy, matter of fact it was right opposite. My comment was aimed at the fact that its hard to give advice when you get jumped on. I got no problem with Hossy whatsoever i even recal a few times he came to my aid when people were flaming me! So I hope your last statment wasnt aimed at me.

EDIT: Sorry Hossy you posted wial i was writing and didnt see it. i hope you dont think I was "flaming" at you? I have noticed alot of the Veteran members have been getting jumped on the last few weeks when they write down there advice thats what it was aimed at.
Sorry if you thought that it was something else

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:58 PM
If you would just drill holes yourself would that help it. Also what could you screw up by drilling holes yourself just wondering if I could do this to the stock Apex barrel just a few more port holes instead of that one little set.

On the Mil-sim empire a few weeks ago there was a thread about modifying the apex to be more quite I belive the guy drilled holes in the bottom of the Apex tip in the little chambers. I never heard how it turned out however, after he used it.

bigred76
04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I have noticed alot of the Veteran members have been getting jumped on the last few weeks when they write down there advice thats what it was aimed at.
That will always happen on these boards, unfortunately. Doesn't mean that the moderators allow it to, but some of the new members have been rather hard-headed when they come for advice.

I wouldn't drill holes in the barrel as even if you did clean off the burrs, the polish would be ruined. I believe that the Ultralite is polished down to .02 microns or something ridiculous, and when a ball hits the spot that you drilled.... it'd be "rough" compared to that. Now, that's one of the slickest barrels on the market, so I'm not saying that it'd be easily noticeable on another barrel, but it would be easily spotted after about a case of paint that the performance had dropped.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
yeah i deffinatly wouldnt drill any barrel. I dont even know if I would try to drill the apex "tip" I think the chambers in the bottom are supposed to help in some way with the backspin on the ball. I would think that when he drilled them out that would have lost preformence to. However i cant say because he never posted any resaults after he tried it.

irishwarrior
04-05-2008, 07:24 PM
For the record I wasnt flaming at Hossy, matter of fact it was right opposite.

It wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at this:

DFSniper: thanks ill look into that

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I really dont know what has bein going on with this form the last 3 weeks or so it seems that if you got over 1000 posts you should just keep your comments and advice to yourself or prepair for the onslaught of ridicule(SP?) It just has bein getting worse and worse. really its not that suprising to me that things are taken the wrong way once in a wial because everyone feels so defensive. It's like we are compleatly working against how the Spyder "COMMUNITY" should be. I could name at least 4 vets that have bein slammed and slandered in the last few weeks what is goin on?

VS3 Sniper
04-05-2008, 08:19 PM
^ idk but I just went over 1000 post. I hope I dont get flamed.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 08:22 PM
oh no your no longer under the raidar! It's open season again! ;)

bigred76
04-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Alrighty, time to get back on topic... lol...

Ace24
04-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Might I suggest a J&J Ceramic 14" barrel? It not only quiets the MR series down A LOT, but it's accurate, paint doesn't stick to the ceramic coated interior, and it's light.

Another suggestion I have is a delrin bolt. Alamo City Paintball makes some GREAT delrin bolts that will help quiet the gun down.

My MR1 is surprisingly quiet considering how little I have put into it.

PipeRain
04-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Hmmm...

I got a J&J 16" barrel and the ALamo 2 O-Ring bolt, and it doesn't seem to have quited the marker at all. Course, maybe the fact that I haven;t been able to test it anywhere other than my little "Test Range" a the back of the shop might have sumpin' to do with that...

Hopefully I'll get out to my brothers place later this afternoon and try it outdoors and see for sure.

bigred76
04-06-2008, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't be too surprised it if hasn't. The regulator is really what does it. You can get a stock Spyder working about 600psi, and it's amazing the noise difference once you start dropping under that. If you were to just use the stock barrel, however, it wouldn't be as noticeable as it's merely a piece of rolled aluminum...