PDA

View Full Version : how do i make my spyder imagin tournament speed?

damaster13355
04-03-2008, 10:54 AM
hey guy i have a 04 spyder imagin that i am starting to play more with....i wanted to know what i have to get for it to make it tournament fast.

i have parts on the way and i wanted to know from other spyder shooters how to make it faster. mainly internally, i know a board obviously...i want to know what are the internals needed to make it fast.

what are the best possible internals and stuff to make my spyder faster

thanks for the wisdom

Critical
04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
The only thing that you will need would be a board that operates within the regulations of the field/tournament that you are playing at. Internals will not change the speed of the marker, they may make it more air efficient, or quieter, or add consistency to the shots, but none will increase the speed of the marker, only the electronic board will.

king-man
04-03-2008, 12:35 PM
a board will allow it but will the gun itself be fast enough? can an imagine sustain a constant 15 bps, or 13bps, or 12bps, depending on what kind of tourney you play. i think that it would but if you lp it then it will have all theconsistancy of a tourney level gun, but why not buy a timmy or something like that, that you can get cheap new on ebay instead of putting more money into making it a tourney level gun, if you simply just put a board in it well than obvously your ahead on money but you wont be consistant or be able to last a long drug out match

Critical
04-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Spyders have been shown to be capable of 30+ cycles per second, more than enough to maintain 12-15 bps firing.

With that being said, king-man has something of a point that buying an older model high-end marker may be a better option long term. For the potential cost of upgrading all the little things on the Imagine, you could instead spend that same money and get one of those markers. Shocker SFT, Matrix, 2k2-2k4 Intimidator, etc. would all give you an great place to start, and you would have a marker that could compete with anything on the market today, instead of throwing $200-$300 at the Imagine.

DFSniper
04-03-2008, 03:29 PM
buying used can cut your price in half. i bought everything new, and spent about $375 on my imagine, including the gun. if i had known my way around the b/s/t section, i could have spent way less than that.

and critical's right, spyders can complete full cycles about 50 times per second. IIRC, the fastest spyder on record is 23bps in semi, and that's nerobro's (on PBN), which has mainly stock parts.

king-man
04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
kinda off topic but ive heard the fastest gun ever tested went 63 bps, anyone know what it was?

Critical
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM
BE? lol

king-man
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
im thinking it was a 98 custom but not real sure :roflmao:

Kenny_McCormic
04-03-2008, 04:05 PM
kinda off topic but ive heard the fastest gun ever tested went 63 bps, anyone know what it was?

No the fastest gun is the deadlywind aedes that cycled 80. To make a spyder fast you put in a new board, a stock spyder will outrun every hopper out there in uncapped FA(cycle speed is in the low 40s).

bigred76
04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Fastest shooting gun goes 43bps (I believe that's the right number), and that's the SL8R. Second fastest in the high 30's is the MacDev Cyborg.

On topic: get a new switch ASAP. A 25g lever switch will do WONDERS for the Spyder, but a 50g even is good. That's tournament grade, and a lot more essential than just the board. A new board gives you the capability to go fast, but without the new switch, you can do whatever you want, but it won't happen. You can't shoot faster than 14bps anyways for a tournament nowadays (PSP, CFOA, and Millenium mode/tournament series have revised the rules to a 13.33bps cap, 13bps on most guns to be safe). I personally haven't tried one, but these switches are fairly cheap and hook right into your Spyder: http://www.x-customs.com/swix.html

THEN you should go for a new board, as now you can achieve those ROF's that the board is capable of. Without the switch, you'd be better off keeping the stock board than wasting your money on a new board as you'd only be able to hit the 14bps cap on a rare occasion with the 250g switch.

As far as internals... I've always been fond of EagleLox's stuff, such as the Nightstriker XL. Unfortunately, he's been on hiatus for a little more than a year so you'd have to find one used. Since that option's out, I'd have to say that you should go for the SPPS Dragonfly striker, seen here (http://www.sundragonpps.com/catalog/item/1583576/1976254.htm).

Next, a bolt. I'd say a Shocktech Superfly, Alamo City Paintball (any kind, doesn't really matter), Orange, etc etc... really, the list goes on and on. Any composite ("plastic") bolt will do, be it delrin, ertylite, nylatron... doesn't really matter, they're all basically the same.

Valve, any aftermarket will do. Same with a spring kit.

Regulator's an obvious one, you will need one to lower the pressure to reduce kick and to keep the blowback down to a point that you can get the marker to recock quicker (higher ROF capability) as the striker won't be bouncing off the back cap if you get it tuned right.

Man, I'm tired of typing. Read the red link in my sig for more info.

king-man
04-04-2008, 06:44 AM
a new trigger and either a softer spring for it or a magnetic return

damaster13355
04-04-2008, 06:55 AM
thanks every one