PDA

View Full Version : Foregrip rubber, unwanted movement

MonsterLopes
03-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I know most people just replace the foregrip with a regulator but I haven't yet and am stuck with the stock for now.
As we all know, the stock foregrip is just a hollow tube with a rubber grip around it. I don't like how the rubber grip can turn freely(without unscrewing the foregrip itself) and am wondering:
a) Do all VS2's have this problem? Did they forget to put glue in there or something?
b) A good way to solve this problem; taking it off entirely, using glue or tape or heating/molding it, etc...
c) Am I an idiot for not having a CP shorty on there?

DFSniper
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
yes, its because the rubber grip is just a slip on. i would take some rubber cement or something to temporarily hold it in place.

Griff
03-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Hair Spray might work. I use to use it for my Mountain bike grips. It act as a Lubercant till it dries then it works like glue.

MonsterLopes
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hmm, might try the hairspray. Thanks.

king-man
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
i cant even get the rubber off, howd you get it off, i must be weak or sumtin

MonsterLopes
04-02-2008, 06:33 AM
I haven't even tried removing it yet, but judging by how easily it turns, I'd figure it would be possible. It's probably easier if you take it off first(the foregrip).

Griff
04-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Use sum type of lube WD 40,Just wash in a good degresser than soap and water,let dry than put in back on.