PDA

View Full Version : raven primal info?

Acehigh65
04-05-2008, 05:14 AM
i recently got a primal and its a pretty nice gun but i have some issues with it. i thought i was breaking paint in the barrel but it turns out it is breaking where the feedneck meets the chamber. i have a halo tsa led loader and a 14" j&j ceramic barrel. the only thing i found to correct it was slowing the bps to 8 or 9. but the gun's max reads 13. any thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 05:40 AM
tsa isnt that great of a hopper. officially, it only feeds like 15, right? so you're really not even getting that. but it has eyes, so it shouldnt be chopping anyway.

Acehigh65
04-05-2008, 05:52 AM
in semi its great. but the eyes are off in burst and auto. you cant turn them on. sounds like a faster hopper may remedy the situation?

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 06:00 AM
yep. i have a z-boarded eggy (supposedly 23bps) and it keeps up with a stock board just fine. i've never had a chop due to it not feeding fast enough.

oldironmudder
04-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Eyes are a must for going fast. I found that out with one of my EM1s & HaloV35. 6 fresh abtts. & on setting 6, I some how chopped 4 balls on 2 different tests.

As a side note, Primals & EM1s are fairly close in parts.

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 07:19 PM
you can always get a new board for the primal, but most fields dont allow anything except semi, so you should be fine.

Nenkitsune
07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Eyes are a must for going fast. I found that out with one of my EM1s & HaloV35. 6 fresh abtts. & on setting 6, I some how chopped 4 balls on 2 different tests.

As a side note, Primals & EM1s are fairly close in parts.

EM1's are notorious for chopping paint at higher speeds, even if the hopper can keep up. The reason is the bolt is too "short" for the gun. it sits too far back in the breech, and with force fed hoppers, it'll half feed a ball and CHOP. You can either get a new bolt made up for it (i'm POSITIVE you can modify a bushmaster bolt, but I haven't tried) Or do what I did and just wrap a bit of teflon tape between the buffer ring on the ram and the hammer. Basically add another oring to the buffer and it's golden. Zero chops on my red board (20bps fullauto) on a qloader. Verified 20bps with a big red chrono.

oldironmudder
07-26-2008, 05:14 PM
0 chops on a red board?? wow@! I gotta get a few pics for you man, that last EM1 I picked up had a red board in it but has a spot on it where you can put in another IC thingy or set of dips.