PDA

View Full Version : new MR2 owner...striker plug mushrooming?

bryman021
03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
My striker plug part #260 seems to be mushrooming a bit where the pin that holds it in place is. I just noticed this, and also noticed that when it's assembled there is a little bit of play in the plug. Should I get a new one or is this common.

I just recently got my MR2 from a good friend who barely used it.
Upgrades I have done include:
j&j 16in ceramic barrel
ACP 2 o-ring bolt (not low blow)
trinity locking feedneck
timmy detents
HPA with remote line
Empire B hopper

any other suggestions?
Thanks guys I look forward to being part of the threads

PipeRain
03-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Well, I"m too much of a n00b to know for sure, but generally speaking, mushrooming parts = "BAD". I'd get ahold of Kingman and see about a new part myself. Is the takedown pin showing odd wear signs?

bigred76
03-31-2008, 12:18 PM
Striker plug... striker plug... oh, the back cap? That should NOT be mushrooming under any circumstances. Stop using the marker and call up Kingman. The part itself is either a lemon, or a combination of that and too much blowback. Also, does it have the little black ring in it, part #26A, the striker buffer? It needs that in it. That also might be what's causing it if it's missing. Again, stop using the gun NOW and call up Kingman. If that striker's coming back with enough force to cause the back cap to mushroom... it's a very bad idea to keep shooting it and bringing that area up to the level of your head. I'm overly cautious, but it's better to be safe than sorry. :waytogo:

Kingman's number is (626) 430-2300. A rep'd be glad to take your call.

bryman021
03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey thanks for the info, I called Kingman and they are going to replace it for free for me!!

bigred76
03-31-2008, 03:48 PM
Sweet! It's good to hear that it was as easy as that!

slim and shady
03-31-2008, 06:22 PM
That is good to here! Nice to have product support!