PDA

View Full Version : First paintball tournament - NERVOUS!!

th3_0n3
04-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Yep that's right. I'm going to a paintball tournament at Antioch Paintball. It's a three man tourny. It's the first tourny I've ever been in. I'm really nervous by what to expect and not looking like an idiot. AQny incouragment?

king-man
04-01-2008, 06:46 PM
well, you cant do any worse than i did my first tourney, dead last, and so what, as long as you give it your all, you learn knew things and figure out better strategies for the next time

XSiv Force
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
DONT GET SHOT......best words of advice

ttam13xlpb
04-01-2008, 06:57 PM
i played my first big event last sunday and i was pretty nervouse first game or two but just settle down and play smart and you'll be fine.good luck

XSiv Force
04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Honestly to me three man is a lot easier than 5 man

MVS1
04-01-2008, 07:05 PM
The best advice in the world...Check your equipment before the morning of the Tourny. Air it up, make sure it's not bouncing, leaking, your loader has fresh batteries and is feeding right, etc. That way you don't have to deal w/the anxiety and stress of having to deal with that before you walk on the field...and make sure your teammates do the same.
Short of that, relax, have fun, and do your best.

ttam13xlpb
04-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Honestly to me three man is a lot easier than 5 man

it is..there is a whole lot less strategy and more individual skill..one really good player could win a 3man for his team most of the time. just alot more individual skill is shown in 3man,imo

XSiv Force
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Yep i agree, that happened to me a two of my friends.....There was a small local tournament and three of us entered....well 45 seconds into the match im left alone and i PWND the crap out of the other team who still had three people.........The refs gave me props they said that they basically had me surrounded but when you see a 6 foot 215 lbs guy come from behind a bunker yelling like a mad man you kind of get shocked

th3_0n3
04-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Lol thanks for all the advice guys.

STRIKEFIRST
04-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Make sure your not the teammate that doesn't get half way to the snake...dive for a dorito...lay his gun in front of him...put his hands on his head...and scream like an infant and call himself out.

Yeah...I was in such shock seeing that unfold before my eyes, I forgot I was in the middle of a game and got lit up.

After you see something like that...there is nothing to be worried about.

DFSniper
04-01-2008, 08:03 PM
one of the dumbest speedball moves ive ever done was use the snake in a 1v1 game. i was playing 1v1 against my friend and i wanted to see how he would react if i dove for the snake. well, i made it, and if he had been any smarter (it was his first day of speedball) he would have bunkered me. luckily he stayed behind the stand-up and we shot it out.

XSiv Force
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
First time i did paintball i ran so far up that the other team thought i was a ref with a gun and didnt shoot but my team thought i was the enemy

DFSniper
04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
i played with a kid from school a few years ago, and he did a run-through, took out 3 guys, and then i spun around, and i thought i got 3 shots off before he hit me. turns out i mowed him down without thinking and he just got a lucky shot off.

fatkidfrompbaz
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
i'm going to enter my first one this year which is a one on one tournament

bigred76
04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Wait, Antioch Paintball? The NCPS Event #2 on the 13th??? :) The head ref's as cool as ****, his name's Aaron, and his wife Holli (or is it Holly... I don't remember!) is just as nice. They own CPS (California Paintball Supply), both the Fremont and Antioch stores. If so, I might consider showing up. Gotta support my local shop! :)

You'll have a lot of fun playing in the tourney, but beware of the team with the E-Cocker on it. The guy that shoots that is WICKED! In NCPS #1, he owned almost everybody else. PM me and lemme know if you're going to that one, and I'll ask the GF if I can go... Hopefully I can steal her car and go.

vikingshadow
04-02-2008, 04:44 AM
The best advice in the world...Check your equipment before the morning of the Tourny. Air it up, make sure it's not bouncing, leaking, your loader has fresh batteries and is feeding right, etc. That way you don't have to deal w/the anxiety and stress of having to deal with that before you walk on the field...and make sure your teammates do the same.
Short of that, relax, have fun, and do your best.

Best advice for sure. Checking your gun and just having fun, trying your best is the way to keep it fun to play.

XSiv Force
04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
One on ones are fun
A guy on my team only shoots a phantom.....he told another team one time that he would take anyone on one on one.......they all where using DM9 and other high dollar guns that shot ropes.....He annihilated all of them with out haveing to reload

vikingshadow
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
One on ones are fun
A guy on my team only shoots a phantom.....he told another team one time that he would take anyone on one on one.......they all where using DM9 and other high dollar guns that shot ropes.....He annihilated all of them with out haveing to reload

Yeah, I hear those DM9's are AWESOME guns... :dodgy:

I don't care much for one on ones, even in practice. People develop BAD habits playing those things. We have a back player, HUGE back player, that will try to make the 50 EVERY single time he does them, then try bunkering people even though he gets shot out. People play their bunkers sloppy, which would never happen in a multi player tournament. When I do play them, I really try to use them to practice like I would play in a tournament.

DFSniper
04-02-2008, 02:54 PM
haha, vike. all my one on ones involved us running circles around each other and the bunkers, unless i dove for the 50.

XSiv Force
04-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah that is the problem with one on ones people tend to lose the use of bunkers.......I have plays for different # of opposition plays........but yes i agree

th3_0n3
04-02-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't like one on ones because they are just so straight forward. There's no element of unexpedency to them. Just really simple.