PDA

View Full Version : iPod Playlists

Critical
04-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I need help guys, I've spent the last several months organizing my music and now I need to put it on my iPod. I have pretty much all the music, but have some iTunes gift cards for the newer stuff. What I need help with is recommendations for music, organized into playlist categories. I've made a start below:

Rock
Creed - My Sacrifice
Saliva - Broken Sunday
- Ladies & Gentlemen
- Crazy *****
Egypt Central - You Make Me Sick
Atreyu - Falling Down
Seether - Fake It
Incubus - Drive
Airborne - Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
Ozzy - All My Life
3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
Saving Able - Addicted
Staind - For You
My Chemical Romance - Black Parade
Evanescence - ***er
Breaking Benjamin - Breath
40 Acres - Burn Baby Burn
Linkin Park - 8 or 9 songs from them

Pop
for when my wife/kid are in the car, I have no ideas here, just make suggestions for music that doesn't completely suck, that I can stand to listen to for up to 2 hours.
Jack Johnson -

Rap/Hip-Hop/Urban
Fergie - London Bridge
Trick Trick & Eminem - Welcome 2 Detroit
Chingy - Bringin Me Back
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony w/ Phil Collins - Take Me Home
Ciara - One Two Steps

Other
Got a suggestion for something that doesn't fit the other categories? Put it here
Paul van Dyk - (about a dozen of his songs)
KMFDM - (the old stuff, before En Esch left)
about a thousand goth/industrial songs from the 80's & 90's

Thanks for the suggestions, please leave any discussion about piracy outside, I buy my music legit.

Also, no country music, I can't stand that crap, I'll listen to just about anything else though.

durrell
04-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't know how you feel about Jack Johnson, but he is very family friendly and relaxing. Good music for a car ride with kids.

Critical
04-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, the kid is 17 months so it's more about making the wife happy, what songs do you recommend, because I don't have anything by him.

durrell
04-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Any of his stuff is fine. You probably can't go wrong with In Between Dreams..it is his best selling album. Banana Pancakes, Better Together, etc. My favorite album by him is On and On.

irishwarrior
04-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Rock
3 Doors Down- Citizen Soldier
Pink Floyd-All of their songs, lol, great band.
Metal
Rammstein-Most of their songs.
Comedy
Can't go wrong with Weird Al!

HelpDeskHustler
04-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Jack Johnson is uber meh.

I have a lot of similar stuff as you on my pandora.com station. PM me your email and I'll send you a link to it.

MR2 Woodsballer
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Don't know how you feel about Jack Johnson, but he is very family friendly and relaxing. Good music for a car ride with kids.

Yea jack Johnson is good for family, he wrote the whole sound track for curious George. My 3 year old sister loves him to death.

battlechaser
04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I figured I'd post mainly Canadian music, with a few other nationalities for flavour.. ;)

Rock

Saliva - Superstar
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer (and just about anything else)
Bad Religion - American Jesus
Big Wreck - The Oaf (Again, anything by this artist, or Thornley, which is the lead singer's new band)
Cold - Suffocate, Stupid Girl
Course of Nature - Caught In The Sun
Days Of The New - Die Born
Disturbed - Liberate (this song cause me to speed from time to time...)
Anything by Dope
DoubleDrive - Imprint
Element Eighty - Broken Promises (from Need For Speed: Underground 1), Echo Song
Anything by a little Canadian band called "Jersey".
Lit - Miserable, My Own Worst Enemy
Mudmen - Home For A Rest (Spirit of the West cover), Saturday (a friend of mine is in the video!), Animal.... you get the picture, everything is good... you have to like bagpipes though.
Ra - Do You Call My Name, Skorn
The Fratellis - Flathead
The Salads - Hot Damn (once you hear it you'll know why it's awesome, Ron Jeremy comes to mind....), The Roth Kung Fu, Get Loose
Thousand Foot Krutch - Puppet, Supafly
Wolfmother - The Joker and the Theif, Woman

Rap

House Of Pain - Shamrocks and Shenanigans
Kazzer - Halfway Home, When It Rains It Pours
Moka Only - Once Again

interceptorMR2
04-04-2008, 11:52 AM
breaking benjamin is great, i suggest you get the songs:
dance with the devil, so cold, Sooner or Later, and The Diary of Jane.

SpyderMan723
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
for rap get some lil wayne and Birdmans new CD 5*Stunna, great stuff, makes you feel like a G.Also see if you can get some Fly society, they're new but they've got some hot songs

rock, get some classic stuff like styx foreigner maybe some lamb of god?(<-- more metaly) i really like Killswitch Engage

interceptorMR2
04-04-2008, 01:49 PM
killswitch engage absolutely destroys.

pinkanese
04-04-2008, 02:47 PM
killswitch engage absolutely destroys.

I concure.