PDA

View Full Version : my spyder imagine 2004/feedneck problems

SullivanSixteen
04-05-2008, 08:49 AM
does anyone have any suggestions for a new feedneck for my spyder imagine 2004.the screw holes on the body are pretty stripped....here is a link to a short video of my spyder imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPHQpgVgH84

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 09:06 AM
if you cant rethread it, try dropping some loctite on the threads, that will hold it in place a little better. and thats a 2003 imagine, the 2004 was the imagine select.

bigred76
04-05-2008, 11:40 AM
That's an '03 because of the older, plainer style body. I had an '04, and the milling is smoother, and it is different from the Imagine Select.

Are the heads of the screws, the threading in the body, or the threads on the screws stripped? Teflon tape should fix the thread issues, and new screws will take care of the stripped heads. Once you get that figured out and solved, get any feedneck (Trinity T-Lock, CCM, etc) that looks good to you AND has "with holes" in it's description. That means that the tabs on the feedneck have holes in them to take the screws to attach it to the body.

SullivanSixteen
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM
ohhh ok i have been calling it an 04 ever since i can remember. but yes the threads on the gun body are stripped pretty well. i did buy new screws and it is still very loose. i dont know how to drill new holes but maybe i will have a friend look into that.