PDA

View Full Version : chopping problem

spyderguy208
04-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi i'm new to this site but I have been an mr2 owner for about a year... I've done a few upgrades (J&J Ceramic, Timmy detents, remote, sling) to my gun but I am having a chopping problem and it has done it practically the whole time I have owned the gun. On semi-auto, it will begin to chop when I am down to 2 or three paintballs while I am shooting slowly. I love the gun but I'm sick of it chopping. I'm using good paint and I ordered and installed Timmy detents (although they look exactly the same as the stock ones, so maybe I still don't have the right ones). After reading various threads the only other thing I can think of that would cause chopping on the last ball or two would be excess blowback... what do you guys think? Would an Alamo City low-blow bolt solve my problem? Is there something else I havent thought of? Thanks

PipeRain
04-03-2008, 03:47 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15947

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=16049

slim and shady
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
A new bolt would help solve your problems, it does sound like it is blowback because it happens with a few balls left. Most people prefure the 2-oring bot to the low blow though, just a thought. Out of curiosity what hopper do you use? Do you use HPA or Co2? also did you break in your ACS bolt?

And I would also like to say welcome to the forums

DFSniper
04-03-2008, 06:10 PM
get a force-fed hopper like an evolution or reloader b.

ViperX
04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Even with a force fed hopper, down to the last couple balls in the stack, blowback/chopping will still be an issue. Try the alamo city (acp) 2 ringed bolt, it should reduce the amount of blowback.

That or don't shoot down to an empty hopper or shoot really, really slowly.

spyderguy208
04-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I will try the alamo city bolt and I'll look into a force-fed hopper... i'm thinking that combo should solve my problems. Slim right now I'm running co2 with a viewloader tripod (I think) and I haven't tried breaking in the acs spring. I didn't think that would cause chopping; its just for recocking problems, right? Is the Ricochet 2k a decent force-fed hopper? If not, what would you guys suggest? I have a Q-Loader that has given me nothing but problems. Thanks.

slim and shady
04-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Breaking in your ACS is never a bad idea but usually that is for re-cocking and if you dont have that problem it is broke in. For a hopper I would sugest a Halo or empire. Im not usure about the Ricochet. Why is your Q-loader giving you problems? what does it do?

PipeRain
04-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I have had very good luck with the Viewloader VLocity, but have a Q-Loader on the way that I am quite anxious to try.

slim and shady
04-08-2008, 06:47 AM
I really like my Q-loader I think they are one of the best hoppers made for woods and scenario games. It has bein good to me, frustrating to get setup right though.

PipeRain
04-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I really like my Q-loader I think they are one of the best hoppers made for woods and scenario games. It has bein good to me, frustrating to get setup right though.
Did you direct feed it, or go the hose route? What did it take to get it running right?

slim and shady
04-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I made my own direct feed out of 3/4 epectrical PVC. To get it right it took 2 box's of paint and alot of time talking to "Kodiak" on the Q-loader and Mil-sim Empire pages.

Lonus
04-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I dumped my qloader in favor if a halo v35 w/ rip. I have had no trouble with the halo. I also have a ricochet 2kx. It will not keep up with the stock board.

PipeRain
04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I made my own direct feed out of 3/4 epectrical PVC. To get it right it took 2 box's of paint and alot of time talking to "Kodiak" on the Q-loader and Mil-sim Empire pages.

Is that your marker I have seen picture of floating around with the hard-line feed? That is one slick setup!

spyderguy208
04-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Well my q-loader has rarely worked how it is designed. It is a good concept but needs some refining to make it a truly good product IMO. The system for loading the paint into the pods did not work; it left gaps between the paintballs and made soup out of them when I connected the pod to the gun. So i have to hand feed the pod to get it to load correctly. Another problem that I've experienced is when turning the lever to load the balls, sometimes the mechanism inside doesn't catch and if I let go at the wrong time it unloads ALL of the paint. And since its spring loaded paint goes flying everywhere. IF you get it loaded correctly, then it seems to work well. But that is just my experience with it. I know that some people love it, it just doesn't work for me. Thanks for the force feed suggestions, ill check them out.

slim and shady
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Is that your marker I have seen picture of floating around with the hard-line feed? That is one slick setup!

I dont think that would be mine I havnt posted a pic with it yet.

KingTutBaller
04-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Spyderguy, instead of putting your paintballs into the Qloader Silo and shaking them down that hose into the loading bracket, attach the hose to an agitating or forcefed hopper instead. Turn it on, then just crank away. I can load my Qpods as fast and I can spin the handle on the loading bracket, under 10 seconds for sure I imagine. Never a gap.

spyderguy208
04-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Alright I will try that. Thanks