PDA

View Full Version : what parts are needed to make a spimmy?

damaster13355
04-04-2008, 12:32 PM
can any one give me a list of parts needed to make a sick spimmy....like internals and stuff thanks:D

Critical
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Follow this (http://www.freewebs.com/vikesbuildaspimmy/) link.

damaster13355
04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
wow thanks alot

DFSniper
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM
here's (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/timmy.html) another one.

damaster13355
04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
thanks again...any one know of any one that has any spimmy/timmy parts for sale?

TheDarkShadow
04-04-2008, 06:46 PM
FYI it would just be easier and possibly cheaper to just buy a used timmy

Critical
04-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Easier, absolutely

Cheaper, most probably

Building a spimmy is not about price, or about easiness. It's about taking something and building it by hand into something greater than the sum of it's parts. While I never completely finished the Mil-Spim, what I learned has translated into a much greater understanding of how markers work, and a vastly greater interest in tinkering with them in general.

bigred76
04-04-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't know about that, Critical. If I ever had to build a Spimmy I would buy a used Timmy, and take the parts off that I wanted. Then I'd sell the Timmy body and get some of the money back from the purchase of the Timmy. Since the price of Alias's has dropped so much, you could actually conceivably build a 2k5 Spimmy for about $300, including the milling to accept the Alias solenoid and hosing and the annodizing after you re-sold the Alias body. I'd price a 2k2 Spimmy job at about $250, given the same circumstances.

vikingshadow
04-05-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't regret buying the parts individually. I got the exact parts I wanted (mostly - I didn't know about some of them at the time) and some were much better than what you'd get on a stock Timmy.

Sure, you can buy a Timmy and transfer the parts over, but some of the fun in building is searching for the parts. The quickness of buying the Timmy then just transferring them sort of takes away from the experience. After all, it's one of the things that makes a Spimmies special. It'd be cheaper, but like Critical said, if you just wanted cheap and easy, why not just shoot the Timmy you bought?