PDA

View Full Version : Bolt hole wrong on stock

gibran
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I just purchased the MR1 with stock. Upon installing the stock I found it had been drilled on the underside instead of the top. Keeping me from using the retaining screw. So I cant bolt the stock securely to gun.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem or what options I may have.
Thanks.

bigred76
04-01-2008, 08:45 PM
You have two options really: see how to modify it to have the set screw accessible (I don't know how you'd do it personally), or call Kingman and have them replace the stock.

crecsky
04-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't think that would be a common problem. I know mine came with 2 holes, one on the top and one on the right side at 90 degrees to the top one. It's not that great of a stock anywho, just pick up better one. Or phone up Kingman.

davmitchell77
04-02-2008, 07:18 AM
if you really want to use the stock, this is what you do.
using a 1/16" drill bit, and starting from the bottom of the threaded hole, carefully drill through the stock mounting stub. the bottom of the hole has a slight taper, so itll center itself just fine. im gonna assume (though i hate to assume) that youre gonna use a hand drill and no levels, so go slowly, and pay attention to what your drill is doing.
anyway, once the hole is drilled, slide the stock into the body and mark (or at least notice) where your small hole is in relationship to the hole in the body. now, increase drill bit sizes until you reach 5/32". that is the correct hole size for the M5 tap your gonna use to thread the hole all the way through.
starting at the bottom, slowly thread the oiled tap into the threads like a screw. when you hit resistance, put your tap handle on, and start threading. when the tap is all the way through, clean it, oil it, and unscrew it. deburr, and check for fit in the body.

Tech Steve
04-03-2008, 08:04 AM
send it to kingman and they'll send you a new one...

kbonnell
04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Throw it in the trash you'll never use it.

XSiv Force
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Dont throw it away, Do what they all said
1)Call kingman
2)Mod it

Lonus
04-04-2008, 02:51 AM
If you just bought it new, call kingman they will take care of this for you. You could always return it to the store you bought it at.

N_Dub_Spyder
04-04-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't want to beat a dead horse but I would call Kingman or exchange the whole package where you bought it.

gibran
04-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the replys everyone. I purchased the gun specifically because the stock was included, it was the last one in the store so returns are out, plastics are kinda tricky to drill and tap and I only get one shot, so sounds like calling and sending it in is the way to go.

bigred76
04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Yup, shouldn't cost ya too much to send it Flat Rate Priority with Delivery Confirmation to Kingman. Their number Mon-Fri 9am-5pm is 1(888) KINGMAN (546-4626).